Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda and Hero Honda to Part Ways? EDIT - Confirmed!! Details pg. 3

Frigging' hilarious, total stuff. Thanks for sharing
Old 9th April 2011, 23:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Here is a hilarious link that makes a spoof of the separation of the two, 2 wheeler biggies.
CONVO LINK - CLICK HERE

Mods please delete the post if this is off topic.

Hilarious!! ROTFL!
The guy from hero should also have asked for stickers.
Old 10th April 2011, 01:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

from all this it makes me wonder, if its ultimately the brand name that matters alot more or the kind of service and partly reliability & resale value?

the hyundai cars although not as solidly built as their competitors do make up for the same in terms of service not just in India but worldwide, and a few models of their still do command a respectable resale value.

with the kind of service network and service delivery they have, which at least is better than its competition in the market (purely my experience) and the resale value of their bikes will they still be able to pull it off? (on their own or would they join another partner?) well it is a wait and watch game.

and another aspect of it is, will hero still survive with out Honda technology? the very reason for asking this question is because there is big irony involved if they do break up and are refused to further produce honda tech based bikes, the way i see it is, the very reason for hero's success is HONDA hands down, its the simplicity in the design and the ease of SERVICING the bikes that goes comes with the technology and has been the primary reason all along, no wonder all road side mechanics learn to service these bikes so fast and set up shops. Imagine if Honda technology is no more in these bikes and they do plan to come up with something else it would mean a lot of complications in setting up, designing and after sales service department, which can lead to a different outcome.

if one need validation on this you are free to ask any good 2-wheeler mechanic which bike is a breeze to service, HH, TVS or Bajaj. A Bajaj pulsar especially the old ones are really a pain to service, the number of nuts, screws and bolts in them would drive a mechanic really crazy! (probably the very reason for such quick Upgrades from them). On the other Hand Tvs's R&D is still trying to catch up, finding certain flaws or root causes with TVS bikes is no job for a rookie mechanic and at times even veterans find it really hard.

the Bajaj and Tvs have gone through this and still have a long way to go before they even come close to the refinement of honda in design, simplicity and technological excellence to cut cost of material and production like honda did and does.

the way i see it, just my Personal Honest Opinion, Hero keeping(as in buying) the existing technology from Honda and then may be buying another reliable technology partner would not harm the brand much. if reliability is out of the equation, then the resale value, the brand image and eventually every thing would go down south. it doesnt make sense for Hero Honda to start with an R&D unit and build bikes from scratch at this point of time.

like the earlier comments made by the fellow bhpians, i hope their premium does come down benefiting the customers, and they still develop a good R&D for themselves.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Hero Honda would soon change the name too.

Details here

Thread Closed
Old 30th September 2016, 17:21   #50
BANNED

Hero MotoCorp will phase out Honda legacy by 2018: Markus Braunsperger

Quote:
When can we see Hero MotoCorp as an independent technology company?

It’s been five years since our separation from Honda. This means we have five years of engineering excellence. Latest by 2018 we will completely phase out Honda legacy.

I think there are two issues involved in this – one is engineering development and another is market perception. Also, some people still refer to us as Hero Honda. This means market perception takes time to change and needs a lot of effort. But from technology point of view, whatever we have showcased from Maestro to Duet scooter, all have been developed in-house, have no legacy and no connect with Honda.
Quote:
Going forward, what are the key criteria for Hero MotoCorp?

I have to answer this to our complete R&D team also. I think in the near future, Hero will stand for smart mobility technology. Our objective is to achieve this technology at a lower cost. This kind of smart mobility captures quite well in our new i3s (Idle Stop Start System) technology because it gives additional safety at a comfortable cost.

Right now, our R&D is about to finish BS IV development. We are already into BS VI. We are in the process to evaluate suppliers and partners to run the technology competition.
SOURCE: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...erger/54596041

Last edited by Eddy : 30th September 2016 at 22:25. Reason: Fixed quotes
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 18:48   #51
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hero MotoCorp will phase out Honda legacy by 2018: Markus Braunsperger

Wonder what they mean when they say, they will phase out the Honda legacy by 2018. Does it mean, no product that was co-developed by Honda will be sold or that they will retain the name but change all the technology to what their R&D has come up with.

This will be a good reality check for the company; they've milked the products that they sold under the "Hero Honda" name.

They talk about how they need to move away from the market perception that they are "Hero Honda" not "Hero". I hope they realize that it is this Honda name legacy that brings most customers to their showrooms.
Old 30th September 2016, 19:24   #52
BANNED

Re: Hero MotoCorp will phase out Honda legacy by 2018: Markus Braunsperger

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wonder what they mean when they say, they will phase out the Honda legacy by 2018. Does it mean, no product that was co-developed by Honda will be sold or that they will retain the name but change all the technology to what their R&D has come up with.
First of all whatever the R&D is being done should be done to develop an ALL NEW 100cc engine that can be plonked in the Splendor/Passion etc etc. Enough of slogging that 100cc engine that Honda left back with Hero at the time of split.

Honda has gone all new IMO and the engine has been accepted well by the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I hope they realize that it is this Honda name legacy that brings most customers to their showrooms.

This company is still referred to as Hero Honda and its bikes like "Hero Honda Splendor" and not Hero MotorCorp Splendor.

Same thing would be if Maruti Suzuki Alto would be changed to Suzuki Alto. Masses won't realise the change and they would still go by the old memories that brought them mobility at a cheaper price.

No matter what, first impression is the last one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks