Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 00:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Longer Commute - New Bike??

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
Keep the RX like everyone suggested (I am keeping her for the last 23+ years, still my RX begs to be pushed to the limits)

Test ride SZ-R,FZ,RTR go with your heart ....good luck
+1 to this, i suggest the same. the dazzler/unicorn/hh cbz/hunk are really old bikes now, they dint even get a proper engine upgrade. on the other side, apart from the feel good acceleration, mind you only feel good but in reality you are not going that fast or accelerating at the pace you feel.

on the other hand SZ-R is a new bike although with the FZ heart, would actually accelerate well, a FZ with a slim and light rear tyre can accelerate real crazy so i would expect that from the SZ-R(havent really tried SZ-R though). it is light on pocket-mileage and spare are reasonably priced in comparison and to top it off, its a brand new bike!(latest launch)

always loved FZ for its dyanmics and reasonable acceleration in the stock trim. if mileage is an issue you can drop this one.

RTR on the other hand is outright screamer, my personal experience with my rtr 180 makes me feel that this bike should have had a little taller 4th and 5th gears or may be even a 6th gear, after all the readlining the bike still feels like there is power left in it! cant say the same for rtr 160 but still an out right screamer in an affordable trim. only down side being the A.S.S. and a slightly nothchy gear box but use a better engine oil (other than tvs ofcourse and from day1) and you will be able to ignore that too.

i am watching this thread as i find on the close lines with requirements in this thread it would be interesting to see what you pick

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...cycle-75k.html
Old 7th April 2011, 01:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@RX-135 - Don't you think that the performance offered by HH 100cc's vis a vis with any 150cc (again considering performance & FE), makes the HH bikes seem like a poor value M'cycle. (Yes you spend almost 50K on a Passion and ~65K on a Uni/GS)

I believe you can extract 55-60 kmpl from a Unicorn with a restrained right hand and as and when needed may ride faster w/o compromising much on FE?

I truly believe 150's provide almost the best of both worlds, especially M'cycles such as Unicorn/Dazzler, GS-150 R. What say?
I look at it this way. I got one RX which satiates my thirst for performance. I now need another one to take care of my pocket. Why not pick one, which does it the best way? Ideally, I would love to pick up a CD100 or CD100SS alongside RX. And, use one which fits the bill, on given occasion. (Problem with low end Bajaj bikes is that 2-3 years down the line, they are no more as FE as a Hero Honda or Honda).

None of the Yamahas are pocket friendly. New or Old (And, I don't count Crux-abc..xyz, Liberos as Yamahas. They are disgrace to brand Yamaha).

Problem with 150cc in this case is that, they are neither here nor there. If you are planning to use only 1 bike, I would blindly pick one from these, because it gives me best of both worlds. But, if I got already a pocket rocket and need another one which is pocket friendly, I would go with a mileage champion.

Last edited by RX135 : 7th April 2011 at 01:10.
Old 7th April 2011, 01:17   #18
BHPian

I suggest you go for Splendor NXG, having owned the classic splendor for 3 years and swapping 3 bikes after that still miss the comfort offered by her. Good mileage, handling and highly durable my vote goes for NXG (since you own a RX for that adrenaline rush)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks