Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 18:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
There is a pipes replacement for Rs.3000/- at the showroom itself. Supposed to give the authentic beat. Voids your warranty though.
It doesn't give it the authentic beat, but a completely different beat. Something like a wet beat when compared to the dry beating of the std.

WRT the warranty - are you sure it voids the warranty? When i asked the RE guys in Chennai, they said it doesn't void warranty.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Stuck on a ghat at 3 am with a broken connecting rod - thump and riding height are the last of your worries.
Well said, Spitfire. I can understand the sentiments that all of us Bullet lovers have for the CI 350 - especially its thump, torque and overall feeling of "machoness". But I really think that above all this, RE has finally taken a step in the right direction with the introduction of UCE and even the FI on the 500 CL. RE bikes will start becoming more easier to maintain and be more reliable on long rides. I'd rather have a trouble-free, lovely ride than a sentimental ride when touring 1000 kms!
Old 25th January 2010, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
There is a pipes replacement for Rs.3000/- at the showroom itself. Supposed to give the authentic beat. Voids your warranty though.
Doesn't make it sound like the standard, nor does it void your warranty. It's just not approved by the RTO (in Chennai at least) and hence it is not road legal.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well said, Spitfire. I can understand the sentiments that all of us Bullet lovers have for the CI 350 - especially its thump, torque and overall feeling of "machoness". But I really think that above all this, RE has finally taken a step in the right direction with the introduction of UCE and even the FI on the 500 CL. RE bikes will start becoming more easier to maintain and be more reliable on long rides. I'd rather have a trouble-free, lovely ride than a sentimental ride when touring 1000 kms!
True, but I still wonder why can't the RE R&D make engines without the AVL/UCE clatter?? That would be best of both worlds..
Old 27th January 2010, 13:55   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I'd rather have a trouble-free, lovely ride than a sentimental ride when touring 1000 kms!
Thats what the bike is good for and if it can give the much required reliability you have the right bike to go touring.

I loved the CI 350 too, my only gripe was no one bothered bettering the quality of its parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
True, but I still wonder why can't the RE R&D make engines without the AVL/UCE clatter?? That would be best of both worlds..
Its due to the alloys used. Is it so much of a bother on the CL500? I was not too troubled by it.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:27   #21
BHPian

Amen

Just got back from RM with two classics for company, am an AVL owner for the last 10 years and am super super impressed with the CL500, this is THE next buy from my side.

Also got to ride a little worked on CL500, man, this was a revelation, this bike has phenomenal potential to say the least.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:45   #22
BHPian

Guys,

I had a chance to take a long TD of the CL500(which I decided to take after reading all the replied). I am very much impressed by this bike now I felt its far more superior than any of the current bikes in market and will be another feather in the cap of RE. This TD changed the impression I had on this bike.

But this TD has also put me in a lot of confusion. My mind says go for CL500 but heart says go for standard 350. The urge I had to own this from long time is not giving up. So I decided to go for Standard. Have booked this bike in Kerala and its due for next month.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I must have been foolish to rate CL500 after just few mins of TD.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:02   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhishek View Post
So I decided to go for Standard.

You dont lose any of the so called Bullet Thing if you buy the Classic. Anyways your money, your decision. Ride Safe.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

You dont lose any of the so called Bullet Thing if you buy the Classic. Anyways your money, your decision. Ride Safe.
To each his own.

Abhishek, welcome to the clan boy or rather Man .

Even though I would love to own a CL500 at some stage, and have nothing against it. But I guess I have said this earlier,

...there are a million bikes that make sense to buy and are a better buy, but hopeless romantics romanticize STD350 only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks