Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler : Test Drive Report!

The story goes like this:
My cousin is planning to get himself a Unicorn. He's okay with both CB Unicorn and CB Unicorn Dazzler. So I went to Honda showroom near my house, to check out the availability(He needs the bike urgently).Unicorn has a waiting period of 15-20 days, while the dazzler is due to get launched on 3rd and it's readily available. I thought that bike will be available by 3rd to check it out. Meanwhile, I was waiting to get the quotation, I checked out the bike which took the centre position of showroom. The bike had a small digital console and a different tail-lamp considering the Twister. And then I thought, ' OMG it's not the Twister, it's the Dazzler' ! The point is, amongst the sea of Twister's, you can easily miss a Dazzler ( and I'm not exaggerating). With similar paint schemes and design philosophy, the Dazzler looks like a grown up Twister ( and that's not a bad thing) !
The bike looks fresh considering nearly half a decade old Unicorn design. The overall fit and finish is really good. The headlamp is a l'il curved as compared to the sharp Twister. The bikini fairing is almost similar to that of the smaller sibling. The intigrated tank shrouds are well fitted, and the tank shrunk in size. The rear is simplistic, but here is the catch, the bike looks best when viewed from the rear(Exactly rear or rear 3 quarters). Fat rear tire,coupled with the slim fenders and a simplistic tail-lamp design makes bike look good.The overall design is compact and well finished!
Luckily, a test drive was available! Fire the engine and you are completely at home! The idle is typical Honda, and a new guy can almost crank the running engine, thinking that the engine is not running! The riding position again makes you feel home! It's upright and comfortable. The engine is smooth so is the shift quality, that's all I can say as I was in no mood to rev hard a brand new bike! One noticable change, the braking has improved a bit, courtesy discs at both ends.
My appreciation for Honda's ride quality has grown considerably in last couple of weeks. I've been to Pune a week by, and my companion(along with my friend) there was a Honda Unicorn. I was amazed to see the ride quality (2 up) over bad patches. And I think same will be the selling point for Dazzler! In all CB Unicorn Dazzler has evolved as a package.

At last, prices : 70,432/- On-road, Nagpur.
Roughly costs 4 Grands more than the CB Unicorn.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:01   #2
BHPian

It would be great to see some pics mate!! especially from the angles you mentioned.
cheers!!
Old 4th June 2010, 16:08   #3
BHPian

pls post some pics
I had been to the showroom to check out the bike
and the guys there were telling me that they will only be able to arrange for a test drive on the 16 jun
whereas if I wanted to purchase the bike I could do so now itself
strange........ strange indeed
I had this experience in Palakkad and Bharuch
Old 4th June 2010, 16:24   #4
BHPian

Full review and pics

Pls check below link for review and pics --

Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Launched - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 4th June 2010, 19:54   #5
BHPian

Test drove one today, all good and smooth, however feels very small, I got to mention here, that after riding the Activa for so long, don't find bikes as convenent as an Active, feel like buying one more Active.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Took a very short test drive.

The initial pick up is good. It goes to 60 fast and loses steam after that. A typical commuter.

The handling and flickability seems to be good.

The bike is small for my height (6' 2"). The foot rest was positioned inward which along with the low seat height made it very uncomfortable.

The knee recess seemed to be just find for my height.

Ride could not be tested as the roads were very good.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:18   #7
BHPian

Dazzler beats the LORD

Dazzler beats the FZ in power. Checkout the UTV comparo below.

BloombergUTV: Video Player

0-60

Dazzler: 5.19 sec
FZ-S : 5.59 sec

0-100

Dazzler: 17.73 sec
FZ-S : 22.09 sec

In handling department, FZ-S is still marginally ahead of Dazzler. FZ beats Dazzler in style department too.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 10th June 2010 at 01:20.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:08   #8
BHPian

even though honda's products are top class
they lack the x factor
they still have not made a product ( In India) for which we might go crazy
maybe they are compensating with making us wait for delivery of their vehicles till we go crazy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks