Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 07:07   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfields

In recent years Royal Enfileds have made a big impact in the UK classic scene. In the 50/60's the RE's flagship was the Interceptor and the Constellation both were 700cc twins and were sought after by the Cafe Racer brigade. Since RE are well established in the European markets is there any talk of a re-introduction of the 700cc twins

Mickey D masterblader
Old 15th January 2010, 09:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterblader View Post
In recent years Royal Enfileds have made a big impact in the UK classic scene. In the 50/60's the RE's flagship was the Interceptor and the Constellation both were 700cc twins and were sought after by the Cafe Racer brigade. Since RE are well established in the European markets is there any talk of a re-introduction of the 700cc twins

Mickey D masterblader
There has been definite talk about it at the factory but Siddharth Lal, the CEO of Eicher Limited has categorically denied any such plans of a twin in the near future. RE might do a twin in the future, but nothing in the next three years. For now, the thrust will be firmly on the UCE and making the engine more even more robust.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 15th January 2010, 16:27   #3
BHPian

In the late 60's RE closed it's factory in Redditch all the blue prints, rigs/jigs and castings were sold the purchase at that time seemed to focus only on the Bullet with no mention of the bigger twins. It would be a shame to see those models confined to history as there seems to be an increased demand for classic bikes where bikers are now investing rather than the stock market. Having ridden the "Connie" it was quicker than most but had the most dreadful brakes.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:51   #4
BHPian

Hello Foks,

Dont know if i am putting this in the correct place but does any one know here of a place in North India where they refurb Royal enfields and export them out of the country.

Thanks
Old 16th January 2010, 11:05   #5
BHPian

I dont think the place is in North India. I think dealers in the UK buy the units a semi-assembled machines which undergo final assembly in the UK/US.

The ones i saw in the US had pirelli tubeless tyres and stuff that u dont see in indian models. atleast in 2004!
Old 16th January 2010, 12:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Hello Foks,

Dont know if i am putting this in the correct place but does any one know here of a place in North India where they refurb Royal enfields and export them out of the country.

Thanks
Yes..

redirect

Chris is as reliable as they come. He handles everything for you.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:22   #7
BHPian

I was refrering to guy who imports 30 year old Bullets here in to the UK under the name of HP price. I was wondering if was buying the bikes from Chris itself ??

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks