Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 14:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

So chullan, do you have PR status in Singapore? Are you allowed to vote? What's your favourite brand of chewing gum?

Jeez, I hate it when these NRI types start to put down India.
Old 5th January 2006, 16:10   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
So chullan, do you have PR status in Singapore? Are you allowed to vote? What's your favourite brand of chewing gum?

Jeez, I hate it when these NRI types start to put down India.
well am not interested in startin a debate... so i dun prefer to answer to these...
Old 5th January 2006, 16:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chullan_no1
if u wanna compare india with singapore.... tht will b like M800 with a Pagani Zonda...( i know sing not so good as a Bugatti)
I would rather drive my OWN M800 than be the neighbour of the zonda owner...
Lets look at it this way, singapore is like an aquarium and india is like the Dal lake. Which do u think is easier to manage?
Its all in the economy of scale buddy.
Old 5th January 2006, 17:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
I agree Conan. Be it ever so underpowered, there's no ride like home!
Old 6th January 2006, 13:07   #20
BANNED

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2010 at 19:30.
Old 9th January 2006, 20:29   #21
BHPian

Well who the hell even started this debate... U know once a friend's dad made a really nice comment... He was coming from London and during immigration at mumbai airport there were these few indian students who had been abroad only for like 2-3 years and they were passing really sad remarks about Indian condition and the dust and dirt and etccc and etccc and how good it is in the US and Europe..
He made a very simple remark which made such an impact...
He said " 2 years of ass wipping by paper made then forget 20 years of clealiness by water.. Water being more hygenic they prefer to go for paper and talk about clealiness in India... Why dont they look at personal cleanliness before talking about Indian conditions"
No offense to anyone but just reminded me of that remark so penned it down...
Cheersssssss
Old 12th January 2006, 18:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Bajaj. Heard Bajaj has even reached America with the Gulsar, LOL.

Off Topic - But isint the 800 better then the Pagani Zonda in terms of FE, Price, Seating, Space, More Doors and Ownership Cost, brand Name and realiable too??
Old 15th March 2006, 10:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

While I was in Sing, I did a calculation on how much it would cost me to buy a Hyundai Accent there. It came to a cool Rs 18 lakhs !! (Never mind that there are no roads long enough to drive on).

So, We Indians are better off when it comes to cars.. Imagine u can buy a D segment car in India for the price of a C segment in Sing!
Old 15th March 2006, 12:52   #24
BHPian

The Bajaj Pulsar is so popular in Latin America, especially Argentina, that a Chinese motorcycle mfg. company is marketing a clone of the Pulsar - called the Gulsar! Check out their site (link below).
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

http://www.chinamotorcycleparts.com/motor/
Old 15th March 2006, 18:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Lets look at it this way, singapore is like an aquarium and india is like the Dal lake. Which do u think is easier to manage?
Its all in the economy of scale buddy.
Kya baat hai!! All eyes on India.
Old 6th September 2010, 19:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2010 at 19:31.
VeluM is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2010, 16:12   #27
BHPian

There is no comparison between singapore and India, India is an emerging world super power. (Dunno how long it'll take though)
India can literally buy Singapore, We lag behind Singapore in development due to the rampant corruption in our country and nothing else.
Good things about singapore is the people are proud of their country and maintain it that way, Try bribing a police officer and you'll find out.
The government actually thinks about it's people before making policies unlike our country. They are held accountable and they deliver.
Singapore is smaller than Mumbai and its suburbs put together so there is no comparison with India, Its in discipline and honesty that they beat us hands down.
If you walk in Singapore you'll see plenty of pulsars around, mostly 200.
A beginner needs 1 yr experience on 200 or less cc bike before he can graduate to 200cc + bikes hence I think 220 has not made it here.
The most popular 200cc + bike is the Honda CB400 (inline 4).
The most popular 200 cc - Bike is the Yamaha RxZ 135- 6speed 17bhp(not sure about power) It is still available brand new.
Pulsars are favourites here due to the mileage they return. If you surf on singaporebike forums then you'll realise that though there is a loyal following for the pulsar even these people complain about the quality issues.
And a friend told me that a new pulsar retails @ 7-8K Sin $,
1 Sin$ = 32 -34 INR. (That is due to the COE tax levied here on every vehicle)

Though it makes me proud of Bajaj, they have not been able to address the quality issues.
I hope this helps . If I have mentioned any incorrect information please do correct. I work in Singapore currently.

- Harshad
Old 13th September 2010, 16:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm I've even seen a XCD125 in Hougang. Ridden by a guy of Indian Origin. Was riding myself so couldnt snap a pic :(

Earliest Pulsar i've seen here is a DTSi V1 180cc. Seen a few RTR180s with malaysian number plates.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 13th September 2010 at 16:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks