Team-BHP - RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/71070-re-classic-350-initial-ownership-54.html)

Hey!

Congrats on the T-Bird! Its a great machine, and I am sure you will have a great ownership experience.
The temporary number isn't the RTO number, it is just an internal circulation number for the dealer.
Looking forward to the ownership report. :)
We can catch up for a nice early morning drive sometime soon. Let me know if it suits you. :)

@EssYouWe
The portion i found signs of rust was around a screw which fixes a shield on top of the silencer. I thought it was something related to catalytic converter. stupid:
I have marked the portion where i noticed rust. See the image below

@stnair I am not sure, But i think there are no modifications on the hanldebar because the classic 350 i got for test drive was a 2010 model.
Regarding the Paint quality i think the quality of paint job is not up to the mark.

Congratulations, the bike looks great.

The new CL500 now comes with two horns. Can you let us know if thats the case with your Cl350 or if there are any provisions for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rust_in_peace (Post 2367703)
@EssYouWe
The portion i found signs of rust was around a screw which fixes a shield on top of the silencer. I thought it was something related to catalytic converter. stupid:
I have marked the portion where i noticed rust. See the image below

Those bolts on heat shield of silencers on newer Bulls have rust marks on most of the Classics/Bullets around. This is a consequence of the bike being washed everyday by local watchman/washing boys who do not clean the water accumulated in those small bolts dry. Also one more place prone to getting affected due to this action is the headlight casquette (RHS). It happens because the handle-bar is locked and these guys do not clean the area highlighted below which leads to a faded/spoiled paint surface.

^ +1 to what Gaurav says.

It helps wiping the bike dry after the wash, and avoiding pressure wash altogether.

Also, do take care not to splatter the fuel tank cap with water as it has a tendency to leak and you don't want water mixing in your petrol.

Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2367381)
Hey!

Congrats on the T-Bird! Its a great machine, and I am sure you will have a great ownership experience.
The temporary number isn't the RTO number, it is just an internal circulation number for the dealer.
Looking forward to the ownership report. :)
We can catch up for a nice early morning drive sometime soon. Let me know if it suits you. :)

Thanks Bro , My Ownership report is still under the MODS scanner and am desperately waiting for it to go public so that i can discuss/know more about my mean machine as i was not able to find more than 1 or 2 threads on TBTS here.

I've PM'ed you my Number & Location..I'm up for a meet any morning which we can co-ordinate over phone/SMS. What about an hour from now i.e 6:00 am:D

First, avid bullet fan! I've seen the respect the Bulleteers get on roads and I fell in love with the thump long back. :)

I have been reading & following this thread for almost two weeks now. And all I have to say is wow!

I booked a Black Classic 350 on May 16 at Velavan Motors in Arcot Road, Chennai. I've been promised delivery within four months. They (the dealers) say they maintain the lowest delivery waiting period in all of Chennai. The brand showroom in Adyar asked me to wait for 10 months! So I booked it @ Velavan Motors.

Now this thread has been invaluable to me for the following reasons:

1. I know what to expect from my bull now. Though I knew before reading this thread that Bulls were not to be ridden like Jap bikes, I wasn't really sure about how to run it in, maintain it etc., 54 pages later, solved!

2. This is perhaps the only thread in the world wide web that has personal ownership reviews of the C350. Many threads exist for the C500. But this is the only one I know for C350.

3. The thread doesn't just stop with initial ownership reviews though. There's some stuff about modding the air filter, the seats, the headlights, the horns, the exhausts etc., which would certainly come in handy to a long time fan but first time bullet owner like me.

I would personally like to thank EssYouWee, stnair and mantrig for their contribution to this thread. I hope to share my review in this thread once I am on top of the world (read own the c350). :D

Also, I believe productive conversations made in this thread will go a long way into the future and make the owning experience amazing!

Sin Cera,
Bhargav Prasanna

nothing new here?

anyways i'm out of action (as in out of country). the bike is being religiously started everyday by my father (could not trust my bro with this one, could I? :D ). would be quite a while before i get to ride it again :'(

at least this thread will help in filling the void to some extend. had somehow managed to cross 10K before leaving india. really missing the bike.

Hi,

I am now in Lucknow and the Bull is in Delhi. Hope to have it couriered here soon, have absolutely no time to ride it here.

Miss the ride a lot, and now that my back is slightly better, I can't wait to explore the UP hinterland!

How about the rest of you guys?

@Vinjosep: Don't need to start it everyday mate! A slightly long-ish (5+ kms) would be very good for it!

@EssYouWe - thanks, good suggestion.

But i'm paranoid about letting someone else rid it :D . i have my heart in my mouth when i gave it for service (was there at the A.S.S the whole time, every time ). the small niggles and the stories which goes around are not helping either. So did i baby the bike the whole time? not really either.

**sigh** this is one thing i hate about out-station assignments, leaving your stable at home. since its summer there are lots of HDs on the road. not making life any less miserable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhargavsp (Post 2369101)
I would personally like to thank EssYouWee, stnair and mantrig for their contribution to this thread. I hope to share my review in this thread once I am on top of the world (read own the c350). :D

Also, I believe productive conversations made in this thread will go a long way into the future and make the owning experience amazing!

Sin Cera,
Bhargav Prasanna

Thanks Bhargav, for your kind words.

I am sure you will have more sleepless nights as the delivery date gets closer. These long waiting periods are really crazy and they nurture so many dreams & doubts in your head while you keep reading about other people praising and whining about their rides.

But believe me, its every worth bit the wait. And you once get the bike, you forget everything else around you and just want to keep enjoying the ride.

Also, one more thread you should follow is the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ip-review.html which shall enlighten you enough to start your own small workshop at home.

Eventually, you are gonna own a ride which is known to convert Men into Mechanics. :D

All the best again, with the waiting period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2420256)
Hi,

I am now in Lucknow and the Bull is in Delhi. Hope to have it couriered here soon, have absolutely no time to ride it here.

How about the rest of you guys?

Weren't you supposed to visit Pune? I am still waiting to hear back from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinjosep (Post 2421253)
@EssYouWe - thanks, good suggestion.

But i'm paranoid about letting someone else rid it :D . i have my heart in my mouth when i gave it for service (was there at the A.S.S the whole time, every time ). the small niggles and the stories which goes around are not helping either. So did i baby the bike the whole time? not really either.

**sigh** this is one thing i hate about out-station assignments, leaving your stable at home. since its summer there are lots of HDs on the road. not making life any less miserable.

Vinjosep - I think most of us in here are the same. We treat our bulls (I miss my CL350) like our women and are so obsessed with them. But then she (read: Bull) returns all the affection we shower by riding like a breeze, though she has her own mood swings too.

And yes, I think your brother's prayers got answered that you are on an out-station assignment so he can ride around. I wouldn't be surprised if he is already sneaking out in the middle of the night to take her out for a spin. I would do that if I were in his place. :p

mantrig - he hasn't yet. and neither would you if you were in his place. especially considering how i would react if i found out :D. not worth the trouble, i assure you.

the last time he rode my bike, he ended up buying it

(ok, slight exaggeration there. he drove it for 32K km out of the total 38K km at that time. in all fairness to him, he liked the bike and hence offered to buy it out rather than get a new/ used one for himself. worked for me too -> got my CL)

@Gaurav

Sorry mate, got just too busy with stuff and now I have, in all probability, no chance of going anywhere for the next two years.

A friend of mine here owns the C5, riding it a few days back just made me miss my bull a lot more.

@Vinjosep
Mate, what oil are you running nowadays? You crossed 10k right? Did the fork oil need to be replaced yet?

@San
Where you at man? Hows the bull doing?

Hey guys, it was raining heavily yesterday and i think the bike got overflowed because i kicked a lot and still it didn't start. So i left the bike in office and left for home. Today when i came to office i tried starting it again but it seems it is getting the spark but not getting started. Please tell me how to solve this overflow issue?

@EssYouWe: Yes, crossed 10k before we parted. Its still on the normal engine oil from the RE service centre. i had plans to move to synthetic (had even bought them). But was pushed into a forced exile and hence at the moment out of the country. Nope, did not replace the fork oil. As per the service manual i think it was just top-up, if necessary, at the 9K service.

@ricky: sure its an overflow and not a case of reserve? i was once in a similar situation. turned out that the fuel had run out and i was still trying with the main tap on :D a switch to the reserve solved the probs in an instant. I never had an overflow issue so far.