Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero honda Hunk revamped with trendy features! Any upgrade for CBZ extreme?

Hey guys did anybody note a significant change in the Hunk??

The kicker is missing! It's got only electric start, and the tech specs in the official website confirms this. First I thought it was some PS effect but when I read the Tech specs, the electricals says, starting type: Electrical bla bla bla.

Hero trying to emulate the Bajaj to attract the indian youth??
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post

The kicker is missing! It's got only electric start, and the tech specs in the official website confirms this. First I thought it was some PS effect but when I read the Tech specs, the electricals says, starting type: Electrical bla bla bla.

Something most should follow if the starter system if efficient and trouble free ( battery is good and will be charged). I might have used the kicker 4-5 times during the last 5 years ! Its always the ES.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Indian manufacturers have finally realised that if cars can have only electric start, why not motorcycles too!!
Convincing the common man might take time.
Old 5th March 2011, 22:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just bought the new hunk on January 20th. I'm extremely happy with the bike. Already touched 112kmph after 1st service, no vibes at all. Very relaxed bike, very good rear discs. Smooth and very good. Good mileage too! Looks good. Slightly heavy, but manageable. A much better choice over the FZ series(mileage is 40 max.!) Paid 77371/-. Things to avoid in Bangalore, Prakash Motors and their service. I've already had to change my chain sprocket because they tightened it too much.
Old 6th March 2011, 08:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Just bought the new hunk on January 20th. I'm extremely happy with the bike. Already touched 112kmph after 1st service, no vibes at all. Very relaxed bike, very good rear discs. Smooth and very good. Good mileage too! Looks good. Slightly heavy, but manageable. A much better choice over the FZ series(mileage is 40 max.!) Paid 77371/-. Things to avoid in Bangalore, Prakash Motors and their service. I've already had to change my chain sprocket because they tightened it too much.
Fantastic! Congrats on your new buy. Do post pics and a detailed review please. Especially of the power delivery(comparison vs CBZ/Uni Dazzler if possible) and the digital console.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

A power comparison?? Well, I've not driven the CBZ and the Dazzler actually. But I'll give the review. And pics, the console is fantastic. 2 Button console, one for switching from Trip meter to Odometer and the otehr to reset the trip meter. Fuel meter is analog just like the tachometer. And it shows the time in AM and PM in the lower left corner of the console. Continuously lit up with a flame orange background for easy visibility too! Review coming sometime this week I guess! My pick was with the Dazzler for sometime, but after seeing it in person, I just couldn't understand why the fuel tank looks as small as it does. The CBZ was out from the very beginning!
Old 6th March 2011, 11:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Orange backlit? I thought white? Ok its white in Dazzler and orange in hunk i guess correct? Can you post the console pic along side the one in Dazzler? Somehow I feel they have reused the console from Dazzler with minor add ons or may reduced features
Old 6th March 2011, 22:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, I haven't access to any Dazzler yet. And yes, Hunk is orange Backlit.
Old 7th March 2011, 07:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I haven't access to any Dazzler yet. And yes, Hunk is orange Backlit.
well how about the yamaha sz R 153cc, the FZ engine in a normal/traditional chassis. but still i think either that or the Fz/FZ-s might be better upgrades for cbz extreme. (or may be even the RTR 180) your choice, i suggest take a test ride, and then decide. happy bike hunting.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
but still i think either that or the Fz/FZ-s might be better upgrades for cbz extreme. (or may be even the RTR 180) your choice, i suggest take a test ride, and then decide. happy bike hunting.
Are you saying that FZ series will be an upgrade in terms of fit and finish and refinement compared to CBZ-X, Hunk, and RTR 180?
Old 9th March 2011, 20:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well how about the yamaha sz R 153cc, the FZ engine in a normal/traditional chassis. but still i think either that or the Fz/FZ-s might be better upgrades for cbz extreme. (or may be even the RTR 180) your choice, i suggest take a test ride, and then decide. happy bike hunting.
Lol, read my above post! I've already bought the Hunk! The FZ series, yes I considered but too little mileage(the company itself quoted around 40). The CBZ X-Treme looks too controversial and I'm for the against team. The RTR 180, well sorry folks, but never been a fan of the Apache. I hated the very first version which released. The headlamp doesn't find my fancy. So yes, the Hunk it was.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin pics? So how is your bike doing so far? how many kms clocked? post your initial experience, niggles, A.S.S quality etc of yours.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:13   #28
BHPian

CBZ Xtreme has been upgraded and I have seen the new ones in the showrooms already. Please check the Herohonda site for the upgrade details.
Has anyone bought the upgraded version yet? if so, can you please share your thoughts on the bike?
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin pics? So how is your bike doing so far? how many kms clocked? post your initial experience, niggles, A.S.S quality etc of yours.
The bike's clocked around 4700km. The bike's doing fine, just the mileage bit which scares me. I'm getting around 35kmpl tops. That must have to do with the harsh riding in the initial stages of the bike. :( Which I regret now. And please do un-abbreviate A.S.S for me, I googled for it and the results were not exactly T-BHP friendly! Initial experience, yes a solid vehicle built for anything you throw at it. Which includes around 350km of travel in one day at an average speed of >90kmph(From Bangalore-Hogenakal and back). Besides that, yeah, engine can do with a little more tuning to reduce the vibes at around the 5k mark. Besides that, no complaints. A good bike which is very underrated!
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bike's clocked around 4700km. The bike's doing fine, just the mileage bit which scares me. I'm getting around 35kmpl tops. That must have to do with the harsh riding in the initial stages of the bike. :( Which I regret now. And please do un-abbreviate A.S.S for me, I googled for it and the results were not exactly T-BHP friendly! Initial experience, yes a solid vehicle built for anything you throw at it. Which includes around 350km of travel in one day at an average speed of >90kmph(From Bangalore-Hogenakal and back). Besides that, yeah, engine can do with a little more tuning to reduce the vibes at around the 5k mark. Besides that, no complaints. A good bike which is very underrated!
Hey
A.S.S - After Sales Service. No need to google, you should have used the search option in TBhp website. Good to know that Honda is holding up strong. Wishes. Underrated and under sold too! same is the case with my girl too(Suzuki GS150), probably one of the fantastic 150 bike. Such bikes outshined by the trendy looking ones. So unfortunate! Anyways enjoy your ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks