Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 10:31   #1
BHPian

CBZ X-Tream vs Unicorn Dazzler

We have decided to bring home a new bike for my brother (engineering student). We have shortlisted Hero Honda CBZ X-Tream and Honda Unicorn Dazzler.

I drive a Unicorn myself and I am very happy with it. Like to go with Honda again but my wify is vetoing on bringing one more of the same kind.

Considering HHs wide service network and reputation I am fine with CBZ too.. but still heart says Unicorn. My brother has taken test drive on both the vehicles and is happy with both of them and still undecided.

Bajaj and TVS are ruled out, I have bad experience with both of them. Please help me with your valuable suggestions.
Old 27th January 2011, 13:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: CBZ X-Tream vs Unicorn Dazzler

Dazzler will be a better option since it has rear disc brake and sort. Its also a new model. Honda is yet to catch up the a.s.s of HH though; a big issues in many places but guess its only a matter of time.

And its X-treme.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2011, 14:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Dazzler. Looks are subjective but still, the looks are quite appealing. It now comes with the fancy features which were missing in the old unicorn like digital odo/speedo, tank panels etc. IIRC it also comes with a rear disc but not too sure. So Dazzler is a good choice.

The X-treme is claimed to be not as refined as the Unicorn mill though both share the same engine. Could be the state of tune by HH.

Happy choosing!!
Old 28th January 2011, 23:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Honda dazzler is the right choice for you. It is new model and loaded with more features than CBZ xtreme. CBZ is getting old now and merely sticker jobs wont do any good. Since the Hero and Honda have split up the resale value, after sales service would be an issue.
Old 29th January 2011, 17:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Though both share the same engine ,I would say its the Dazzler to go for .This is anytime a better bike in terms of features( Rear disc brakes,instrument panel,tubless tires ,wider tires ,monoshock rear suspension) and even the FE is supposedly better than the CBZ .
Old 29th January 2011, 19:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
engineering student
Dazzler looks so much better, and has much more status than the slow selling CBZ X-Treme! Being a college student, I dont think your brother would enjoy owning a CBZ X-Treme, as much as he would like to show off the Dazzler!

Not to mention, the amount of CBZ X-tremes out there with one alloy wheel black and one alloy wheel red, completly spoils the status of the bike!
Old 29th January 2011, 23:26   #7
BHPian

Go for the Dazzler...no doubts in there
Old 31st January 2011, 09:20   #8
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Good to see Dazzler being the Unanimous choice here. Thanks for your suggestions.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]One thing that’s making me think twice about Honda is their *** in Bangalore. The authorized service stations are unable to fix very small issues like squeaky sounds near rear suspension and fork assembly adjustments. I have to tell them the problem and also the remedy. The service managers crib to give vehicle for a test drive before payment is made for the service.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I should say a bike like Unicorn is a gem in the hands of monkeys (Honda authorized service stations)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]This weekend had a test drive of the CBZ, the refinement and the road grip offered by Unicorn was missing. Also felt vehicle is shorter in height than Unicorn, could find a comfortable driving position as I do with Unicorn. Maybe I am spoiled by Unicorn and its grace at doing things perfectly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Looks like a dazzler would be joining us, would take a decision is a week or two after my brother comes back from his college holidays.[/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks