Team-BHP - Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/92401-sammyboys-ninja-dream-fulfilled-2.html)

Congratulations... she looks stunning... ride safe :thumbs up

Once again a big Congo Sammyboy!!!

There is something in a ride which makes it so special compared to driving and only true blue riders like you and some of the gang here a true testimony to it.

Wish you many many miles of pure riding pleasure :thumbs up. A great step in restoring the city's lost colour lol!

Wow - your dream has finally come true !!clap:

Congrats, wishing you many many happy miles to come !

This calls for a short mini- meet one of the evenings !

Congratulations Sammy. She looks very stunning. Do keep writing about your ownership experiences and happy clocking miles on the Kwaker

And it has happened! :D

I knew exactly why you'd gone off the radar for the rest of the day after your replies in the Ninja thread! And I wouldn't be surprised if you go awfully silent for a few days in a row, now that you've acquired one of the best sports-bikes known to mankind!

Samarth, needless to say, she looks wonderful! And she looks even better, now that she's in your hands! Hearty congratulations, bro! We need to celebrate by meeting up!

Let's call for a Ninjas + Santro + Swift + Getz meet soon! :D

Samarth, congrats! i was surprised to see this thread, since i wasnt following this section much.

When do i get to see it? And, would you be retaining the Apache as well?

Congratulations on acquiring your dream Sammyboy.. enjoy your ride!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 2145540)
Congrats Sammy!
I can see you even got the same color as aditya's :)
Only if my dad permits i can fulfilll this dream too.
Ride safe and have fun!

Thanks a lot Harry. Aditya does have a big fan following amongst Ninja owners .

When I called my dad to tell him he remembered the poster and the bike very well as I used to keep pestering him to get it for me whenever it got launched.
Hope your dreams come true too bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2145543)
Wow!! Samarth ,
First of all congratulations for the Ninja!!!!
Looks great in green, but one question, when will you complete the run in, going by your report on the Apache!!!
COngrats again bro!! have fun.

Lol, thanks a lot Manish. The running in on the Ninja will be faster, much much faster . The Apache is at 2222.7kms :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhayshanu (Post 2145546)
Congratulations, will read everything now, it was your 180 which made me want a 180, then got a 220, now you get a ninja and I hope history doesnt repeat itself and I get something which you didnt.

Thanks a lot Abhay, i will be really happy to see you get the bike of your dreams whichever it may be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 2145572)

I hope the Ninja doesnt get the same treatment as the RTR & hope to see a higher number on ODO with every report(hopefully not after months but days).

Et tu Techno ? :D

Quote:

Heartiest Congratulations Sammy, Nice write up & a great bike, I am really happy to see this thread :)
Have a blast, Ride Safe, Keep Revvin & Keep us posted :)

Thanks a lot bro, it really feels awesome having done what I always wanted to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2145576)
Great news. Enjoy the green beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 2145589)
Heartfelt congratulations, Sammyboy! may the Ninja serve you well and wishing you lots of happy miles / hours and destinations!

I am in chennai, and we should definitely meet when I am back in Bangalore!

Ah, the elusive Mr. Iyer. Thanks a ton bro, will surely catch up once you are here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2145599)
Aah!!! So one more Greeny to add to the BLR list of Ninja gang!!! Good good; get a riding pants buddy, apart from DSG Nero.

Try getting rid of that inapproriately positioned front number plates & may be you want to get a sticker on the windshield.

Oh!!! I forgot - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS & enjoy your moments with Kwacker 250R.

Thanks a lot aargee. I did get a pair of kneepads, gloves and a new helmet and posted the pics in the gear thread. Will get the pants in the next stage I guess. Cant afford anything else this month and for a lot of months to come.

Congrats again Sammy. Wishing you many years of happy riding. clap:

Where's the new lid bro?

Quote:

hope to see a higher number on ODO with every report (hopefully not after months but days).

+1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 2145696)

I agree. Long time since i had those chicken rolls. :)

Heartiest congratulations Sammy. You have waited a real long time to get the bike of your dreams. I hope this spurs others (including me) to not get disheartened soon.

Cheers and have a wonderful riding and owner ship experience.

Enjoy the beast.

One day :D One day! I too will post this, that I bought one!

Congrats Sammy, I feel you, many years ago...at half of the age what I am now Bajaj announced it was going to release the 250zzr. Boy were we kids pumped then, after all those painful years it was finally released in India, funny back then I did not have the $ to buy this bike, now when I have the $ I am still contemplating. :Frustrati

It was nice to see a mention about your wife, if your wife is the approver, nothing will stop us from buying such exotics. Your 17years wait has finally ended. Looking forward to a few pictures and a good report. Ride safe...

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2145608)
Congratulations sammyboy on your new acquisition. No words are enough for the beauty of the machine. All I can say is Paint the town Green :D

Ride safe.:)

Thanks a lot //M. I completely agree, I just cant find words to express what I feel when I ride the Ninja.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2145609)
Almost 25 yrs since I first heard about Kawasaki. Their tie up with Bajaj and the then upcoming KB100. Was supposed to be based on the Ninja. Nah, I dont think the Ninja part was even remotely true.

Sammy, feel happy for you. That classic Kawasaki green beauty. Congrats, and may your dream remain with you always. But no more as a dream.

" Out of my dreams, right into my life "

Thanks a lot Condor, yeah they have really made us wait and how.
Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2145609)
" Out of my dreams, right into my life "

Only a motorhead could have quoted that song for this occasion :D .
Is so true now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 2145613)
Congrats sammyboy. I've dreamt of owning a Ninja since I was in college back in the 80s. Hope to make my dream come true some day. But unlike your wife, my better half doesn't really approve of bikes so it will be a tough fight to convince her.

Have asked for a test ride. :D

Have fun with the Kwacker and ride safe.

Best regards,

Thanks a lot R2D2. Tell you what, just take her to the showroom and let her see the bike for a while. Then take her along on the short TD as well, it will work wonders. All the best man, hope to see another Ninja join us soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valhallen.282 (Post 2145619)
Congrats sammyboy on your new acquisition. The urge to open that throttle will drown you in want but keep it below that limit and patience will be rewarded with fruit dreams are made of!

Best of luck, enjoy, ride safe and I will see you on the streets!

Cheers Aditya.

Thanks a lot Aditya. God knows its tough to keep ambling at 40-60 kmph when everyone on puny TVS50s zips around you and gives you looks saying, "what a nerd, cant even ride" . But the Ninja does test self control to a great extent, and this from a guy who has only done 30 kms on it , lol, Only 770 kms to go for the first phase of run in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCelestial (Post 2145620)
Ah a fresh,new,green Ninja. Brings back memories of the day when I got the delivery.
Congrats Sammyboy.And yes, enjoy the attention , you'll soon get used to itclap:

Thanks a lot TheCelestial, it really is an attention magnet. I got to meet neighbors I have hardly spoken to, within the first 5 minutes of reaching the apartment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2145628)
Congratulations Sammy :)

Finish the run in ASAP. (Do Bangy-Chennai run once).

^Million $$$ question, what happens to the old menace?

Thanks Sheel. Completing the run in is the first priority.
The Menace stays with me man, cant go grocery shopping on the Ninja now, can we? :-))

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 2145649)
Congrats Sammy!! That is a great bike.

Good report. Will be glued to the thread for more updates.

You seem to be tall. Do you find the riding position comfortable?

Thanks a lot PatienceWins. I am not too tall, just 5'8" but the Ninja is perfect for my height. Both my feet touch the ground comfortably and the riding position isnt very agressive. The seat does feel comfortable, though only a long ride will show its true effect on my backside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi_xx (Post 2145657)
Congratulations... she looks stunning... ride safe

Thanks a lot Ravi. She's really eye candy, for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVH (Post 2145658)
Once again a big Congo Sammyboy!!!

There is something in a ride which makes it so special compared to driving and only true blue riders like you and some of the gang here a true testimony to it.

Wish you many many miles of pure riding pleasure . A great step in restoring the city's lost colour lol!

Thank you so much JVH. You are so right about the riding and driving thing.

Robert Pirsig mentions the same thing in the "Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance" when he says that " When you are in a car you get to see everything around you, but you do not get to feel it or smell it. It is as if you are looking at it through a picture frame. The motorcycle on the other hand you get to feel, see, touch, and hear everything around you. Every bump in the road you feel, every cold breeze you feel"

Doesnt mean I love the car any less, Its just different.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 2145696)
Wow - your dream has finally come true !!clap:

Congrats, wishing you many many happy miles to come !

Thanks a lot Nirmal. Meets on for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 (Post 2145699)
Congratulations Sammy. She looks very stunning. Do keep writing about your ownership experiences and happy clocking miles on the Kwaker

Thanks rrahul. Sure thing, I will keep the log updated and the meter moving. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2145702)
And it has happened! :D

I knew exactly why you'd gone off the radar for the rest of the day after your replies in the Ninja thread! And I wouldn't be surprised if you go awfully silent for a few days in a row, now that you've acquired one of the best sports-bikes known to mankind!

Samarth, needless to say, she looks wonderful! And she looks even better, now that she's in your hands! Hearty congratulations, bro! We need to celebrate by meeting up!

Let's call for a Ninjas + Santro + Swift + Getz meet soon! :D

lolzzzz, thanks a lot bro. Yeah man, I just cant get my eyes and hands off it. Its so awesome, And its in my drawing room. Will post pics :D

Meets On man, we should plan one soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2145740)
Samarth, congrats! i was surprised to see this thread, since i wasnt following this section much.

When do i get to see it? And, would you be retaining the Apache as well?

Heyy Ben, thanks a lot man. Been ages since I saw you, lets catch up sometime at the same place as last time and I will get the Ninja.

The Apache stays man, shopping cart ;-))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick5490 (Post 2145756)
Congratulations on acquiring your dream Sammyboy.. enjoy your ride!!

Thank you so much for the wishes Maverick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2145777)
Congrats again Sammy. Wishing you many years of happy riding. clap:

Where's the new lid bro?

+1.
I agree. Long time since i had those chicken rolls. :)

Thanks a lot man, you have been the "tipping point" for this plunge. :D
Took the new lid out in the evening as I wasnt sure how it would feel, especially on the new bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiren.mistry (Post 2145791)
Heartiest congratulations Sammy. You have waited a real long time to get the bike of your dreams. I hope this spurs others (including me) to not get disheartened soon.

Cheers and have a wonderful riding and owner ship experience.

Thanks a lot Hiren. Dont worry about it man, I am sure your dream will come true too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2145794)
Enjoy the beast.

One day :D One day! I too will post this, that I bought one!

Thanks a lot jk, look forward to your post soon :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 2145796)
Congrats Sammy, I feel you, many years ago...at half of the age what I am now Bajaj announced it was going to release the 250zzr. Boy were we kids pumped then, after all those painful years it was finally released in India, funny back then I did not have the $ to buy this bike, now when I have the $ I am still contemplating. :Frustrati

It was nice to see a mention about your wife, if your wife is the approver, nothing will stop us from buying such exotics. Your 17years wait has finally ended. Looking forward to a few pictures and a good report. Ride safe...

Thanks downsouth. Yeah, its been a real long wait but I guess having launched it while we can still ride a bike, Bajaj has redeemed itself.
Take a test ride man, that will really help you make a decision. You cant just forget all those years and dreams. All the best man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2145525)
I was amazed how natural it felt. I felt like I have been riding this bike all my life. Its beautifully balanced, the engine is extremely smooth and makes you feel like you are a part of it. Never have I ever felt so comfortable riding a bike within the first two seconds.

I had the exact same feeling when I rode a friend's Ninja for a long distance for the first time!

Congrats man and waiting for a review and more yummy pics from you :)