Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 12:16   #16
BHPian

Hello San

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Standard? I thought You made up your mind on Electra UCE. Whats your reasons for going for STD 350? It doesnt have Electric Start and Disk brakes. So Why?

regards
san
Here are my reasonings. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1.The standard and the classic 350/500 has the original Bullet look with the covered front shocks and all that. The electra and TB looks like road bikes with telescopic shocks and half mudguards.

2. Same engines for all 350s - same mileage.

3. Owners of bulls with electric start complaining of battery leakage/ drain.

4. I am not a fast rider and I think Disk brakes are not a must (am I wrong ?) More over Disk brakes needs proper care. The spacing between the disk and the pads is minute. A slight dent would make the whole thing go hay wire. My brother in law's dog likes to pee on the disk of his HH CBZ ! Destroyed the whole thing.

5. Crank weight of Bullet std in 10.5 and that of electra is somewhere around 8 kg. So I think Bullet standard will be more comfortable for city riding with less gear changes.
Above all I like the original bullet design of the Standard with the bullet logo on the tank. Even though I will miss the CI with the right hand shift, I can use the new wine in the old bottle !

Last edited by adrian : 9th November 2010 at 12:19.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:07   #17
BHPian

How much is the on road price difference between Std 350 & Classic 350? ( It should be between 15-20k) If it is acceptable to you better to go for CL 350. As we are accepting new technology better to for latest design also.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
How much is the on road price difference between Std 350 & Classic 350? ( It should be between 15-20k) If it is acceptable to you better to go for CL 350. As we are accepting new technology better to for latest design also.
Hi Alok,
On road price for Std 350 - Rs.93,470/- and that of CL 350- Rs.1,11,755/-. San reported a small difference in wheel size (18") in CL 350.The seats being saddle and pinion in the CL 350, it will be difficult to use for a family.
The main thing is that I like the orthodox Bullet design. As I said earlier the things I will miss in the new Bullet are :
1. Thump
2. Right hand gear with neutral selector lever
3. The manual Decompression procedure
Old 9th November 2010, 13:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
1.The standard and the classic 350/500 has the original Bullet look with the covered front shocks and all that. The electra and TB looks like road bikes with telescopic shocks and half mudguards.
Exactly my reason for taking Classic 350. In my case STD 350 UCE was not available at the time of my booking and also I required ES.

Quote:
2. Same engines for all 350s - same mileage.
Fuel efficiency depends on your riding pattern also - so No comments.

Quote:
3. Owners of bulls with electric start complaining of battery leakage/ drain.
Many Bulls have Battery problem and it need not be related to ES. Problems with many Classic owners here in Team-bhp has been with faulty Stock battery supplied by RE

Quote:
4. I am not a fast rider and I think Disk brakes are not a must (am I wrong ?) More over Disk brakes needs proper care. The spacing between the disk and the pads is minute. A slight dent would make the whole thing go hay wire. My brother in law's dog likes to pee on the disk of his HH CBZ ! Destroyed the whole thing.

Quote:
5. Crank weight of Bullet std in 10.5 and that of electra is somewhere around 8 kg. So I think Bullet standard will be more comfortable for city riding with less gear changes.
Very much wrong ! Both has same UCE 350cc engine with same crank weight. 10.5kg is the Crank weight of old CI engine manufactured after 2001 (?). (If STD has more crank weight, then its mileage will be less, so same mileage means same engine with same crank weight). Among the RE bikes, Classic 350 is most suited for city riding - smaller rear tyres gives quick acceleration, Short handle for stability and Electric start for easy stop and go in traffic lights.

Quote:
Above all I like the original bullet design of the Standard with the bullet logo on the tank. Even though I will miss the CI with the right hand shift, I can use the new wine in the old bottle !

regards
san
Old 9th November 2010, 18:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:

That point though debatable is applicable only to the older generation of Enfields which came with the Cast Iron engine. The actual crank weights were never released by RE. These weights were just what a large number of enthusiasts reported after being obsessed with the "heavy crank" thing.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Exactly my reason for taking Classic 350. In my case STD 350 UCE was not available at the time of my booking and also I required ES.
Fuel efficiency depends on your riding pattern also - so No comments.
Many Bulls have Battery problem and it need not be related to ES. Problems with many Classic owners here in Team-bhp has been with faulty Stock battery supplied by RE

Very much wrong ! Both has same UCE 350cc engine with same crank weight. 10.5kg is the Crank weight of old CI engine manufactured after 2001 (?). (If STD has more crank weight, then its mileage will be less, so same mileage means same engine with same crank weight). Among the RE bikes, Classic 350 is most suited for city riding - smaller rear tyres gives quick acceleration, Short handle for stability and Electric start for easy stop and go in traffic lights.

regards
san
Thanks for the support San. Didn't mean to horrify you with the disk thing. Just don't allow dogs to do leg raises near your bike and keep the surface of the disk free from oil and dirt and you will be fine. By the way did you take a mechanic with you at the time you took delivery of the bike ? and how much is the mileage of your blue monster?!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
That point though debatable is applicable only to the older generation of Enfields which came with the Cast Iron engine. The actual crank weights were never released by RE. These weights were just what a large number of enthusiasts reported after being obsessed with the "heavy crank" thing.
Hello Iron, my friend just overhauled his CI bullet and increased the crank weight during the process. The riding comfort has increased a great deal and could ride the bull at 20km/hr in 4th gear. Sad to hear that newbie bullets are having less crank weights.

Last edited by adrian : 10th November 2010 at 12:50.
Old 10th November 2010, 15:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the support San. Didn't mean to horrify you with the disk thing. Just don't allow dogs to do leg raises near your bike and keep the surface of the disk free from oil and dirt and you will be fine. By the way did you take a mechanic with you at the time you took delivery of the bike ? and how much is the mileage of your blue monster?!!
No Mechanics. Just pray to God Almighty for getting a good specimen . I am getting a mileage of just below 40 (38 ~ 39.77kmpl). But I ride a lot in busy city traffic (20kmph in 2nd gear). Overall I am happy with the mileage figures.

Mileage depends on the way you ride and differs from person to person. I had a Splendor which gave me consistent 63kmpl. I sold it to my Uncle and he easily gets 70kmpl

regards
san
Old 12th November 2010, 11:32   #23
BHPian

Hello friends

Thanks for every one who helped me and enlightened me. Have booked for Standard 350 UCE and here starts the waiting. Will post more details after I get my MACHINE !

Last edited by adrian : 12th November 2010 at 11:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks