Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:51   #1
BHPian

Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16

Gurus,

please help me to fix an exhaust for my bike got an aluminum hi torque can but the problem is i cant find a exhaust pipe for that im planning to keep the stock aside dont want to cut it and mess it up.im at present residing at hosur so if some one can help me from B'lore it would be glad and everyones suggesion is valuble for me please help ill post the picture of the can soon.
Old 2nd October 2010, 20:12   #2
BHPian

Contact Fireoid. He will be able to help you out.
Old 2nd October 2010, 21:42   #3
BHPian

Hi Samy, why don't you come to bangalore during some weekend and go to shivajinagar junkyard and look for a silencer for your bike ? In that way you can retail your original silencer without cutting it near the can. Am sure you should get a good bargain there. You can get the pipe done by local guys but I think it won't fit well to the exhaust port ?? ( don't know if it is the correct word for it ) unless it is done by an expert.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:59   #4
BHPian

I would personally recommend Joel Joseph aka Fireoid on team bhp, he makes the best exhaust for indian bikes, I have one so I am sure of it.
Old 4th October 2010, 19:09   #5
BHPian

ok thanks for the advice ill contact fireoid
Old 5th October 2010, 00:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Contact Fireoid. He will be able to help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I would personally recommend Joel Joseph aka Fireoid on team bhp, he makes the best exhaust for indian bikes, I have one so I am sure of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samybravo View Post
ok thanks for the advice ill contact fireoid
The correct id is Fieroid & not Fireoid. Click Here to find his profile - Fieroid
Old 5th October 2010, 02:48   #7
BHPian

I have sent you Joel's email address as a PM, you can mail him directly and then you can update this thread.
Old 15th November 2010, 21:00   #8
BHPian

Help Needed

HI ALL!

sorry for the delay finaly completed the exhaust pipe but it seriously looks ugly for this work it almost took 45 days here are the pic sorry the resolution is poor. Find pic in attachments.Now the issue the sound is great the bike reaches 90 quickly but then it clogs and with great difficulty reaches 112 with lots of vibration iv tuned the carb 3 times but still have very less effect on the bike.kindly help i need an expert to fix this problem i can come to B'lore if some one can help me.i thought i can reach 130 Kms as i got inspired by seeing Youtube kindly help Gurus
Attached Thumbnails
Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16-15112010178.jpg  

Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16-15112010179.jpg  

Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16-15112010180.jpg  

Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16-15112010181.jpg  

Old 15th November 2010, 22:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

You mentioned that your exhaust is a high torque one; I am afraid there is a clear mismatch in your requirements and the product you procured.

If it is a high-torque exhaust, it will do exactly what it is doing: Get you to speed fast, and not bump up the top whack.

Secondly, try changing the main jet to allow for better fuel flow at high revs. Couple that up with a free'r flowing air filter.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2013, 15:32   #10
BANNED

Re: Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16

hello,
sorry for reopening an old thread. Mods if you find it inappropriate please delete the post.
I have a 2012 Yamaha Fazer which has done 18k kms. The bike always had a poor performance beyond 90km/hr. I started searching for some solutions and came across FFE's and air filters for my bike.
My basic requirements were-
1. Cruising should between 90-110km/hr. In its stock form the Fazer/Fz16 can cruise comfortably between 70-85km/hr.
2. On the highways the bike suffered from in gear acceleration. I always have to downshift after reducing speeds below 60km/hr from 70-75km/hr. The bike doesnt pull well.
I really am not bothered about the top speed. I need good 3 digit cruising speeds as mentioned up. I was planning to undergear the bike but my mechanic was unable to install R15 v1.0 sprockets. ( the existing sprockets were up for replacement at 16.5k kms). Later i picked up a Race concepts FFE from a friend. I installed for 2 days but my mechanic was unable to tune it. So removed it as my exams were nearing and did not wish to spend time with the mods. Finally i would be free by 30th November and Motozone pune is helping me with my FFE. I have the following queries-
1. Apart from an jet kit (pulsar180-117) and a pipercross air filter. Do i need to install anything else with the FFE?
2. The sound without the DB killer is too much. I live in one those societies where people just find a chance to complain about my bike. Is it possible to install the existing muffler with the FFE? Any other muffler suitable with the Race concepts FFE?
I already have NGK iridium spark plugs and spit fire cables on my bike. Is there anything else i should consider getting done on my bike? (would start saving asap )
Thanks

Asit
Old 1st October 2014, 16:39   #11

Exhaust for Yamaha FZ 16-fz16.jpg

I've installed a DIY free-flow exhaust system on my '10 Yamaha FZ16 I purchased 2 years back, to go with the K&N stock replacement free-flow air filter. The muffler is a local aftermarket one I purchased a few months back for a little under a grand. Bought, bent and welded on an Enfield exhaust pipe for less than a grand again.

The stock exhaust system easily weighed over 10kgs, while this feels like less that quarter it's weight! There is of course a substantial loss in acceleration in lower gears, but high-speed highway cruising has become much smoother now, while the power delivery has become more linear than the initially jumpy one earlier.

It, oddly, sounds like an Enfield at lower speeds on city roads, but picks up a neat and steady exhaust note 60km/h onwards. Handling of the motorcycle has changed radically of course. It has definitely become more flickable with the loss of weight from its centre of gravity. Next up, planning to put in a headlamp projector for better visibility.
Old 1st October 2014, 19:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimface View Post
Handling of the motorcycle has changed radically of course. It has definitely become more flickable with the loss of weight from its centre of gravity.
Hi dude, couldn't get this statement, can you please explain further?
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd October 2014, 23:51   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Hi dude, couldn't get this statement, can you please explain further?
Thanks in advance.
The stock exhaust system of the FZ/ Fazers has a heavy expansion chamber like structure with catalytic converters and a loop of the exhaust pipe, which overall weighed quite a bit, which was clear once it was taken out.

The entire bike feels a lot lighter and quicker with sharp turns now with a direct exhaust pipe. Low-end torque has been sacrificed due to it's removal but ease and stability at higher speeds is beautiful.
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:49   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimface View Post
The stock exhaust system of the FZ/ Fazers has a heavy expansion chamber like structure with catalytic converters and a loop of the exhaust pipe, which overall weighed quite a bit, which was clear once it was taken out.
I understood this point, bu my question is how reducing the mass on the lower part of vehicle (almost below CG point) will improve handling? (Isn't the new CG higher than the stock setup?)
Old 6th October 2014, 14:20   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I understood this point, bu my question is how reducing the mass on the lower part of vehicle (almost below CG point) will improve handling? (Isn't the new CG higher than the stock setup?)
Well this is what I feel, do correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm no engineer, more of an enthusiast.

The stock exhaust system was just behind and in-line with the vehicle's engine, its CoG. The new assembly, being less that quarter the weight of the previous one, does add its weight off-centre, instead of along with FZ's CoG. But the new weight is relatively so minuscule that the overall mass reduction makes the FZ 'feel' really easier to flick and bend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks