Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 10:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueband4u View Post
Actually it is more than 400 kms but to complete the 1610 km requirement I just needed to accomplish 304 kms from that point at Kottampatti
Oh, I see. Then you must have achieved the target somewhere near Tindivanam?

What was the reaction at home? Are they aware of this feat yet?
Old 6th October 2010, 10:56   #17
BHPian

@bblost

+1
I'm still saving some cash to buy a decent touring gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Oh, I see. Then you must have achieved the target somewhere near Tindivanam?

What was the reaction at home? Are they aware of this feat yet?
Yes you are right...it was some place between tindivanam and Melmaruvathur.
At home they just knew I went to Bangalore and returned back

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th October 2010 at 23:31. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great stuff! Congratulations.

Most like me just dream of such awesome rides.
I was wondering how you generally countered tiredness and sleep?
Old 6th October 2010, 11:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I was wondering how you generally countered tiredness and sleep?
Tiredness is overcome using energy bars & drink (Redbull for instance)
Quote:
3 bottles of water mixed with Electrol, Horlicks Energy bars and First Aid kit
Sleep is something to really practice!!! Starving & riding is something that most of us do. But, its extremely difficult & dangerous to ride without a good sleep & no wonder its called Iron Butt!!!
Old 6th October 2010, 11:10   #20
BHPian

The enthusiastic rider inside me kept me awake and the thought that my Ex-Girlfriend got married last month at Madurai gave me an additional dosage of aggression! Thank God I didn't get a chance to enter Madurai and hope I'll never go to that city all my life.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The enthusiastic rider inside me kept me awake ...hope I'll never go to that city all my life.
Haha...good joke;

But were you able to take any breaks? Breakfast most people do skip, agreed, but, were you able to break for lunch or dinner? How about any trial attempts? Most people try doing a trial run on the route they intent to take for identifying fuel, food & ATM breaks. Did you try anything of that sort?

On a lighter note, it was glad that you didn't tell the cops at the checkpost that you were attempting for IBA saddle sore, otherwise, they would've even delayed your journey by asking so many questions instead of clearing your way

Last edited by aargee : 6th October 2010 at 11:25.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:26   #22
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on your Saddlesore! Very well written trip log. Hope to see more pics if you have them
Old 6th October 2010, 11:33   #23
BHPian

@aargee

I installed an automated system in my brain that if i see any cops in the distance then my speed will drop to 40 kays and made up my mind not to utter anything related to the ride when people at petrol bunks ask me where I was headed
btw I didn't do any trial runs and that was the biggest mistake. Blame it on the financial crisis, couldn't afford to waste money on petrol in trying to explore 1600+kms, I would rather buy a nice glove!

Unfortunately i don't have any more pics except the petrol bunk and ATM reciepts as I didn't find time.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I installed an automated system in my brain ...where I was headed
; Strongly agreed, it helps a lot to stay tight lipped instead of bragging around. Saves time, energy & most importantly helps remain focussed.

Quote:
btw I didn't do any trial runs and that was the biggest mistake.
Yes; but I'm glad you made it. Another friend of mine attempted & got into bike trouble after 60 Kms. He then planned well on all the breaks in advance & completed well within time.

One should take a tour on the route to be covered, learn the road well which also helps to determine if there are any speed barriers, especially with GQ such as NH5.

The one you took is absolute bliss & an excellent express highway. But did you know that bikers are issued fine on NH4-NH46-NH7 route as the speed limit is only 50 Kmph. However I haven't seen a single car being stopped even with speeds over 145 Kmph!!! Glad that the patrol didn't notice
Old 6th October 2010, 18:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

hats off to you, SIR! what you've achieved is simply outstanding.most of the petrol.heads would gift their ride a nice wash+polish or a new accessory but you, you took it to whole new level.this thread should get a 5-star rating and should be moved to "collection of best threads", watsay mods?
Old 6th October 2010, 18:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
hats off to you, SIR! what you've achieved is simply outstanding.most of the petrol.heads would gift their ride a nice wash+polish or a new accessory but you, you took it to whole new level.this thread should get a 5-star rating and should be moved to "collection of best threads", watsay mods?
Thank You Shyn! Glad you liked my trip log!
Old 6th October 2010, 19:14   #27
BHPian

My Man, My Man! What an absolutely amazing writeup! Felt every word like what you felt on your ride. You should get this published, maybe on a automobile mag, so more ppl can read it.

The writeup was all heart - only fierce desire can push one to ride amongst all odds. And riding on the highway at ton-up speeds with heavy rain is mighty tough. 24 hrs of riding, man, no words!

Salute!

Five Star thread.
Old 6th October 2010, 22:03   #28
BHPian

Awesome effort. Just cannot imagine the strain on your lower back over the course of the ride. Kudos to your will power

cheers
Old 6th October 2010, 22:28   #29
BHPian

Super effort...borderline crazy actually ! 1665 Kms on a bike in under 24 Hrs ! I'm lost for words here !
Old 7th October 2010, 01:36   #30
BHPian

You truly are Iron Butt my friend, cannot even imagine doing something like this. Truly mind blowing feat to achieve.

Kudos to you, Sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks