Team-BHP - RD 350 after complete re-build.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RD 350 after complete re-build. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/99241-rd-350-after-complete-re-build.html)

Uploading photos of my best friend's YD 350. It was found as a total scrap from Rajasthan, and some parts from Delhi; re-built in Kochi. Somebody here may be knowing this machine too.

Mods: Please move if this can be merged with any other thread.
With thanks and regards

Edit: Typo in title, its RD 350

Quote:

Originally Posted by glomus123 (Post 2305691)
Uploading photos of my best friend's YD 350. It was found as a total scrap from Rajasthan, and some parts from Delhi; re-built in Kochi.

Wow! Thats great man.:Cheering:
BTW very eager to hear about the restoration, right from the scrap condtion to this new avatar.please:

Beautiful, what's the engine spec I mean to say what size pistons they are running.

Beauuuutifullll..... Please share the journey, how the parts were sourced, what has got into the bike, how much time it took for the rebuild, who worked on it, what goodies are running on it.

A perfect match of beauty and beast. Happy riding.
Riding/Owning RD is like blood on tiger's mouth.
I Respect your time and dedication to bring this beast to life.
May you and RD see endless KMs getting crunched under its wheel.

A million thumb-up to you sir!
that looks fanta-awesome(seriously, that effort deserved a word not used before!)

Please the full story of the build as well?
intrerim stages?

One thinsg for sure.
when you do stuff like this, you know that the machine will be loved for life, and it aint going nowhere ever!
clap:clap:

Can see "Delhi" made fuel tap, be careful of these taps they cant supply enough fuel for the twin carb setup, many other things are there to make sure it will run for longer miles, start with basics of fuel supply.

RD always looks the best in red. Good job on the restoration. Do post some more pics of the restoration and some info on the parts gone into it.
The US spec pipes are like icing on the cake!clap:

congratulations to your friend! Bike looks good!

Thanks a lot everyone for the appreciation. Either me or my friend are not in India, during vacation we use this beast for a couple of hundred KMs. The restoration was not done under our supervision.

Regarding the engine and spares, most of the parts were procured from Delhi and a lot of work also was done there, but not completely. Later the bike was moved to Cochin and completely worked again.
Engine is HT, running on second or third oversize, IIRC. Everything is perfect. Mileage is around 16 KMs. The bike runs like a dream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 2306032)
Can see "Delhi" made fuel tap, be careful of these taps they cant supply enough fuel for the twin carb setup, many other things are there to make sure it will run for longer miles, start with basics of fuel supply.

Spot on Ajay!! Recently my friend was in India and he complained about a bit of fuel issues, it may even due to this thing.

@ mayankk,
Thanks a lot for the great words friend, but neither me or he was not present through out the restoration. But whatever information I have, I will do share here. Front disk is of TVS Apache.
With thanks and regards

Anil's Bike. clap: Had a chat with him last week. The 'story' is long is long for sure. He he..

The bike looks nice, Clean pipes. Run it in well and take care of the 2T oil and it will ride like a dream. What year was it again did you say ?

nice 1.
congrats.
please get us some nice pics as well.
get RDD CDI for the bike.
My bike has a similar story and same color too!
I picked it up from Jaipur in 2006 auction bike turned out to be really clean running on STD bore.

cheers
Piyush.

Congratz! Its a great restoration! and everytime i see the pictures reminds me of my old bike. Still cant forgive myself for letting her go :(

Looks great dude. this is one bike which I die to ride but always eludes me :(