Team-BHP - Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/61216-yamaha-rx100-still-great-demand-2.html)

I think that's what he's should be doing if there's a cylinder seizure.

No, the mechanic told me that was not required and engine was not re-bored. I dont know why, but that was not done.

Oh!! I see, then there's no engine seizure as such

True its a cult bike and with the manufacture stopped many people are turning towards it.
Mine is a 1990 model and has run around 50000 kms without any hiccup.Its the best thing on two wheels that I ever had. You can visit my garage and view my 2 and 4 wheelers. I have owned many other two wheelers but none is a RX 100 or even comes near it.
Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-rx-100.jpg

Yamaha RX100 - Still in great demand-dsc04372.jpg

Here is my 92 model RX, still in stock condition with original color,it happens to be my daily ride to work, hope you enjoy the pic

Spike:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisha8 (Post 1371705)
Though I bought second hand Yamaha RX 100, only in 2000,...

hey thats very well maintained bike .... really loved it not even a single scratch i guess .. right ??

Some more recent pictures of my RX-100. Though I dont very much use it, I still maintain it in immaculate condition.

Yes, its looking real immaculate; BTW, I see a difference in the gas tank stickering between the 1st & rest of the pics. Did you change the gas tank in recent times? Also, try using the OE handle bars, they're real good & offers the best riding position, unless you want to lean forward.

Used the RX-100 extensively from 1996-1998 during my MBA at Surat, Bikes are relatively much more dangerous in Mumbai.

The RX was a dream to drive around, being a 2-stroke is where it gets its appeal, and that is why it died (in the environment driven change to 4 -stroke).

Though I simply love the RX-100 especially compared to all other bikes then, today the dyanmics have changed and the naked version of the FZ 150 from Yamaha if driven by a RX-100 rider would imediately reveal that the world and technology has moved ahead - well ahead. Yep even today the it's fun to drive the RX-100 when one gets the chance, but that's kind of like driving the Fiat 1100 after driving the Punto. Time has moved on, it's great as a weekend drive but as a regular commuter bike there are better options.

Jaisha your bike is in great condition.

PS: Drive various types of bikes on and off for the fun of it, but commute by Car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1924561)
Yes, its looking real immaculate; BTW, I see a difference in the gas tank stickering between the 1st & rest of the pics. Did you change the gas tank in recent times? Also, try using the OE handle bars, they're real good & offers the best riding position, unless you want to lean forward.

Yes aargee, I changed my petrol tank recently as the previous one was fully rusted from inside and there used to be frequent petrol blocks in the pipe. As I am not using this bike I would like to keep it as it is without spending more on it. Also I feel this position comfortable to ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing.commander (Post 1780897)
hey thats very well maintained bike .... really loved it not even a single scratch i guess .. right ??

:OT

Hey, no offence, but why do people quote full posts for a single line reply?
This really irritates people who use mobile devices to access TBhp. I had to scroll all the way to read your post on my phone. Please be considerate and avoid using dots like this ... which is of no value.
I suggest that they go through the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

P.S: Just noticed that the member was Banned after posting this reply.

Simply put, a great machine it was. Back then when it was newly introduced the competition if I remember correctly was KB 100 from bajaj, and Ind suzuki, later TVS suzuki, and in 4 stroke it was Hero Honda.
RX 100 was my first real bike (and only one as it turned out), after the equally reliable Luna which I had earlier to this.
Rx 100 was great to drive, required little if any maintenance and due to my unpredictable and busy schedule did not even get serviced as required but never let me down for 6 years, when alas its strong points (as a great bike) became its Achilles heel, got stolen never to be found again despite all efforts!
Guess it was the favorite target amongst two wheeler thieves in mid 90s!:Frustrati

Great bike jaisha8 it is beautifully maintained. It was always a dream of mine to own a Rx100 but could not find one, so had to settle for the next best thing the rx135.

Jaisha, that was neatly maintained bike. It is only passion that drives people to take outmost care of their loved RX (lost era - 2stroke).

Though you have mentioned that you are not using much, would advise to take out for run atleast during the weekend to keep her in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SriramEfunds (Post 1931434)
Though you have mentioned that you are not using much, would advise to take out for run atleast during the weekend to keep her in good condition.

That is exactly what I do with mine, am unable to use her much due to the fact that most of the time, I need to carry a lot of office documents and my laptop and also becuase I have not yet got the FC redone. My bike has covered 1.56L kms and is still going strong !