Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 20:59   #1

Want a bike for rent in Pune...

Team,

Can anyone please suggest where can I rent a bike in pune ?? I am going to be there for 2 days and I need a bike. Please let me know.

Regards,

Dhruv
Old 24th July 2009, 23:36   #2
BHPian

Not very sure, but you can enquire around Koregaon park area for bike rentals , since many foreigners stay there and likely rent bikes. Otherwise, there's a used bike market in Rasta Peth area , may get bikes for rent there.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Long back, I remember reading a link on .:xBhp: The Global Indian Biking Community:. about some leasing company which was a subsidiary of TVS. I remember the rentals being quite reasonable.

manson.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:50   #4
BHPian

Searched Google and got 2 responses from Yahoo Answers (quite old though). Hope they are helpful.

Quote:
"Go to Rasta Peth you will surely find many , try Rehman

Even some students of Modern College and Bharti Vidya Peeth may be handy"
Quote:
"dude i am renting one tommro u know german bakery beside that lane go in and ask any one they will guide u"
Other option can be: You can approach any garages (mechanics) or second-hand car/bike dealers... I think they can tell you where you can get them on rent.

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 29th July 2009 at 18:02. Reason: Added my suggestion
Old 15th June 2011, 16:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Want a bike for rent in Pune...

Dont know how relevant this is , but people can now rent Electric Bikes in Pune.

No bike? Go electric in Pune! - Lifestyle - DNA

However, at 1.5 rupees per minute for their "better" model, the cost would be 90 bucks an hour. Comparable to the cost of a rickshaw?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 17:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Dont know how relevant this is , but people can now rent Electric Bikes in Pune.

However, at 1.5 rupees per minute for their "better" model, the cost would be 90 bucks an hour. Comparable to the cost of a rickshaw?
Good initiative, but some observations:
- Daily rentals should be provided too; people may not be willing to pay by the minute, especially as they wont be using it every minute
- Dependent on pick up points and ease of renting/ returning the bike
- "Geo fencing" may be a limitation if people want to use the bike for some ride to the suburbs/ out of Pune city limits.
Old 15th June 2011, 17:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
- Daily rentals should be provided too; people may not be willing to pay by the minute, especially as they wont be using it every minute
I think the intention is to let them use it only from one pickup point to another. Instead of letting people have it at their disposal all the time.
When you want to commute, you need to walk over to the nearest pickup/drop point , like you would do for a bus, and then take a vehicle.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:13   #8
BHPian

I am in Pune and looking to rent a bike. I will be here for around 15 days and with odd travelling hours I am really struggling with the conveyance.
I know my way around the city so a bike would really help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Do you have any more info Sajo?

Help guys
Old 24th August 2011, 18:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
I am in Pune and looking to rent a bike. I will be here for around 15 days and with odd travelling hours I am really struggling with the conveyance.
I know my way around the city so a bike would really help.

Do you have any more info Sajo?

Help guys
When are you here and where will you be located/ commuting? You know tbhpians here have bikes too!
Old 25th August 2011, 10:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
When are you here and where will you be located/ commuting? You know tbhpians here have bikes too!
I have been here for the past 10 days. The most inconvenient route that I travel is Koregaon- Baner and usually rickshaw drivers are like and the amount the charge could put Meru to shame.
Other than that its only during late hours that I feel hard pressed for a vehicle.

And yes, I know T-Bhpians have bikes too, but it would be like taking candy off a kid
Old 25th August 2011, 10:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
I have been here for the past 10 days. The most inconvenient route that I travel is Koregaon- Baner and usually rickshaw drivers are like and the amount the charge could put Meru to shame.
Other than that its only during late hours that I feel hard pressed for a vehicle.

And yes, I know T-Bhpians have bikes too, but it would be like taking candy off a kid
yeah I know how the auto guys can be. While I can lend you a bike for a few days, I must also admit that I dont really know you. And you know how obsessive we can be with our vehicles. Perhaps we can take this offline and see how things progress.

Edit: Sent you a PM with my contact details
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 21:06   #12
BHPian

Just came across someone who has started renting out bikes in Pune. This includes new RE's as well. This is an old thread but thought someone in future might find it beneficial.

I am not sure if posting the contact would be apt, but if anyone wants to know more then do PM me to get his details.
Old 4th April 2023, 14:50   #13

Motorbikes For Rent in Pune

Hello BHPians!

Please recommend stores/websites from where I can rent a bike out for a day or 2 in Pune, also let me know about the experience if you have gone ahead with the service. Thank you!

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th April 2023 at 14:56. Reason: Please use Search and continue on an existing thread. Thanks
elampumpkin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks