Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Help in fixing a dented tank....

Hey Brothers,

My Rampiyari (pulsar 150 dtsi v2)recently went through an unfortunate event for being crashed by a friend. And even my pockets took a good hit.The handle bent, forks gone, and my complete front brake assembly went for a toss. Most of it i have taken care of with help of the trusted Reddy (Most of the mumbai guys know about him), but unfortunately my baby's tank has got a pretty huge dent on it which i am looking forward to getting fixed. Now asked a couple of guys around and they are charging me around 600 Rs for the dent job along with patch work. Looking to seek help with some recommendations, tried and tested will be all the more good.
Awaiting all your invaluable comments.
Thanks in advance.
Dicky_GT
Mods please do merge if an already existing thread was unable to search for one and did not wanted to hijack somebody elses thread.
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:33   #2
BHPian

Sorry to hear that bro. You could get the denting done but only if the dent isnt too big. If its anything more than the size of a palm, id suggest replacing the tank because with that size, the paints gonna Chip/flake, adding to cost of painting. Else u could head to Cst Road kurla, i got a pulsar tank for around 400 bux without any dings/dents and get it painted so the risk of a leakage in future is avoided. Urs is a V2 so around 4-5yrs old? In that case i would suggest u change it. FYI a new tank from BAL comes for 3k. Good luck.
Old 2nd December 2010, 18:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

@Dicky - Its Pulsar right? Go for a new tank, not worth repairing the dent & then repainting it. Sell the old tank to some scrap value that might fetch the price of dent job as such; Buy a new tank & have peace of mind.
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:30   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the advice guys, it is a pretty huge tank definately bigger than the palm size. Will have it replaced only then rather than investing in a patch job and settling for something that does not feel perfect.
Old 5th December 2010, 12:30   #5
BANNED

But dents(in tanks) can be repaired by filling air inside it. Forgot the technical name for the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks