Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 00:50   #1
BHPian

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R

After months of dreaming and contemplating upon the idea of getting myself a CL500 or a Ninja 250, I finally went the Ninja way and got myself the Green one.

Initially I wanted to have a Bullet CL500 as I love the retro looks of the new classic and have been always impressed with its touring capabilities. But the waiting time of 8 months and the many niggling quality issues reported with the new classics put me off.

Last month while passing by the Probiking showroom in Indiranagar, I casually inquired about the waiting period for the Ninja and the reply sounded so sweet to my ears that I was totally tempted to go for it. I was open to the idea of going for either black or green initially but the green baby on display at the showroom just blew me away. There was no confusion on which one I wanted.

Made up my mind over the weekend and made the booking on Monday, the 23rd June. Got delivery on Saturday of the same week! I was the owner of a green Ninja 250R!

I have done 700 kms till now and waiting for the run-in period to be completed. I made a couple of runs to Mysore and Nandi hills and also I occasionally ride to office on the outer ring road. As mentioned by other Ninja owners, this run-in period is a true testing time for one's patience. Man! it is so difficult to control the urge to rev it

Regarding the initial impression about the bike, I can say that I felt instantly comfortable with the bike from the moment I sat on it. Riding position is comfortable and I got adjusted to it after a few hours of riding. Initially felt a little uneasy upon riding continuously for an hour but that could also be due to the fact that I was riding a bike after a long long time. I used to own an Ind Suzuki a long time ago

Riding in stop and go traffic is a little tiresome and the bike tends to heat up pretty fast. The temp needle quickly mounts to 75% of the temp range and stays there but I guess there is nothing to worry about. Once you give the bike a good stretch of road, the temp needle goes back to the halfway point.

On the road, the green color is definitely a head turner and i am slowly getting used to all the stares and the awes from almost everyone on the road! As usual, many on the road try to help by gesturing that my headlight is on when I ride during the day.

Regarding accessories, I have got myself a pair of Cramster riding gloves and a LS2 Diamond helmet to start with. Will go for a riding jacket soon.

I have not been able to take any good pics of my bike till now but hopefully I will try to get a few shots and post them here.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
After months of dreaming and contemplating upon the idea of getting myself a CL500 or a Ninja 250, I finally went the Ninja way and got myself the Green one.

Regarding accessories, I have got myself a pair of Cramster riding gloves and a LS2 Diamond helmet to start with. Will go for a riding jacket soon.
Congrats on the greenie Maibaa. Wish you many miles of happy and safe riding.

I'd suggest you to go for a riding jacket from DSG or better like A*. Cramster quality has been in the pits for sometime now so avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Has it been launched in red as well now in India or have you just posted some international pic off the net?
Only 2 colors, green and black are sold in India. No plans from Bajaj to get the other colors down. Ninja in white is sold abroad and looks awesome.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congrats on the greenie Maibaa. Wish you many miles of happy and safe riding.

I'd suggest you to go for a riding jacket from DSG or better like A*. Cramster quality has been in the pits for sometime now so avoid them.
Thank you Aditya! Wish you the same!

Any idea where I could get DSG or Alpine* jackets? Is it at the Yamaha showroom opposite Forum Mall?
Old 18th August 2010, 15:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea where I could get DSG or Alpine* jackets? Is it at the Yamaha showroom opposite Forum Mall?
Yes. You can get DSG and A* at Orion Yamaha opposite Forum Mall.

If they dont have stock of jackets in your size, you can order directly at www.planetdsg.com

A* is way better compared to DSG so if you can afford it, please invest in one.

Edit - Do join us for a ride sometime.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th August 2010 at 15:48.
Old 21st August 2010, 23:28   #5
BHPian

Pics of my Bike

A few snaps from my phone after a good wash n wax at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja6.jpg  

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja2.jpg  

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja1.jpg  

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja5.jpg  

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja3.jpg  

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja7.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2010, 00:36   #6
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition. You got the delivery in june and posting the good news in August, not fair.
Old 22nd August 2010, 02:56   #7
BHPian

cool ride ! congrats and nice pics, do post more if possible
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:37   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition. Hope to see mamy more pics from you.
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride; I'm happy you choose Ninja 250; Hope you've bought a good set of riding gears, if not, pls buy them immediately.

Hope to see an ownership thread soon
Old 24th August 2010, 23:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Congrats on the acquisition. You got the delivery in june and posting the good news in August, not fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
cool ride ! congrats and nice pics, do post more if possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. Hope to see mamy more pics from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Congratulations on your new ride; I'm happy you choose Ninja 250; Hope you've bought a good set of riding gears, if not, pls buy them immediately.

Hope to see an ownership thread soon
@Chipz, @shan2129, @ kailashnj, @ aargee, Thanks!

Here are some more pics of my ride. Although these snaps do not do justice to the beauty of this machine, still sharing the same. Planning to do a proper photo shoot soon.

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja8.jpg

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja10.jpg

Got my new Kawasaki Ninja 250R-ninja9.jpg

As far as riding gear goes, I have purchased the following as of now:

1. LS2 Diamond Helmet
2. Pair of Riding gloves from Cramster
3. Balaclava from Cramster (For long rides in future)
4. Elbow guards and Knee guards from Fox

Not sure if I should also invest in a riding jacket or i can make do with the above if I have a good leather jacket.

I am yet to get a proper feel of this machine as I have ridden it only for around 750 kms as of now and also within the recommended limit of 4K RPM max. Maybe when I cross the break-in period of 1600 kms, I can give a proper report of how it feels and how this thing behaves when you set it free

For now I am enjoying all the attention on the roads!
Old 25th August 2010, 10:02   #11
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations

Please do invest in a riding jacket.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the awesome ride, mate. Wish you a long and fun filled relation with her.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

First off, great pics mate. The bike is gleaming all over. Which wax do you use? I havent used any wax so far except for the Forumla1 wax only once. I mostly use ArmorAll wash n wax solution.

That said, my baby is due for a wash. Riding in the rains has made her muddy and mucky all over. Come saturday and she gets a good wash and the Formula-1 wax treatment. I plan to buy Meguiars wax polish once this F-1 wax is over.

Quote:
Not sure if I should also invest in a riding jacket or i can make do with the above if I have a good leather jacket.
If you have a good leather jacket just buy a pair of good quality elbow guards and a spine protector.... or take a look at these:

Alpinestars Bionic 2 Protection Jacket - RidersDiscount.com

Icon Stryker Ce Back Protector - RidersDiscount.com

Browse the site for more such products at amazing prices.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:31   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Maibaa, Green Kawasaki looks awesome.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrat Maibaa. You have got yourself a great bike.
Its got the perfect blend of power and a big bike feel.

How is the illumination from the headlamps? The only negative I can see on the Ninja is the console it looks like its come from the 80's.

Take good care of it and hope you have wonderful experiences on the bike.

Most Viewed