Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 23:00   #31
BHPian

would like to add some more bits ...

i think its high time that online/ offline communities like ours ( also RSA, X-bhp, Roadshakers etc ) should organise some kind of awareness campaigns in colleges / educational institutions. These will help not only in promoting use of helmets etc but also induce/increase "traffic sense" ( which we all lack in some extent ... no offence !! )

@sajo :
dont know the location - tried finding out myself but could not.

Also, I was expecting some kind of address to all the students by principal of our college -- but nothing of that sort has taken place....
Old 6th January 2006, 23:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
Also, I was expecting some kind of address to all the students by principal of our college -- but nothing of that sort has taken place....
Paddyism? If I say here what I think of the powers that be in our college, it will earn me an instant ban.

Last edited by sajo : 6th January 2006 at 23:45.
Old 7th January 2006, 03:09   #33
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
What is a protest going to achieve?
Quote:
protesting is not the solution to this\such type of problems. Remember that whatever we want to change in the system, we have to start from ourselves.
I really feel (^&(HFR(*& when i see such posts!!.

This boy was killed because of loose wires hanging on the street which was due to negligence of government employees / MSEB employees . Isn't this enough reason to dismisses those officials who are incharge of the area ?

AND government is not going to take any action on this without PROTEST !!

Yes, wearing Helmet is necessary but what about those wires !!!!

What about compensation to his family?????

GUYS it was wires who hit his chest broken his lungs and caused puncture in his heart resulting in death. In this situation Helmet Shouldn't have saved his life !!!

WAKE UP !!!!

Geez, people of India really need to wake up and start fighting for their rights.
Old 7th January 2006, 06:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Max, I think you just read the first line of my post. Here is the full version:

Quote:
What is a protest going to achieve? The mayor or whichever government official recieves the protestors will offer his condolences, ask them to give him a written petition and that petition will be used the next morning when the mayor goes to the bathroom. IF the government is serious about unnecessary loss of young lives and if they really want to turn India into a first world country, then they should not need any protest or petition to improve things.
And this is my earlier post:

Quote:
But how long is this callousness going to go on? Isn't there anyway in which the government can be held responsible for such unnecessary deaths? Forget about his racing, those loose wires hanging out like that are a death trap for anyone. Sad part is nothing is going to change. Go back there after a week and those wires will be still be hanging. How many such freak accidents have we heard about and seen? Trucks carrying long poles with a dirty maroon rag of a excuse warning road users is one example. So many cars have had these poles crash through the windshield and killing people. So many times these poles have gone through the head's of bikers splitting their brians out. How many such young lives is this country going to loose without realising the loss? Worst is when accident victims lie writhing on the road and bleed to death because this "economic powerhorse and global superpower" doesn't have any emergency service to show for itself and it's citizens. If these things happened anywhere else, the government would have had their pants sued off. For all the increasing literacy, growing economy , increasing richness of it's people, India remains a barbaric country and I don't see any change in that status for a long time.

As an Indian it shames me to know that I will get better medical response in the event of an accident in Canada then I ever could imagine in my OWN country.
As much as i hate that last paragraph I put in, it is true and I guess that makes me hate that para even more!

Having said that, I agree with kanitkar. There is a saying, "when you point fingers at someone, 4 point towards you". Of course, this doesn't mean the government is acquitted of it's negligence.
Old 7th January 2006, 10:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Its difficult for the parents to bear the death of their son at this age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
www.xhp.com is shut till jan 6th to pay homage ....
Way to go.

Tried to log on to their website to visit the homage page, but it asks for registration. Moderators has done their best to its member
Old 7th January 2006, 13:47   #36
BHPian

Well in another bike forum I did read about his accident and it is a pitty that such a nice and a talented young guy would pass away..............just trying to imaging the state of his family members.................

It would be so difficlut for them to take this?????

May his soul "Rest In Peace"!
Old 7th January 2006, 13:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

some overlooked facts

Quote:
protesting is not the solution to this\such type of problems. Remember that whatever we want to change in the system, we have to start from ourselves.................................................. . instead of blaming the authorities, its better to take responsibilty of our safety while driving, into our hands.
nicely said Hrishi.

Also I would like to add some overlooked facts

1. the student who lost his life was driving fast (both stories posted earlier point to same thing)
2. it was his collage road, so he was aware of the loose wires
3. he wasn't wearing helmet
4. those loose wires aren't razor sharp, if those wires went through his chest, then you can imagine how fast he must be riding
5. those poles aren't exactly dead in middle of road, they are on side of road where road expansion has taken place

I do belive that goverment should start taking action & all but in this incident student was at fault 100% no doubt.
Old 7th January 2006, 13:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

This boy was killed because of loose wires hanging on the street which was due to negligence of government employees / MSEB employees . Isn't this enough reason to dismisses those officials who are incharge of the area ?

GUYS it was wires who hit his chest broken his lungs and caused puncture in his heart resulting in death. In this situation Helmet Shouldn't have saved his life !!!

WAKE UP !!!!

Geez, people of India really need to wake up and start fighting for their rights.
read my earlier post before making any dramatic statements
it was fault of student period.
adding mad smileys doesn't make your point correct
Old 7th January 2006, 18:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

WAKE UP !!!!

@max,
no offence, but we take the same road everyday to college and everyone is well aware of the overall condition of that road - i bet if anyone ( riding a bike or a car ) would drive at speeds like 50 -60KPH on the same road. if possible i will post a few snaps of the spot where the incident took place... after you look at the road, you'll understand what i mean to say.

I am not trying to say that this accident could have been avoided just by use of helmet but its use would definitely make one drive safely [ by causing dis-comfort to the biker --- ( yeah i know this sounds crazy but some people actually feel that way ) or by inducing atleast a bit of responsibility for safe riding.. ]

and btw, today i had a talk with local corporator - the road which we take everyday to college was illegal until last year - people from nearby area had it laid on their own and using it ( it was a kaccha rasta for a long time ). it was included into the DP of that area after a builder started his project near out college. may be this is the 1st reason why those MSEB poles are located in the middle of the road.
Old 7th January 2006, 20:34   #40

Quote:

if possible i will post a few snaps of the spot where the incident took place... after you look at the road, you'll understand what i mean to say.
plz it would enlighten the situation & will put hold to speculations...
Old 7th January 2006, 23:51   #41
Max
BHPian

Quote:
@max,
and btw, today i had a talk with local corporator - the road which we take everyday to college was illegal until last year - people from nearby area had it laid on their own and using it ( it was a kaccha rasta for a long time ). it was included into the DP of that area after a builder started his project near out college. may be this is the 1st reason why those MSEB poles are located in the middle of the road.
whatever, its government / MSEB employees responsibility to remove damn polls if they are laying around or in the middle of the road or the road should not be there at all. We need to stop taking things lightly and stop favouring these blood sucking babus and give them little shakeups so that they should understand their responsibilities and implement them wisely. btw, most of the government employees don't deserve to be there on first place.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th January 2006 at 00:12.
Old 9th January 2006, 08:39   #42

Wow thats 1 bad way to get killed.
I sincerely feel sorry for him.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

A lot of us do crazy stuff at times. It is sad that this student was unlucky enough to get killed. As a panrent I know I would be distraught even if it was my son's fault. Let's not debate whose fault it is and sympatise with family and if possible ensure that something like this does not happen again.

Anyone taking up the matter with the people who built (and maintain) the road in question?
Old 9th January 2006, 15:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hmm lot has been said, & there isnt for me to say much. But some clarifications, He was overtaking a vehicle, hit the wire, the wire snapped & he got entangled in it, the wire did not cut through him, he got squeezed.

He was a dear friend & I still cant belive that he is no more. I would appreciate if no further postmortem is done on what, how, why & whose fault it was, I have already been to the place where his body was undergoing one.

But yes This definetly gives out a message to everyone.
Please Ride\Drive safe guys and follow safety guidelines

@cbr1000f : Nice thread you found to comment on people's sensibilities
Old 9th January 2006, 15:53   #45
Team-BHP Support

Technocrat, I agree too much has been said. Very little is being done. It is time this thread is closed, the matter laid to rest and something be done instead.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks