Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2010, 08:01   #1
BHPian

Coming in...Red TBTS

Hi Folks,

I have booked TBTS last month. And a long wait is killing me.

Hopefully I should get it in a week. Thanks Abhay for answering my queries and Randhawa and EssYouWe for your posts. I needed some pointers for
1. What are the checks / PDI to be done
2. Where can I get good riding gear - jacket in particular. Got a few tips already for helmet.

This thread would be updated regularly and thinking of this to make my ownership review thread as well -- provided I get my dream machine soon...Why such a long wait
Old 17th July 2010, 13:10   #3
BHPian

Congrats !

I've booked by Black TBTS in Bangalore in the month of June and have been told that the waiting period would be atleast 3-4 months !
Do let us know once your bike arrrives.
Old 17th July 2010, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I have booked TBTS last month

hi advaitlele
congrats!!

check following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-upgrades.html

waiting for some pictures.(when you get bike)
do share why do you booked TBTS (history ) & your booking experience.
Old 17th July 2010, 22:12   #5
BHPian

oh you lucky dude!! im getting the same ride as yours and booked it just about the same time aswell.. only mine will take about 2 more months to arrive!! have fun with her!!

P.S: if a weeks wait is killing you, how do you describe my condition!!
Old 19th July 2010, 13:07   #6
BHPian

Congrats on booking a TBTS. Double Congrats on getting it in 5 weeks time.
You are lucky. I booked my black TBTS in May, expected by end of August. What wonders did you do to get it in 5 week's time?

I always felt half face helmets look good with Bulls. Which helmet do you have in mind?.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
You are lucky. I booked my black TBTS in May, expected by end of August. What wonders did you do to get it in 5 week's time?

I always felt half face helmets look good with Bulls. Which helmet do you have in mind?.
If you can afford two helmets then go for one open and one full. While touring, nothing gives you better protection from the elements (wind, rain, sun, etc.) and your chin. And I am sure you will agree a mouthful of spew from a road transport bus on your mouth is not very COOL
Old 19th July 2010, 16:00   #8
BHPian

congrats advait!! I expect advait JR is very happy about this too

^full-face helmet is definitely the best in rain/windy conditions and especially for people who wear glasses (advait does too I think)

5 weeks, 3 months waiting etc...reading that I guess I was lucky to get it when there wasn't this much rush, infact I could choose from the 3 colours - all on display (and could have taken delivery same day if I had mounds of cash lying around rather than paying by cheque!)

Almost a year on, has been fun riding it and I wish you the same.. so when can we expect to see you riding it? next Pune meet?
Old 19th July 2010, 19:19   #9
BHPian

Thank you Bradhey for throwing light (using mud example ). I have never worn a helmet ( I never rode a bike for the past 13 yrs). And back those days when I rode a bike there were several reasons for lack of helmet usage. Call it unavailability of fancy ones, lack of rules, not considered cool; very many.

And now when I decided to buy a bike after 13 years of four wheeling, I was quick at my decision to buy the one that gives me breathing space (wierd??). It is something to do with the thinking. I feel Claustrophobic in a Fullface. I will give some serious thought about Fullface or even both (most likely).
Old 20th July 2010, 09:50   #10
BHPian

wow!!! reading about waiting times for TBTS makes me kind of proud and I feel somewhat lucky.
bought my TBTS (Black) in sept 09 and have been riding since.

Fantastic bike no major issues till date. got it in 7 days dot after booking here in Thane.
Today after 12k kms i feel it was the best decision to go in for the bird.

Right now it is under hibernation due to monsoons and wakes up only on sundays for a 20-30kms ride.

Congratulations and all the best for your new TBTS!!!

Last edited by schitre05 : 20th July 2010 at 09:51.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:19   #11
BHPian

@Abhay - yes, I wear spects and I agree with what you say. Jr Advait all geared up to ride the TBTS and go to Mapro garden on long ride.

@Bradhey - that was a good (or not so good ) example. I agree with you, full face helmet would be better for me.

@jeepster - oh yes, story will unfold soon - may be a couple of weeks more - keeping fingures crossed.

Some news guys ! spoke with dealer just now and there is more waiting for me he said it would be only by month end or aug 1st week. This is terrible. On the positive note, I wont have to ride it on craters that are created on the Hinjewadi road.

Coming back to helmets, checked it at Champion Sports but they didnt have much in stock in both full and half face helmets. Also any shop which has good stock for kids helmet? I searched in Deccan and Tilak road but could not find any. My son is just over 4 and would ride bike more than sit in car after it comes in. And I cant ride with him unless I find good helmet for him as well. Thanks for your inputs in advance.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

I have booked TBTS last month. And a long wait is killing me.

Hopefully I should get it in a week. Thanks Abhay for answering my queries and Randhawa and EssYouWe for your posts. I needed some pointers for
2. Where can I get good riding gear - jacket in particular. Got a few tips already for helmet.

This thread would be updated regularly and thinking of this to make my ownership review thread as well -- provided I get my dream machine soon...Why such a long wait

Congrats on TBTS buy !! Even I am sailing in the same boat and waiting for a long time to get it delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post

Hah, you think your wait is long. I booked my C5 in January and it still hasn't arrived!
Cl500 waiting is too long i had it in my mind but IMO waiting for 9 months after you decide to buy it. Oops !! thats too long and i cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Congrats !

I've booked by Black TBTS in Bangalore in the month of June and have been told that the waiting period would be atleast 3-4 months !
Do let us know once your bike arrrives.
For me also dealer said the same. Production seems to be very slow from REML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
oh you lucky dude!! im getting the same ride as yours and booked it just about the same time aswell.. only mine will take about 2 more months to arrive!! have fun with her!!

P.S: if a weeks wait is killing you, how do you describe my condition!!
@ Bivin RE made to wait everyone. I see a sudden demand for Bullets nowadays in all cities. Is that something the car drivers hate city drive because of traffic and also a reason to buy their dream bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
If you can afford two helmets then go for one open and one full. While touring, nothing gives you better protection from the elements (wind, rain, sun, etc.) and your chin. And I am sure you will agree a mouthful of spew from a road transport bus on your mouth is not very COOL
Bradhey : This sounds an idea which fulfill both your look and safety. I already bought one Rider Helmet for Rs.990 @ Rainbow chennai. Now i will look for a half helmet too. Thanks for the tip. (i never thought so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post

Car&me - you said it right. I also feel the same that half face suits well for macho machine.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Waiting period in Pune ?

Congrats Advait on booking your TBTS. May I ask which dealer in Pune have you booked it from ?
Lately I have been day dreaming a lot about the UCE Electra and hope to get one some day. My problem is that my folks wont allow me to get one until I let go of my 2005 Pulsar, which I dont want to do as I love it to bits..!
Is the waiting period for the Electra the same as TBTS ?
Why is the sudden huge waiting for these bikes when only a few months ago they were available pretty much off the shelf ?
Old 29th July 2010, 16:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where can I get good riding gear - jacket in particular. Got a few tips already for helmet.
First off, congrats on the bull.

I would suggest DSG over cramster anyday. The quality of DSG in terms of stitching, velcro strips, material etc. is far better than cramster.

I bought the Cramster Raptor almost 3 months back and had to exchange it within a week or two due to shabby stitching.

If you can afford a good one, go for Alpinestar or Joe Rocket. They are worth the money, look good and offer levels of protection unmatched by both cramster and DSG. You can check with Performance Racing Store (mumbai). They stock good quality riding gear. DSG is available in Pune.

Do pick up a pair of gloves and good riding boots as well.

All the best. Ride safe.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:44   #15
BHPian

@ Sajo - the dealer here in Pune is Dhone Automobiles near Marketyard. The same dealer has another outlet in Chinchwad area.
Waiting period for TBTS and Electra is roughly 3 months. I enquired about Classic 350 and 500 but got to know from them the booking is stopped till year end. They have a huge backlog to clear and only after Jan'11 they will open bookings for Classic models.

What I got to know from them is RE models are now heads turning from old and young, boys and girls alike ; well thats what I have known since I born i.e. learnt to ride. Add to this the UCE engine which is far better than the old one. There are oppsing opinions about this of course (including myself).

@N_Aditya - Thanks. Yes, In deed, I am planning to come to Mumbai for good jacket.

And some news time now - Its expected next weekend...Yippieeeee.
Hoppefuly when I am logged in next weekend, I can post some photos as well Keeping fingures crossed. And all the best to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks