Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 21:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
:( I think ill just preserve the bike in the best possible manner I can!
By the way, that link didn't work?!?!
I know, didnt work for me either. I suggest you type it out in your browser...
Old 20th July 2009, 09:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
a carnet de passage is like a visa for transit and not for permanent residence situations. In case of a carnet as well there are restrictions like we have to sign specifically that we will be showing the vehicle for inspection at the point of exit and that the vehicle will not be sold either whole or as spares and that it wont be used for commercial activity!

Also back when i was getting some of this paperwork done, i found that my Royal Enfield motorcycle would not make it past the Turkish border into Europe because it used asbestos based stuff in the bike which was banned there. I am thinking the US will be a lot more stricter than Turkey!
Old 20th July 2009, 09:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Besides, it is just a machine at the end of the day! If I was going to live there for a bit, and in the southern states where one can ride for more than just a couple of months, I would buy a Bullet locally. Better dealer support, and better build. Also a 500 is better suited to the average speeds to be held on even the back roads there. Being more than 15% faster or slower than the traffic stream is equally hazardous, and the 350 would struggle.
Old 20th July 2009, 09:47   #19
BHPian

Thanks for helping in understanding the process guys. I think Ill move beyond and on to something else...my Bullet would have to wait for me in India :(
Any links to how should I be able to preserve it as well as possible? Thanks!
Old 20th July 2009, 10:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

From experience, by having someone you know and trust, use it regularly. Machines do not like being left in a preserved condition. I did it once for 6 months with my Yezdi a long time ago, and regretted it bitterly.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:06   #21
BHPian

I totally understand my friend. I have done it to my (my father's 76 Yezdi) and still regret it. Hence, want to play safe with the Bullet. I think using it regularly is the only best alternative.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Lol, what did you do?! Mine broke a piston ring when I restarted it, and the pieces fell into the crankcase. And the bike was just a year old, my first one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks