Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:31   #31
BHPian

Re: My name is Bird, Thunderbird.

Thanks datvichrox2.

I will try that tomorrow itself and update the thread on the results I get with photos of course
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:06   #32
BHPian

Good going Advait. Congrats once again for your buy. My suggestion would be to use the RE warranty to the fullest.
If your starter is giving a problem, just ask them replace it, and not repair it. Just one more suggestion, don't ride constantly on any speed. Keep varying the pace while doing long runs, especially on a new bike.
Cheers and Ride safe
Old 21st February 2012, 11:14   #33
BHPian

Posting updates after a looooong time.

The Bird is flying perfectly fine. I got the anti-rust protection spray in Reliance shop. Have to use it if its really effective.

Me getting average consistently between 42-45; that too in Hinjewadi traffic. Highway rides would take it to the higher band in the above range. I use HP or BP normal petrol.

Since I had kept the bike parked for almost 6 weeks due to my travel, causing the battery to drain out. There was no way it would recharge, so had to replace it. Replaced it with Exide again. So third battery in the life of almost 17 months - first one replaced within warrenty period without cost. The third new battery cost me 2000. Paid maintenance was also done during that - 14th Jan. Total maint. cost - replacing oil, clutch cable, rear indicator that some stupid fellow broke while riding to office, and labor cost me approx 1500.

I am goiong to the long ride - destination? well, well, that's going to be on my travelog next month. First stop - Ahmedabad. Keep reading.
Old 21st February 2012, 11:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I am goiong to the long ride - destination? well, well, that's going to be on my travelog next month. First stop - Ahmedabad. Keep reading.
Thats cool. Will you be riding all the way from Pune to Ahmedabad?
Will you be riding alone or as a part of some group or with someone ?
Old 21st February 2012, 13:16   #35
BHPian

Sajo - For now, I am riding to Ahmedabad. Alone till this destination.

The plan looks something like this.
Pune - Mumbai. Reach evening for dinner and night halt.
Start from Mumbai early morning (around 5.30) and reach Vadodara for late lunch around 2.30 or 3.
Start from Vadodara after night halt next early morning. Catch up with group and ride on. That's all I can say right now.

More to come next month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks