Team-BHP - My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/60888-my-new-pulsar-220-dtsi-09-a.html)

Got delivery yesterday. Putting up a few pics.. :)
Will write a review in few days time. Now have a "so called" Sport (r15) , cruiser (avenger) and a Street (P220 dtsi)

Wow , congrats . That was fast one . How much on road there ?
Do runnin in fine and start to pile the miles . Happy ownership .

Do put a few lines about the ride and handling .

Wow, that was fast! Congratulations, mate.

Do put up a detailed review and keep updating the ownership experience.

Have fun.

You seemed to have got one from the first lot! Congrats!
Quite a trio of bikes you have, why not an RE Tbts?
Looking forward to a detailed ride report from you.

Well thanks guys. I dont know if this is allowed but i have just copied my review post from xbhp and put it up here. Its me only ! mods let me know if this ok. I cant type so much again. :) Also the pics are the same.

Got my 220 dtsi yesterday eve. Bought it from a local shop here in Borivali, Mumbai. Got delivery in 2 hrs !!!! well will just upload pics for now. Will write more in sometime.

Ok so here goes:
Well Let me first start of with an introduction as I have not posted before. I have but those were the days when xbhp was bajajpulsar.com ! (or something like that ). so just made my new id sometime back so it appears like im new here but im not. Im Vikas, a 24yr old marine engineer and this is my new bike.

Yesterday morning I decided to buy the bike, afternoon went to bajaj probiking, the guy didnt even know the price! I asked him how fast can you deliver it as i must leave in two months. He says, yeah in two months you'll get it no problem, I said Yeah Right ill be riding it in my dreams then !! well anyway, then i headed to a shop near my place and Woah ! there was one of these black beauties on display. Test rode it for like 100 mtrs ( I know this guy as i've bought 3 bikes from him) and found it pretty fast. Kind of similar to my r15. So after reading all the reviews this that, convincing my fiance, I finally Booked it , and he said ill deliver it in two hours and he did !

Took the bike for a spin around here since I didnt have any papers yet. Should receive everything on friday. I dont even have the manual yet. So after getting everything, I will take her for a long ride coming weekend. Will also try to finish running-in, the slow and easy way by that time.

After returning, I decided to check the bike properly. Tried to see oil level, Now like always i didnt know that this didnt have a dipstick so i thought it was broken and had gone inside coz of the small hole underneath the oil filling cap. So i called up the dealer and told him this. I asked him to check on the display model which was there and found it didnt have one either. So then I was fine n later realised that this had a sight glass for checking the level. Phew.. Rest everything else was fine except the bike had a few problems to start. I dont know if this is normal. Had to adjust the fuel a little here and there.

Again around 11:00 pm couldnt sit at home. Went down and took her out again. The power at lower rpm I feel is much better than the R15. The R15 I feel is only fun to ride at more than 6k. This however is able to deliver a pretty decent output at lesser rpm.
Next went around this place called LIC colony which has pretty neat curves. So when I leaned I heard a loud Thud ! , I thought it may be a stone or something. then next curve again, a loud thud from the back. Stopped the bike and checked. It was the Goddamn main stand ! Check out Pic no 5 and Youll see how low it is. So I'll try to get something done with it or will just get rid it. Now im too scared to lean even a little..

The projector lamp is anyday better. Light throw is amazing much better than the R15 (lower beam).

Today took it for a ride along with the my r15 side by side. Me and me friend were exchanging after few kms and trying to see how both of them feel. With regards to comfort , well i really like the 220 since im sitting straight (just a little bent). Of course the r15 is sporty but I feel you either sit straight or you lean fully like on an r1. the r15 is something like in the middle and I was not too happy with it.

While riding we hit a few potholes where the 220 rear went in with a loud wham ! whereas the r15 took it much better. I think I need to adjust the rear shocks as there were fully loose. But anyway I preffered the r15 with regards to the suspension. Also the rear view mirrors suck big time on the 220. Not only are they small but also vibrate like anything!

Im 5ft 9, 80kgs. The 220 looks much better on ppl my size. When riding also im much more confident on the 220 than on the r15.
Tyres are good on both but somehow I find the 220 to be more stable on city roads.
Gear changing was nice. Very nice. As the last pulsar I rode was my 180 classic. But still not as sharp as the r15's.
With regards to brakes I cant really say at the moment as the 220 needs more running in. So far clocked only 100kms. Will know more in due time.

As you revv the 220 more, the exhaust note just gets better. Similar to the 15 but with Much more bass . I have actually somehow got fed up of the r15.I needed something more. Was actually looking forward to the performance kit but after hearing the price and not being street legal, I said no way.

Also next week might or after the first service planning to get a k&n fitted. So will have just a lil more punch.
Best part of the bike so far is the power delivery. Very similar to the 15 (linear). But just more.

All in all im quite happy with the new 220. I really love the all black styling. Matches the colour of my car now ! Will put up a few more pics and try to finish the running-in asap. Then only shall I unleash all 21 horses of this black beauty.
Now I have a Sports ( r15) , a cruiser (avenger) and a street (220 dtsi). Just waiting to give it a full blown test and then decide to put my R15 for sale or not.

Cheers.

Wow that was quick. Most guys are still pondering and you have already bought it :D
Congratulations, and good job with the review. Thanks for sharing it with us.
How comfortable is the pillion seat? Any idea?

Hey this one review i was waiting for so long clap:
Bike looks awesome and am personally in love with black pulsars because am getting one on my bday in december this year.

Now i can track your ownership reports and make my decision, exhaust note for 220 is yummy but till running in completes you might not want to hear it lol:

How much is the running in period for p220? What is the OTR deal you got?
That was a quick booking and even quicker delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1362698)
Wow that was quick. Most guys are still pondering and you have already bought it :D
Congratulations, and good job with the review. Thanks for sharing it with us.
How comfortable is the pillion seat? Any idea?

Thanks. Regarding pillon seat cant say till I take her out for a long trip. next sunday if I recieve papers and everything, might go to daman and back. Then ill be able to tell you a lot more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 1362709)
How much is the running in period for p220? What is the OTR deal you got?
That was a quick booking and even quicker delivery.

No idea about the running in period as I havent received the manual yet. I will run her in for the first 1000 kms. Nothing more than that ! I got it for 82k. It might be high but I couldnt wait for a month.

1. Get rid of that saree guard.
2. Congratulations! What was the on-road price?
3. Change the jugaad front license plate to a nice fiber plate.

Hey Vikas,
Congrats on your new bike.

Even I am a resident of Borivali (Stanti Ashram), so I know the curves of LIC that you mentioned :D

BTW, did you buy your bike from Jayna Motors? I am also considering buying this bike as an upgrade to my classic 180. Do let us know the on road cost of the bike. Since you got it on the spot did you pay any extra money?

You building seems very familiar, looks like I have been there before.

TC and enjoy your ride.

Cheers

That was very quick. Congrats!!

The bike looks very good in black. The new 220 seems to be good as per the reviews. Enjoy!!

Hey congrats! The picture of the Yam and the P220 is neat. Somehow the Yam looks hotter. The P220's fairing/semi-fairing is does not suit the rest of the body. That is purely what I feel. Yes vibrations of the mirrors and visors is very irritating on Pulsars.
How does it sound ? Is it loud or gentlemanly ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 1362917)
Hey Vikas,
Congrats on your new bike.

Even I am a resident of Borivali (Stanti Ashram), so I know the curves of LIC that you mentioned :D

BTW, did you buy your bike from Jayna Motors? I am also considering buying this bike as an upgrade to my classic 180. Do let us know the on road cost of the bike. Since you got it on the spot did you pay any extra money?

You building seems very familiar, looks like I have been there before.

TC and enjoy your ride.

Cheers

Yeah I bought it from Jayna. Somehow I dont like him, but I did not have any other option. Like i said I paid 82k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1363124)
Hey congrats! The picture of the Yam and the P220 is neat. Somehow the Yam looks hotter. The P220's fairing/semi-fairing is does not suit the rest of the body. That is purely what I feel. Yes vibrations of the mirrors and visors is very irritating on Pulsars.
How does it sound ? Is it loud or gentlemanly ?

I agree with you. I too dont like the semi fairing of the 220. Would prefer a 200 headlight to it.
It isnt as loud as the R15. This has much more bass thats what I like. Will try finishing the running in then ill be able to say more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancer_vkz (Post 1363162)
Yeah I bought it from Jayna. Somehow I dont like him, but I did not have any other option. Like i said I paid 82k.

Somehow I missed the post where you mentioned the cost of the bike.
I am waiting for your (and others) initial experience with the bike before I plonk my money.

So do keep us update.

Cheers

Congrats Lancer_vkz, that was quick :)

Please keep us posted on the bike as you munch more kms on it.

I am sure many here would be interested in the ownership report of the new 220.