Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Ninja 250 - Nicks and Knacks

Hello Bhpians

We could use this thread to highlight the troubles experienced with the Kawasaki Ninja 250r.

I have faced 2 minor issues one of which had the potential to make me spend quite a bit.

First one is the rear view mirrors - One of mirror (Left) tends to loosen up very often, i have to tighten it almost every fortnight. I plan to replace the mirrors with the Rizoma mirrors (Picture below).

Second issue was that my fuel tank lid had jammed, initially the key wouldn't go inside, i sprayed tons of WD40 and left it overnight, next morning the key could go all the way in but the locking mechanism just didn't budge, I tried oiling from the key hole but no luck, i had only 50 kms of fuel left in the bike so had to get it sorted, i then called up the Bajaj Engineer responsible for Mumbai area, he requested me to take the bike to the Probiking workshop in Ghatkopar and he mentioned that since its a first such case he would be present at the workshop. Following Saturday morning i took the bike to the workshop, the technician immediately pour some petrol in the key hole and then sprayed some oil, then he started his ordeal to open the forsaken lid, no luck!! i was scared that the key might bend or break, the locking mechanism was so jammed that it didn't even move 1mm. I then thought of getting a duplicate key done and use the duplicate key to open, also the chaviwala has the hand held tool to hold the key, this key can provide sufficient leverage on the lock without breaking the key, after 15-20 minutes of toying with the duplicate key the lock opened, phew!! I was relieved, the guys at the workshop then made sure that the locking mechanism has not been damaged, before i rode off.

I would suggest all fellow bhpian Ninja owners to keep opening you fuel tank lid atleast one in 15 days and to regularly oil the locking mechanism. I hardly use the bike so last i opened the lid was 2 months back.
Attached Thumbnails
Ninja 250 - Nicks and Knacks-rizoma.jpg  

Old 6th October 2010, 16:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice looking RVM's. Try and source carbon fiber ones. They look super. How much are the Rizoma's costing you?

My left RVM is more free in movement compared to the one on the right but it doesn't move out of adjustment even at high speeds.

For the fuel tank lid issue did you park the bike in the sun / rain for the lock to get jammed?

I have clocked over 7k kms on my bike since i bought it in May 2010 but thankfully never faced this issue. The bike is covered while parked in my apartment parking lot and the only time it's exposed to sun and/or rain is when I am riding it.

Wierd that the lock had to jam that way. Ask the service center replace the lock within warranty so you dont have such issues again.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:12   #3
BHPian

Hi Aditya,

These Rizoma mirrors costs around 11k, they are made of some alloy. My mirrors are terrible and the left one keep moving out of place whenever i ride at some good speeds.

To answer your next question, my bike is alway parked in my verandah whihc is covered and i also put a cover on top, sadly it still happened, have spoken to the blokes in Bajaj Pune, lets see what happenes next.

Tomorrow am planning for a ride to Amby valley, lets plan and have a ninja meet someday, let me know your views on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice looking RVM's. Try and source carbon fiber ones. They look super. How much are the Rizoma's costing you?

My left RVM is more free in movement compared to the one on the right but it doesn't move out of adjustment even at high speeds.

For the fuel tank lid issue did you park the bike in the sun / rain for the lock to get jammed?

I have clocked over 7k kms on my bike since i bought it in May 2010 but thankfully never faced this issue. The bike is covered while parked in my apartment parking lot and the only time it's exposed to sun and/or rain is when I am riding it.

Wierd that the lock had to jam that way. Ask the service center replace the lock within warranty so you dont have such issues again.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

i'm sure those mirrors will turn more heads than just yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Tomorrow am planning for a ride to Amby valley, lets plan and have a ninja meet someday, let me know your views on it.
I'm in Blore dude. We can have a ninja meet when you come down here or when i ride over to that part of the country. Ride safe mate.
Old 12th October 2010, 19:03   #5
BHPian

thats strange. But opening the fuel cap after 2 months is bad. Hope your lubricating the bike in the right places since u dont use it too often. Take extra care of the battery. We just had a 4 ninja ride to malshej ghat..u should join us!
Old 13th October 2010, 10:24   #6
BHPian

Hey Aditya.

Missed you location info. but i keep coming b'lore, hope to you see you then minus my Ninja of-course.

Hello BP

I keep travelling a hell lot hence unable to give enough time to this mean machine, i now have a lesson learnt and beleive me each time i start my bike i open the fuel lid purely to prevent any such instances in the future.

Ride to Malshej would have been good, but am not sure how bad were the roads, i remember driving down to karjat a couple of weeks back and the roads were not to good for biking. Anyways let me know when you guys plan a ride next, we are planning a ride this Sunday morning to Amby valley, lets hope it turns out well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks