Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 14:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the GS150R

Please keep us posted on the ownership experience
Old 27th April 2010, 11:16   #17
BHPian

The bike odo reads 555 kms as of now. Bike needs the choke to be on during cold starts, and no other issues so far, i feel the bike is breezing through the traffic, and gearshifts have become a bit smoother also. Bike is due for the first service in another 200 kms. I will be able to post some updates then.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:45   #18
BHPian

03rd May 2010 19:00

Bike Odo reads 760 kms, its time for the first free service. I plan to start at 7' o clock tomorrow morning and reach the showroom by 9. Called up the showroom person and made a deal with him that i would come as the first person in the morning, and i will wait till the service gets over. He agrees since i am coming from long distance (65 kms).

04th May 2010 07:50

I wake up late, but still decide to go ahead and go for the service. I get ready and leave at 8:30. According to the manual till 800 kms one sould keep the rpm limit below 5000 and till 1600 kms rpm should be kept below 7500. So my eyes were constantly looking at the odo for the completion of 800kms where i can reach the fastest so far in this bike.

04th May 2010 08:50

Bike odo reads 800 and i give full throttle. Bike just gives a humm sound and the speed increases, i feel as if i am flying, the odo reads 101 and the rpm has not gone above 7500. The bike is in power mode now. I changed it to Power from Eco once it crossed 800. I am very happy and satisfied with the bike as i feel no vibrations at that speed.

04th May 2010 09:40

Reached the showroom only to find out that there was some problem with the water wash pump, some tube had blown off and they told that it might take more time. I was not ready for this, hence i asked them to carry on with the other stuff except the water wash. I opened the fuel tank and showed a bit of rust near the mouth, they told that they will clear it. Mine is an April Gs150R. They cleared it with an Oil and told that rust will not happen again, i will wait till next service and check if the rust is still there i might ask for a replacement. As aargee suggested i took the oil in a can and checked for any particles, since i had driven very lightly the oil color had also not changed much and there were no particles.

04th May 2010 10:45

I have to wait till afternoon for the waterwash and polish. I decide to leave. They clean the bike and hand over the key to me. I reach the petrol bunk and ask the person to fill the tank, so that i could check the mileage. I am planning to check the FE on a tankfill-tankfill basis. The FE was 54.5. Not bad at all, i am happy.

04th May 2010 12:15

The ride after the service is very smooth and i decide to rip the bike on the way home in GST road, it responded very gladly. I am very glad with my decision to buy this bike as it never let me feel tired, the fact that after almost 150kms of driving i am able to work in my office and type this as well, says it all.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:07   #19
BHPian

Its great bike to own, and i kinda like the attention it gets when am in Traffic signals
Old 26th July 2010, 08:25   #20
BHPian

It was time for the second service for my GS hence i decided to take it to the showroom. Since i stay away from city i planned to travel to velachery and stay at my friend s place as the bike service station is in velachery.

30-06-2010

I leave home around 6pm and start enjoying the ride, not the bike has settled down and i love the paper/feather ruffling engine sound exhibited by this machine.I plan to do some shopping at egmore and then go back to my friends place. Took a small break at saidapet and when i saw my bike glistening in the night time my face had a wide grin. Look at this , its a cam picture with poor quality but it really looked better than this.

Owned - Suzuki GS150R-beforeserviceevening.jpg

I spotted around 5 GS bikes which was a refreshing change. I usually never spot any. Then i retired for the day

01-07-2010

Salary day!!!

I wake up with dreams as its salary day and i have just been given a raise. Time to go to the showroom for service, booked with the service center person, 2 days in advance since i had to wait during the service, as i cant leave it for service for a day and come back later as its too far from my place. SMK Suzuki, the dealer in velachery is very understanding. I reached the showroom at 9:45 Am.

My RC Book and Insurance was finally ready and i am in for a surprise. In the RC book, in the color column, its mentioned as orange, mine is a black, i notify them and they say that they will get it changed. I take a xerox and give it back to them.

My only issue was with high beam adjustment as it was pointing towards the sky, and gearshifts being harder. Both were rectified and bike looking like a glistening beauty after the service. Camera pictures does not do any justice.

Just after service.

Owned - Suzuki GS150R-51300493.jpg

Tried a nice shot but camera was not upto it.

Owned - Suzuki GS150R-aftservice.jpg

Had a nice and smooth ride back home, covered 55kms in less than an hour.
Old 8th December 2010, 12:26   #21
BHPian

Re: Owned - Suzuki GS150R

Since i might be going to onsite i am forced to sell this beauty, here is the link to the classifieds.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/2231/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks