Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 13:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Bajaj Calibre Resale value?

Hi Guys,
got it serviced at a local shop, Replaced engine oil filter,engine oil, brake shoe, sprocket rubbber & bearing got a bill of Rs.900. I spoke with the bike shop guy, he said that it will go for 12 to 13k if I plan to sell it. Interesting got a buyer as well, a 4 wheel driver in my apartment complex is interested, I am yet to make him an offer thou. He is keen for it because of mileage, and good condition. Lets see how it goes.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Old 28th December 2010, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hope you get a decent deal ! I sold my dad's Caliber for 12.5k a couple of years back! It had 46-47 k on odo , and was 98 make ! Anything around this will be a good deal . Remember , quote a little reasonably higher , as the person will bargain ! Best of luck
Old 28th December 2010, 14:30   #18
BHPian

12 to 13k is reasonable to expect. I have been offered 12k for my Caliber 115, which is a 2003 model with 99k kms. I do not plan to sell it.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:13   #19
BHPian

Hi Guys, I got a buyer and he is willing to pay 11k for it. The same driver guy who took some time to arrange for his finances and also get a 2 wheeler license, funny this guys never had a 2 wheeler license and all this while he was driving one borrowed from someone. I pushed him saying that I wont sell it unless he gets a license first with proper address.

Now I was almost about to complete the sale but there is a issue now. Please help me out here with your valuable suggestions. I had bought this bike in 1999 june This was under finance and it got cleared in 2000 Dec and hypotheciation was removed from bajaj finance, and in 2001 feb i was supposed to relocate to A.P, so I took a NOC from the RTO Indiranagar. But never asked for nay road tax refund. But situation also changed and I was not going to relocate to A.P for good. But I never cancelled my NOC, and I still got my insurance done and continued using it in bangalore and even paid traffic fines.

I know it was a mistake on my part to not to get it cancelled then itself, so what can be done now to resolve the issue. Is there any fine to drive without cancelling the NOC, as I never got the road tax back and its stil paid full in karnataka.
Now if i want to sell it, is it a big hassle to cancel the NOC and sell it.
Would the RTO ask me to prove that I never took the vehicle out of karnataka in the first place.

Last edited by samsan02 : 22nd February 2011 at 12:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks