Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 14:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
How is the illumination from the headlamps? The only negative I can see on the Ninja is the console it looks like its come from the 80's.
The stock headlamps are awesome. The spread of the beam and the brightness is top notch. I have topped 155kmph quite often on our night rides with no issues.

I have to agree that the console is old school. The 250R's abroad are still sold with the analog console's. Digital ones are available but cost around INR 15k IIRC.

@maibaa - replying on your behalf. hope you dont mind.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The stock headlamps are awesome. The spread of the beam and the brightness is top notch. I have topped 155kmph quite often on our night rides with no issues.

I have to agree that the console is old school. The 250R's abroad are still sold with the analog console's. Digital ones are available but cost around INR 15k IIRC.

@maibaa - replying on your behalf. hope you dont mind.
Oh great! This bike is on my radar. Would love to own one soon.

Thanks Aditya.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh great! This bike is on my radar. Would love to own one soon.

Thanks Aditya.
Pleasure to be of help Hiren. But i thought you already owned a superbike.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:46   #19
BHPian

Hey congrats on your bike dude. It looks like an awesome ride. Good wash n wax job

Every time i see someone buying a new bike my pulse starts rising and my need to own a machine like that increases, but dies down after a couple of days only to rise again.
Unlucky me, hope i get my hands on one soon enough. :-)

How much does it cost own road?
Haven seen one in flesh. Is it bigger than R15?
Is there a showroom in Chennai ?
How many days do they take to deliver if ordered in Bangalore.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
The Ninja costs around 3.2 lacs on road in blore and is definitely bigger and heavier than the R15. This baby weighs 172 kilo's.

There is a probiking showroom in chennai at Tiruvanmiyur where the ninja is on display.

Waiting time is now down to a day or two in blore. Just pay, get the registration done and ride out.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
The Ninja costs around 3.2 lacs on road in blore and is definitely bigger and heavier than the R15. This baby weighs 172 kilo's.

There is a probiking showroom in chennai at Tiruvanmiyur where the ninja is on display.

Waiting time is now down to a day or two in blore. Just pay, get the registration done and ride out.
Actually, the Probiking showroom is in Adyar, not Thiruvanmiyur. Sardar Patel Road (S.P. Road). Just after Madhya Kailash when coming towards Adyar.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Actually, the Probiking showroom is in Adyar, not Thiruvanmiyur. Sardar Patel Road (S.P. Road). Just after Madhya Kailash when coming towards Adyar.
Opps my bad. I always get confused between these 2 places.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:17   #23
BHPian

Hey Aditya, Congrats on your new Green beast.
no doubt green Ninja is an eye-catcher on bangalore roads because there are very few Ninja's in bangalore.

Please post some of your riding experiences and initial bike performance.
How is the Gear shifting, throttle response, how does the bike respond in lower RPM's, how do you feel the breaking is ?

Enjoy and ride safe
Old 25th August 2010, 20:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Aditya, dont hijack the thread

Bhargava, This Thread is Maibaa's not Aditya's.

Maibaa, Congrats on your aquisition. Nice looking Sari Guard. Blends well with the bike. When do you plan to take it off

Aditya - you still have yours on?

If you boys are going for a ride, do let us know. Dont mind meeting you'll to see the Green twins in action.

<Green with Envy>
Old 26th August 2010, 00:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
First off, great pics mate. The bike is gleaming all over. Which wax do you use? .
Thanks Aditya, I just applied some Turtle Wax that I had got from the states for my Cedia. I guess it works fine for bikes as well. Unless i am mistaken. Hope there is no such thing as separate wax for bikes and cars.

Quote:
How is the illumination from the headlamps? The only negative I can see on the Ninja is the console it looks like its come from the 80's.
Thanks for answering this for me Aditya

Hiren, as Aditya has mentioned, the stock illumination is quite good during the night and on my recent ride on the Bangalore-Mysore highway, on the way back, I didnt feel the need to turn on the high beam. Pretty satisfactory.

However, on some US based kawasaki forums I have noticed people changing the stock headlamp bulbs to Philips Motovision Bulbs. One of the posters on a thread has quoted that "These are designed specifically for motorcycles. They have a unique orange reflection that helps you see and be seen (headlight appears "orange" but light output is bright white), they put out about 40% more light than standard halogens and a longer beam of light. Cost per bulb: about $20.00"

Some other offerings from Philips. Not sure if they are available in India.
PHILIPS MotoVision Light Bulb
PHILIPS Xtreme Power H7
Philips Blue Vision
Bikemaster Vision X H7 Bulb
GE Nighthawk H7-55NH/BP
Sylvania SilverStar Headlight Bulb

The console looks a bit retro but I am happy with the analogue setup. I prefer this to the digital console. Love to see the needle climb. Moreover, I am glad the bike is great in areas that matter most, power, performance and handling.

Few friends also commented on the lack of illuminated switches as seen on the new gen pulsars, no auto-off turn indicators, etc. But i feel the bike has decent controls without the bling factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

In Bangalore, it costs 3.19 Lakhs on road. You can get immediate delivery in a day or two after registration upon cash payment. Mine took 4 days as i opted to pay by check.

This bike definitely looks and is bigger than the R15. After owning this bike, i had a chance to visit the Yamaha showroom and the comparative small size of the R15 was quite evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Aditya, dont hijack the thread

Bhargava, This Thread is Maibaa's not Aditya's.

Maibaa, Congrats on your aquisition. Nice looking Sari Guard. Blends well with the bike. When do you plan to take it off

If you boys are going for a ride, do let us know. Dont mind meeting you'll to see the Green twins in action.

<Green with Envy>
@Ironwolf - No problem at all. I am glad Aditya has answered some queries on my behalf. This shows that he shares the same excitement of owning the Ninja as I do.

Regarding the question of Saree guard, frankly speaking I was pretty impressed the way Bajaj has designed the Saree guard for this bike. It definitely does not look odd and blends very well into the design of the bike. Not sure if I need to remove it. Maybe someday i might, when I feel the need to.

I will be glad to join you guys on long rides very soon. Just waiting for the fasting month to get over. I already have an invite from Aditya. Damn! these rains are preventing me to take my bike out more often to get over the engine break-in period. I am stuck at 750 kms.
Old 26th August 2010, 00:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey Maibaa, congratulations on the Ninja bro. It is without doubt the best Sports bike one can buy in India. Personally I am a fan of the green one too. I saw a black one a couple of days back and happened to follow it for about 2 kms. Not 1 person gave it a second look, while a green one can really attract eyeballs (though I agree that color is a personal preference and stealth can be safer sometimes).

Have fun and ride safe

Last edited by sammyboy : 26th August 2010 at 00:52.
Old 26th August 2010, 09:30   #27
BHPian

Congrats Maibaa!!

How about improving the looks with some TBHP stickers?
Old 26th August 2010, 10:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Hey Aditya, Congrats on your new Green beast. no doubt green Ninja is an eye-catcher on bangalore roads because there are very few Ninja's in bangalore.

Please post some of your riding experiences and initial bike performance
Thanks Bhargava. There are quite a few ninja's in blore and last i checked it was 62 including a few from Mysore.

My ownership experiences and a detailed running report is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Nice looking Sari Guard. Blends well with the bike. Aditya - you still have yours on?

I removed my sari guard within the first week of owning the bike. Even the front number plate is off.

That saves me a lot of weight so the bike is 0.000001 seconds faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Thanks Aditya, I just applied some Turtle Wax that I had got from the states for my Cedia. I guess it works fine for bikes as well. Unless i am mistaken. Hope there is no such thing as separate wax for bikes and cars.
Man that wax sure does a fine job. I havent come across any waxes meant for cars and bikes separately. Enjoy the bike and ride safe bro.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pleasure to be of help Hiren. But i thought you already owned a superbike.
Sigh!! Not quite unless you consider the classic Pulsar 180 as one
But one day I will get mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post

Thanks for answering this for me Aditya

Hiren, as Aditya has mentioned, the stock illumination is quite good during the night and on my recent ride on the Bangalore-Mysore highway, on the way back, I didnt feel the need to turn on the high beam. Pretty satisfactory.

However, on some US based kawasaki forums I have noticed people changing the stock headlamp bulbs to Philips Motovision Bulbs. One of the posters on a thread has quoted that "These are designed specifically for motorcycles. They have a unique orange reflection that helps you see and be seen (headlight appears "orange" but light output is bright white), they put out about 40% more light than standard halogens and a longer beam of light. Cost per bulb: about $20.00"

Some other offerings from Philips. Not sure if they are available in India.
PHILIPS MotoVision Light Bulb
PHILIPS Xtreme Power H7
Philips Blue Vision
Bikemaster Vision X H7 Bulb
GE Nighthawk H7-55NH/BP
Sylvania SilverStar Headlight Bulb

The console looks a bit retro but I am happy with the analogue setup. I prefer this to the digital console. Love to see the needle climb. Moreover, I am glad the bike is great in areas that matter most, power, performance and handling.

Few friends also commented on the lack of illuminated switches as seen on the new gen pulsars, no auto-off turn indicators, etc. But i feel the bike has decent controls without the bling factor.
Thanks for the reply Maibaa. You planning to change to MotoVision bulbs?
Hows is the backlit instrumentation? I mean whats the color of the bulbs?
Old 26th August 2010, 13:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

I somewhere read as being advised against changing bulbs, can't recall the exact reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks