Team-BHP - Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/92401-sammyboys-ninja-dream-fulfilled.html)

I found tbhp while desperately looking for information on the Ninja.
One of my first threads at tbhp was to take advice from our beloved RTech on the ZZR250/400.

Everything I could possibly discuss about the Ninja is documented all over tbhp.

Today I fulfill my dream, a dream which adorned the almirah next to my bed, the first thing I saw when I got up and the last thing I saw while going off to sleep. A dream I had since I saw the Ninja zzr250 at the 2nd Auto expo, has been fulfilled thanks to my beloved wife and motivation from from friends made at tbhp.

I don't really have words to express what I feel. Thank you is all I can manage :)

Here goes today's experience:

I got delivery of the bike at 5:30 pm from the Probiking Showroom at Indiranagar. Until then, I had ridden as a pillion with Aditya for a short duration and that was the only first hand experience I had had with it.

I sat on the bike and thumbed the starter, the bike came to life and I felt like I just got struck by lightning. All the dreams I had accumulated over the last 17 years just flashed through my eyes in an instant.

Pressed the clutch and put it into gear, smooth. Slowly released the clutch and got the bike out of the basement on to the road.

I was amazed how natural it felt. I felt like I have been riding this bike all my life. Its beautifully balanced, the engine is extremely smooth and makes you feel like you are a part of it. Never have I ever felt so comfortable riding a bike within the first two seconds.

My wife then sat on the pillion, she is about 5'6" but I still had to tilt the bike to allow her to perch herself on the throne. We rode from there to the Bajaj service station where we were to be briefed by the service manager. After completing that formality, we had to go and get it filled with Speed/Shell unleaded. It had only 3.5L of fuel and it is recommended to keep it above 5L so I chose to go to the closest pump next to Leela on Old Airport Road.
6 pm and there was quite a lot of traffic on the road but the Ninja never made me feel like this was its maiden ride. The only issue I was afraid was that of the bike getting heated up. It did but not too much. The temp remained under the red area.

Then I took a shortcut to go back home on OMR and met some of Bangalore's famous speed breakers. But another surprise was in store for me. Even though there were two people on the bike, it didnt touch a single speed breaker. Even the one which I have scraped on the Menace.

One thing is there for sure, it does get you a lot of attention with everyone staring, wanting to touch and sometimes coming too close for comfort though.

Went for another short ride after dinner. Not much to report other than that it was awesome :-)

As of now the Ninja has done 30kms and I will be maintaining the 4K rpm limit until 800 kms. Have been given some tips from Aditya on running in and knowing him, I know i am in safe hands.

The light is fantastic even in low beam and lights up the road very well.

The Ninja is in the house. No, really it is :D Its parked in my drawing room and I am not kidding. I dont have the alarm and cover yet and until I do Its gonna stay here.

More to come as the days pass by.

Here are the pics now.

Congrats Sammy!
I can see you even got the same color as aditya's :)
Only if my dad permits i can fulfilll this dream too.
Ride safe and have fun!

Wow!! Samarth ,
First of all congratulations for the Ninja!!!!
Looks great in green, but one question, when will you complete the run in, going by your report on the Apache!!! ;)
COngrats again bro!! have fun.

Congratulations, will read everything now, it was your 180 which made me want a 180, then got a 220, now you get a ninja and I hope history doesnt repeat itself and I get something which you didnt.

Heartiest Congratulations Sammy, Nice write up & a great bike, I am really happy to see this thread :)

Quote:

As of now the Ninja has done 30kms
I hope the Ninja doesnt get the same treatment as the RTR & hope to see a higher number on ODO with every report(hopefully not after months but days).

Have a blast, Ride Safe, Keep Revvin & Keep us posted :)

Great news. Enjoy the green beast.

Heartfelt congratulations, Sammyboy! may the Ninja serve you well and wishing you lots of happy miles / hours and destinations!

I am in chennai, and we should definitely meet when I am back in Bangalore!

Aah!!! So one more Greeny to add to the BLR list of Ninja gang!!! Good good; get a riding pants buddy, apart from DSG Nero.

Try getting rid of that inapproriately positioned front number plates & may be you want to get a sticker on the windshield.

Oh!!! I forgot - CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS & enjoy your moments with Kwacker 250R.

Congratulations sammyboy on your new acquisition. No words are enough for the beauty of the machine. All I can say is Paint the town Green :D

Ride safe.:)

Almost 25 yrs since I first heard about Kawasaki. Their tie up with Bajaj and the then upcoming KB100. Was supposed to be based on the Ninja. Nah, I dont think the Ninja part was even remotely true.

Sammy, feel happy for you. That classic Kawasaki green beauty. Congrats, and may your dream remain with you always. But no more as a dream.

" Out of my dreams, right into my life "

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2145525)
Today I fulfill my dream, a dream which adorned the almirah next to my bed, the first thing I saw when I got up and the last thing I saw while going off to sleep. A dream I had since I saw the Ninja zzr250 at the 2nd Auto expo, has been fulfilled thanks to my beloved wife and motivation from from friends made at tbhp.

Congrats sammyboy. I've dreamt of owning a Ninja since I was in college back in the 80s. Hope to make my dream come true some day. But unlike your wife, my better half doesn't really approve of bikes so it will be a tough fight to convince her.

Have asked for a test ride. :D

Have fun with the Kwacker and ride safe.

Best regards,

Congrats sammyboy on your new acquisition. The urge to open that throttle will drown you in want but keep it below that limit and patience will be rewarded with fruit dreams are made of!

Best of luck, enjoy, ride safe and I will see you on the streets!

Cheers Aditya.

Ah a fresh,new,green Ninja. Brings back memories of the day when I got the delivery.
Congrats Sammyboy.And yes, enjoy the attention , you'll soon get used to itclap:

Congratulations Sammy :)

Finish the run in ASAP. (Do Bangy-Chennai run once).

^Million $$$ question, what happens to the old menace?

Congrats Sammy!! That is a great bike.

Good report. Will be glued to the thread for more updates.

You seem to be tall. Do you find the riding position comfortable?