Team-BHP - Should I Import a Yamaha R15 to the US?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Should I Import a Yamaha R15 to the US? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/62530-should-i-import-yamaha-r15-us.html)

So I've heard about the Yamaha R15. I've also seen pictures of the bike. I think its really good looking. And not to mention a bargain, for me at least. I say this because 1 Lakh = around or about 2500 dollars. The thing is however, I live in the US and if I would like to import the bike would it cost more than the bike itself? Also Would it be able to be loaded as cargo on the airplane ride home? Or would I have to go with a private company that import's bikes. Also if you know of any company that imports bikes in Delhi, or Punjab that would be great.

Also if I don't end up importing the R15, I would like your opinion on which bike I should get. It's between the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Supersport.

ok first let me get this straight..

your in america, the place where we would all want to be when it comes to cars and bikes and your thinking of importing a yamaha R15.I must say thats GENIUS written all over you right there.

its a measely 150cc COMMUTER and for 2500 dollars.spend about 5000 ish and you ll easily be able to find a 1000cc SUPERBIKE.
and secondly if you dont get the 150 cc your straight going to get a 1000cc.wow...!!

rev

Lilpaji, I really hope you're joking about the R15.
Your alternatives to the R15 are 'Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Supersport'. :confused:

Buy the Ninja 250 eyes closed man. You'll cry riding the R15.

Man, you serious about this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fieroid (Post 1405200)
Buy the Ninja 250 eyes closed man. You'll cry riding the R15.

+ 1 to fieroid. Paji, I don't think it's a great idea to even think of getting on the expressways with the R15 , that's if you decide to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpaji (Post 1405057)
So I've heard about the Yamaha R15. I've also seen pictures of the bike. I think its really good looking. And not to mention a bargain, for me at least. I say this because 1 Lakh = around or about 2500 dollars. The thing is however, I live in the US and if I would like to import the bike would it cost more than the bike itself? Also Would it be able to be loaded as cargo on the airplane ride home? Or would I have to go with a private company that import's bikes. Also if you know of any company that imports bikes in Delhi, or Punjab that would be great.

Also if I don't end up importing the R15, I would like your opinion on which bike I should get. It's between the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Supersport.

Dude, you've jumped from a 150cc to a 1400cc monster :Shockked: you are new to this forum, so wont say much, other than is something wrong up there??? You'll get awesome bikes there, even in the budget of a R15 lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech (Post 1405176)
ok first let me get this straight..

your in america, the place where we would all want to be when it comes to cars and bikes and your thinking of importing a yamaha R15.I must say thats GENIUS written all over you right there.

rev

hahahaha, I had the same reaction.

Dude, in America, everything is cheap. Go get yourself a spanking clean N250 for $2500.

If your valiant attempt succeeds you surely will be in the "Ripleys Believe it or Not"

If they get a whiff of your idea, i am also sure the American Government will want to export you back Home, By the way if that happens be sure to drive your bike into the cargo hold of the aircraft it will save your ticket money.

Sorry for being a bit too harsh, but mate i seriously hope you are not serious. BTW I hope these replies will save you your hard earned money.

Rename this thread to "The Official Joke Thread II" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpaji (Post 1405057)

I thought I was the only enthusiast on this forum with least knowledge about bikes.. I now know I am not....lol: coz I know the difference between Yamaha R1 and R15.

R1:I think 1000cc with about 180ps
R15: 150cc with 17ps

I recon what 0-100 figures be when u compare these bikes..

[quote=lilpaji;1405057]
Quote:

I don't end up importing the R15, I would like your opinion on which bike I should get.It's between the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki Hayabusa, or the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Supersport.
The thing about the R15, its a Joke right ?

Yamaha YZF-R1 anyday :D

Buddy, like everyone else has mentioned, there's really no reason for you to import a bike such as the R15.
If you aren't confident of riding a very powerful bike, there are tonnes of bikes available in the 400-750cc range that are just right for beginners.

How can you even think of an R15 and not a Ninja 250? :eek:

Lilpaji, why would you want a 150cc 17ps bike in the US when you could get something much better, without having to go through the hassle of importing them?