Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 10:43   #1
BHPian

Need Chassis for Bajaj Chetak

Hi,

My father owns a Bajaj Chetak scooter, a 1986 model. We love it so much and even uses it now. Never we were struck once in the middle of the road with a problem.

The chasis for our scooter was having heavy corrosion and is fully gone now. We have to replace it now to even drive it.

Can somebody help me get a new chasis from Bajaj or any other authourised service centre.

In Chennai, we can get from Pudupet but, we wanted to first try if we can get genuine parts.

Thanks,
Anantha
Old 8th April 2009, 11:06   #2
BANNED

The only option is pudupet . And I think everything is genuine there , as long as you know what you want and the diff btwn a genuine and a fake . Another thing is you can get the chaisis numbers hammered on to the chaisis in pudupet .
Old 8th April 2009, 11:20   #3
BHPian

Thanks Great Man.
But do we new ones there. What I thought is they will take the chassis from a worn-out scooter/engine damaged scooters and sell it back to us.

If I get a new one, I will very well buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The only option is pudupet . And I think everything is genuine there , as long as you know what you want and the diff btwn a genuine and a fake . Another thing is you can get the chaisis numbers hammered on to the chaisis in pudupet .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks