Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Yamaha Gladiator Modification Queries

Hey Guys,
I own a Yamaha Gladiator SS 125cc bike. I have had it for the past 7 months and have clocked around 6800 kilometers on it. I have a few queries about some modifications that i want to do on my bike.

1) I wanted to know which tyre size i could go for as i am unhappy with my present rear tyre? Presently the bike has a 3.00x18". Will i have to change the wheels if i want to go for the tyre change? What would be the cost

2) Will a performance k&n filter help on the bike? Cost?

3) I have heard a lot of people talking about upjetting the engine. Can someone please explain what is exactly done. Is this a good option to go in for? If yes, where can it be done in Bangalore. What would be the cost?

4) I travel excess of 50 kilometers a day. I wanted to know if i could change the handlebars or any such thing to make the bike more comfortable. As many a times i suffer from a backache because of the journey.

I would greatly appreciate all suggestions. Please do give me a rough figure as to how much each of these modifications would cost. As i am a student and need to earn the money before i can go ahead with any of these modifications. Thanks all.
Old 18th July 2010, 12:02   #2
BHPian

Query No1: The 3.00x18 tyre is good but if you want a bigger one, you can use the MRF 'Q' Grip Tubeless... Have used it for 11,000 kms and it is great on wet...

Query No2: Have not used the K&N as I am happy with the stock paper filter's performance...

Query No3: You can use the Main Jet of Honda Unicorn... Plug and Play... your local mechanic can do it...

Query No4: Don't know...

I suggest you to use STP octane booster... Have used it and the performance is great and knock free....
Old 18th July 2010, 12:49   #3
BHPian

Hi,

I have a Old Gladiator JA.
It came with the sponge type air filter.So, had to get rid of it and replace it with K&N. However, in the SS Models, the paper filter is good enough.

The airbox was pretty heavy, so, the weightloss was good. Get rid of all extras from your ride. Its all down to the Power/wt ratio.

I use the stock apache jets. But i guess that the unicorn would be equally good.

Once you have completed 10k, make sure that you get the exhaust cleaned up once. I also got my exhaust port enlarged since I am already supplyin more air and fuel into the chamber.

Get rid of the stupid rev-limiter. Not sure abt the setup on a SS, the JA used to cut off at 10k. Post removal, it revs north of 13k

I have a Dunlop 100/90 rear(it used to be the stock tires for classic CBZ) with the unicorn tuff-up tube.

But first, get rid of the saree guard and the so called 'crash guard'. These save u less and harm the bike more.
Old 18th July 2010, 19:15   #4
BHPian

Well Renu and aqualeo... this is a one year old post. Lobo might have already done the modification.
Old 19th July 2010, 09:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Hi,

I have a Dunlop 100/90 rear(it used to be the stock tires for classic CBZ) with the unicorn tuff-up tube.

But first, get rid of the saree guard and the so called 'crash guard'. These save u less and harm the bike more.
The new Gladiators doesn't come with Crash Guard and the Saree Guard is very light... The Dunlop tires are great but the ones that came with CBZ is very heavy... Tubeless tires are very light and if you compliment it with nitrogen air, nothing like it...

How did you remove the rev-limiter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks