Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 14:58   #1
BHPian

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115

Hi All,

I've been looking for a fuel tank for my Caliber 115 without much luck.
The local Bajaj spare parts shop, say they can source it for about 2800 if I can provide a deposit. But they do not want to commit a timeline for delivery. They say that since the bike is out of production, getting a part can consume as much as 6 months!!!

I am looking for a Star Blue colored one with the Kawasaki logo, but can settle for the Bajaj logo if that is the last option.

Any pointers, guys?
Old 10th February 2010, 21:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Best bet is to trust the Service center you had visited.
However, if possible, try sourcing the part from Pune. We did the same for my sister's Kristal when they took more than 15 days to get fuel pump.

If you have any contacts or friends in Pune, ask them to inquire about the same. Its best if they buy from there and then send it to you. At almost all places, the time it takes for parts to reach destination is very high and atleast makes me feel that something is fishy. The quality just might not be there.

Try this option and if nothing works out, trust the existing service center you have visited, but dont forget to take receipt for Rs. 2800.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Hi All,

I've been looking for a fuel tank for my Caliber 115 without much luck.
The local Bajaj spare parts shop, say they can source it for about 2800 if I can provide a deposit. But they do not want to commit a timeline for delivery. They say that since the bike is out of production, getting a part can consume as much as 6 months!!!

I am looking for a Star Blue colored one with the Kawasaki logo, but can settle for the Bajaj logo if that is the last option.

Any pointers, guys?
Hello ,

i too have a caliber 115 (black) and had the same issue with the spares
my fuel tank leaked and spoiled the side panels as well due to which both became unusable, i tried to search far and wide for a spare fuel tank and side panels but it was futile, i visited 3 bajaj service centers in pune and mumbai and got the same reply , the production has stopped and spares are not stocked by the service center guys,,,lastly i had to vist nana peth in pune and check a local make of the tank and side panels,didnt have any other option hence had to buy it .

In 6 months the side panels have lost their paint and but the tank is still holding on , quality seems ok for now but not sure how long can it survive,,best bet is to check either in pune @ nana peth or in mumbai @ grant road and see if you can get pares made by a local vendor.

Hope this info helps.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:22   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the replies, guys. Jimmy, I did not quite understand the 'local make' of the tank. Does something like this exist for fuel tanks? And how much did you buy it for?
Old 11th February 2010, 14:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, guys. Jimmy, I did not quite understand the 'local make' of the tank. Does something like this exist for fuel tanks? And how much did you buy it for?
what i ment by Local market was that apart from bajaj there are local manufacturers / vendors who make spare parts for older bikes...

Most of these manufacturers are based out of delhi.

will update you tomorrow on name of the manufacturer tomorrow....
Old 11th February 2010, 15:14   #6
BANNED

Try the tank of the Platina or CT 100. I think it is the same.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Nope. The tank is different even for Caliber and Caliber 115.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Quote:
Nope. The tank is different even for Caliber and Caliber 115.
It is true that the fuel tanks used in the Caliber and Caliber 115 are entirely different. However the fact is the Platina and CT 100 tanks do look similar to the Claiber 115 tank, if not exactly the same. So it may be worth a check if those are indeed available.

By the way, what happened to the age-old chor bazaar route? Visit the local flea market in your area, talk to the scrap dealers and even your trusted road-side mechanic (if you know one). You may be surprised with the results. This is how India has traditionally procured the hard-to-get parts since ages. The local roadside mech will get another Caliber's tank for you and then paint it and put on the decals etc to make it look like a new part. Give this route a try.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

@Zappo - The Platina & CT 100 tanks are similar to that of Wind 125 & not Caliber.
Old 15th February 2010, 20:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
It is true that the fuel tanks used in the Caliber and Caliber 115 are entirely different. However the fact is the Platina and CT 100 tanks do look similar to the Claiber 115 tank, if not exactly the same. So it may be worth a check if those are indeed available.

By the way, what happened to the age-old chor bazaar route? Visit the local flea market in your area, talk to the scrap dealers and even your trusted road-side mechanic (if you know one). You may be surprised with the results. This is how India has traditionally procured the hard-to-get parts since ages. The local roadside mech will get another Caliber's tank for you and then paint it and put on the decals etc to make it look like a new part. Give this route a try.
Have tried the chor bazaar route with no success. 2 of my mechs have searched since last >1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@Zappo - The Platina & CT 100 tanks are similar to that of Wind 125 & not Caliber.
Platina is similar to Wind, and CT 100 is similar to Boxer. Unfortunately, Caliber 115 does not have such a twin.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are right the CT 100 was nothing but an upgraded Boxer.

Yeah they didnt use the Caiber body elsewhere.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:12   #12
BHPian

Jimmy_u: Can you please update me with the price and manufacturer? Is it just the tank or a full kit with lid, fuel sensor etc.? I have friends travelling weekly to Pune, and they can pick up stuff.

It would be great if you can upload some pics as well.
Old 18th February 2010, 07:39   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Jimmy_u: Can you please update me with the price and manufacturer? Is it just the tank or a full kit with lid, fuel sensor etc.? I have friends travelling weekly to Pune, and they can pick up stuff.

It would be great if you can upload some pics as well.
Hi abdriver2000,

my apologies , have been travelling a bit.

I will update you by the weekend and the snaps / price / shop name (if i have his card).

It was just the tank that i bought , the fuel lid and all the other works need to be carried over from your old tank.

The paint quality is decent to say the least , i will let the pics do the talking.

Regards.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:08   #14
BHPian

Jimmy_u: Eagerly awaiting updates from you
Old 4th March 2010, 07:21   #15
BHPian

Hi There,

i have uploaded the pics for your reference.

Following are my Observations :

1.Tank is of good quality
2.without regular polish the color of the tank would fade as you would see on the top side of the tank.
3.Tank sticker says "suitable for Kawasaki"
4.side panels are of poor quality as evident for the pictures.
5.Need to check tank and panels inside out before taking delivery.

The shop name i will let you know in a day or two.

Regards,
Jimmy.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03112.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03113.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03114.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03115.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03116.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03117.jpg  

Fuel Tank for Caliber 115-dsc03118.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com