Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:43   #1

Kawasaki Ninja or Honda CBR 250 R or Suzuki GW 250???

Hi all.. am looking to buy a entry level sports bike and considered the Karizma ZMR, Pulsar 220, R15 for a while. Now, with the introduction of a series of 250 cc bikes from Japanese motor-cycle gurus I am not able to make a choice between Kawasaki Ninja and Honda CBR 250..and also the yet to be finalised Suzuki GW 250.

I am slightly bent towards the honda.. any suggestions???
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja or Honda CBR 250 R or Suzuki GW 250???

Kawasaki Ninja.... if you can afford

Honda CBR 250....surprise winner of hearts

R15...still for game
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

People are having lots of expectations from Honda CBR 250. The attractive pricing along with Honda reliability are big plus for this bike and this will be a value for money 250CC bike. Only concern is how Honda SVC handles after sales service.
When we have a Honda 250 CC bike at much lower price than the Ninja then I will prefer a Honda any day. Refer this thread for more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...d-cbr250r.html

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd March 2011 at 00:26.
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:40   #4
BHPian

If budget permits Kawasaki Ninja anyday. Twin cylinder can not beat single cylinder engine. Ninja is very well proved bike for almost 10 years. The only advantage I see with CBR250 is the ABS breaks.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:06   #5

I am going to do a lot on in-city riding during weekdays and highway miles in the weekends. Which one of the three will be more suited for this??
Old 24th March 2011, 23:16   #6
BHPian

Hmmm I am just going to say what I would go for and why. Suzuki NO. not comfortable with it. Heart would always go Ninja! Considering my age and vision mind would say Honda. Apart from that, Hondas are more forgiving, more reliable. If there was an option for two bikes, It would be Ninja and Honda. On a serious note I think it is not fair to compare the Ninja and the Honda. They are very different bikes for very different riders. I do wish I was 18 now.
Old 24th March 2011, 23:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

It would not be prudent to write of the honda,from what i read in international reviews,the honda is brilliant.Its like a every honda,perfect and bang on the money.

There was a review i read which was written by someone who usually tests 600cc bikes so he was a bit apprehensive about whether the cbr250 would be an anticlimax of sorts,but he said after an entire days of riding that the bike was lots of fun,and would be able to cruise on the highways at 120 without breaking a sweat.And top class mechanicals too.

The suzuki would be better of for a more comfortable riding position and in city driving.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:28   #8
BHPian

The CBR250R is not out yet, I think you should take a test ride only then you could take a call on which one to choose between the Ninja or the CBR250. The Suzuki is still a rumor there has been no official confirmations yet. Nope I would not believe a FB entry as official.

I will give you 3 reason why you should go with each bike.

CBR250R
Affordable and bang for the buck
Its got C-ABS probably more safe
Perfect for commuting, touring and the occasional track day.

Ninja 250R
True sports bike
Perfect for the track
You will get better service

The choice is yours finally, my advise wait for the test ride for the CBR then take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Twin cylinder can not beat single cylinder engine.
Sir, what exactly did you mean by this statement?

Last edited by downsouth : 25th March 2011 at 09:31.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:35   #9
BHPian

Nothing Beat the Ninja - its theee sports bike in the quarter litre category - honda being a new entrant has some more technically advanced features but Ninja has been proving her mettle since more than a decade and its reliability cannot be challenged by any other bike. Hence I would say Ninja Please
Old 25th March 2011, 10:55   #10
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ierocks View Post
Hi all.. am looking to buy a entry level sports bike and considered the Karizma ZMR, Pulsar 220, R15 for a while. Now, with the introduction of a series of 250 cc bikes from Japanese motor-cycle gurus I am not able to make a choice between Kawasaki Ninja and Honda CBR 250..and also the yet to be finalised Suzuki GW 250.

I am slightly bent towards the honda.. any suggestions???
Atleast from the reviews, Honda seems to be a good proposition. Test rides are likely to be offered starting April or mid-April. Whereas for the Ninja, test rides are available. So take a back to back ride and check it yourself. Both are great offerings in their own right (questionable price for the Ninja though). The immediate advantage with Honda obviously would be the price. And there is no confirmed launch date for the Suzuki 250cc, so you can as well specualte the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Twin cylinder can not beat single cylinder engine. Ninja is very well proved bike for almost 10 years. The only advantage I see with CBR250 is the ABS breaks.
If one reads this post from a layman's point of view, don't you think this will be a mis-guided post?. Perhaps a little elaboration will help. Single cylinder has its own advantages. It may lack in the top end speed and refinement but we are talking about speeds in excess of 120kmph and how many of us would that? Below that speed, it (going by the reviews) seems to be an equally capable machine if not better. And don't you think to the Indian customer, price is also an advantage?

Edit - OP, the other aspect you need to consider is the A.S.S. Ninja owners have posted positive reviews on servicing from ProBiking. What I'm told is that there is a separate bay and the personnel are well trained. For Honda, it would be untested waters. There are already a few thousand bookings and how well they manage would be a question mark.

Last edited by JVH : 25th March 2011 at 11:03.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Sir, what exactly did you mean by this statement?
I am extreamly sorry for that statement, I wanted to say exactly opposite. Kawa's Twin cylinder engine is joy to ride and single cylinder can not beat this twin cylinder in terms of the accelaration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
If one reads this post from a layman's point of view, don't you think this will be a mis-guided post?.

we are talking about speeds in excess of 120kmph and how many of us would that? Below that speed, it (going by the reviews) seems to be an equally capable machine if not better. And don't you think to the Indian customer, price is also an advantage?
Sorry JVH, above I clear my point. I had owned Pulsar 220, and I was very disappointed when I was not able to cruse above 125 KMPH on highway.

About price, go for Kawa only budget permits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks