Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 13:10   #1
BHPian

Trusted CNG Pumps, Mumbai

I was searching for CNG Pumps for Mumbai though there are threads where list of pumps are given but like we have a list of Trusted Pumps for Petrol I thought of creating this thread for benefit of all the owners of CNG Cars. This list should ideally have the avg pressure which we find at the pump because that's one of the most important factor in deciding how much Gas can be filled. Secondly it should have if these pumps have separate queue for private cars because this will help in saving time. Thirdly if the PUMP has NGV nozzle to cater to company fitted CNG cars.
I'm starting with the places which I've used and will like members to keep adding to the list.

1. Pump opposite Nav Jeevan society at Tardeo/ Lamington Road. The pump has pressure of 220-230 as it's a direct line pump. It has NGV Nozzle and the best part is that it has separate queue for Private Vehicles.

2. The pump at worli naka, when you are coming from north mumbai it's on the left hand side at the worli naka signal. This also has separate queue for pvt vehicles, gets pressure of 200-215 and has NGV Nozzle.

3. Pump on P'Demello road, once you exit freeway while coming to CST this is the first pump on your left, this pump neither has NGV nozzle nor has separate queue for pvt vehicles but have always find pressure of 220, though here I'll advise you to carry change as they try not to give back the change in coins.

4. Pump on your left hand side once you cross Atria mall while coming to South Mumbai. They don't have separate queue for PVT vehicles but have NGV nozzle and pressure is in range of 200-210.

5. Pump on your left hand side on the road from Haji Ali to Mumbai Central the pump is almost a km from Haji Ali. This pump also has NGV nozzle and a separate queue for Pvt vehicles and pressure is around 200-210.

6. Pump on your left hand side at Palm Beach Road when you are going from Vashi to Belapur, this pump is almost 500 mts before the Belapur Station. This also has separate queue for Pvt Vehicles and pressure is around 210, though I'm not 100% sure but this also NGV nozzle.

7. Pump on your left hand side when you are going from Chembur to Mankhurd, this pump is 200 Mts inside from the main Sion Panvel highway. This pump also maintains pressure of 210 and is operated by MGL itself. Once you cross Deonar depot on your left you need to turn left at the next signal to reach here.

These are the few pumps where I've regularly filled up and found to be good. Hope this helps fellow members also and will expect them to contribute so that others can be benefited.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 19:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Trusted CNG Pumps, Mumbai

I have filled up at many pumps in Mumbai. Pressure is usually 190-210 at most of the places. Is there any way these guys can cheat us like they do for petrol?

1- Link Road, Kandivali ( BP COCO) - Pressure over here is slightly low than other pumps and a full tank costs less than 270-290 mostly here. One annoying thing about this pump is that the attendants are hell bent on checking the fluid levels in your car and each and every time they tell most of the people that your coolant level is low and you need to replace the entire thing else your car will overheat. I hate this and gave the attendant a piece of my mind once and now he doesn't dare touch anything in my car. I fill up here every couple of days and its pretty quick at 6:30 am but expect a medium line during the late mornings and evenings. They shut the CNG pump at night. I checked the coolant level as well as confirmed it with the SA during my car's service and it was normal only.

2- CNG pump near Navjivan, Mumbai Central - Filled up here a couple of times and pressure was around 220. They take 3 taxis and 2 private vehicles at the same time IIRC. Or maybe it is 2 and 1 respectively.

3- CNG pump at Vile Parle SV road diagonally opposite to the Dominos / Vkool outlets and before Nanavati Hospital- Fill up here atleast once a week since this is near my college. They are pretty quick and very rarely you find more than 2 cars in the private vehicles line. Pressure is 210 AFAIK.

4- CNG pump opposite to the one mentioned above - Here also the line for private vehicles is small enough usually but even here the pump attendants are very interested in checking your car's fluid levels. Told him to back off sternly but still he kept on insisting. Then asked me rudely to show me the CNG plate as if I was doing some crime. Terrible.

5- Lotus Pump at Andheri Link Road- Here the pressure seems to be higher than the other pumps because a full tank costs around 350 here and once I even paid 380 for a tank. But then again the range also increases so doesn't matter. Early morning it is empty but after 7am expect a long line, especially of school vans.

These are the pumps I can think of right now. Had filled up at Bhandup once but I don't know the name of the area.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 6th December 2013 at 19:56.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 23:14   #3
BHPian

There is a CNG Pump on the Bandra Kurla Link road, coming from Andheri on the Western Express highway, take a left turn on the BKC link road, approx 2 kms down you will find the pump run by MNGL.
Pressure is between 180 to 200.
They strictly check the metal plate on your car, I had a hell of a time trying to convince them that the registration smartcard is the same thing, finally had to give 20 rs as a tip.
Separate queue for private cars, not more than 5 - 6 cars waiting at a time.
Old 10th December 2013, 08:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

The two best CNG stations I know in Thane are
1) BPCL CNG pump at Majiwade just where the Eastern express highway touches Ghodbunder Road
2) BPCL CNG Pump at Kolbad
Old 10th December 2013, 08:43   #5
BHPian

I second your thoughts on the Indian Oil pump near Pawan Hans. The guys are only interested in checking fluid levels, and even after saying NO, they still insist.

The pumps that I usually fill from are-

1. BP Pump at Linking road, opp Amarsons. They do not allow taxis between 4pm - 7pm. The pressure is anywhere between 200-220

2. The HP pump opp Pawan Hans.

3. The Indian Oil pump at JVLR, outside Oberoi splendour. The pressure is generally 200-220. But, the downside is that there is too much of rush.

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:15   #6
BHPian

Did a Pune trip this weekend.
I started off on Saturday afternoon and that day there seemed to be some problem in the CNG supply in Mumbai. The pump at Deonar had low pressure. I took the palm beach road and the pump at Belapur was closed then went to Khargar only to find out that they also don't have any supply of CNG. Finally went to Kalamboli and the place just before the express way had the cng and got it filled there. Went to pune and after reaching Pune it was still showing 2 green lights. In pune also the shivaji nagar pump has stopped filling up for 4 wheelers . Then on my way back to Mumbai went to Hinjewadi and got the cng filled. This pump is opposite Marriot in Hinjewadi so you have to take a de-tour of around a km from the main road. The queue was not much so within 10 mins of waiting got the gas filled. The FE was approx 22 KM per KG. Considering the ghat traffic and pune traffic it was quite good. Came back to Mumbai and after bumper to bumper traffic from the exit of express way to belapur again got CNG filled at Belapur pump and got the FE of 24 KM per KG.

So the entire trip of Pune and back with roaming around in Pune ( total Kms approx 410 kms ) costed me 700 RS of CNG that too when CNG in Pune was filled at 47 Rs per KG. Couldn't expect anything better considering we were 3 adults and 3 kids with full luggage on both the trips and AC on all the times.
saurabhkum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 16:40   #7
Max
BHPian

NAVI MUMBAI
============
1) Raj Auto CNG Pump (Very fast, no queues as of today) (piped) (my preferred pump while traveling to pune etc)
Sanpada MIDC, MIDC Industrial Area Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400705
098 20 180784
GPS coordinates:
19° 3.787'N, 73° 1.376'E

2) Kharghar Gas Station (Navi Mumbai) (piped, 5-10 minutes waiting)
Sector 19,

Coordinates: 19°3'7"N 73°4'44"E

THANE
=====

1) Manpada CNG Station - Thane, Godhbunder Road
10-15 Minutes Queue, Good Pressure (piped)
GPS Coordinates: 19°14'6"N 72°58'35"E

2) Majiwada Petrol Pump -
(near Capitol Hotel), majiwada circle, thane
(piped, 5-10 minutes waiting)

Coordinates: 19°12'53"N 72°58'38"E

3) Wagle estate petrol pump, Walge states, thane.
Landmark: Near wagle state fire bridged office, 2 minutes after passport office.
(piped, 5-10 minutes waiting)
Coordinates: 19°11'38"N 72°57'12"E

4) Kohpat CNG Pump, Khopat Road, Thane. (piped, waiting 15 minutes waiting, crowded area, ovoid)
Landmark, near Hanuman Mandir, near THANE ST DEPOT
Coordinates: 19°20'26"49N 72°97'23"61E

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
This pump is opposite Marriot in Hinjewadi so you have to take a de-tour of around a km from the main road.
can you please post the coordinates?

Was it near Courtyard Marriott Hinjawadi Maharashtra?

Then it is this pump:
Hindustan Petroleum Petrol Pump
Samarth Service Station,
Hinjawadi Rd, Hinjawadi
Maharashtra
Coordinates:
18° 35.434', 73° 44.833'

Last edited by Max : 27th December 2013 at 17:01.
Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 20:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
3- CNG pump at Vile Parle SV road diagonally opposite to the Dominos / Vkool outlets and before Nanavati Hospital- Fill up here atleast once a week since this is near my college. They are pretty quick and very rarely you find more than 2 cars in the private vehicles line. Pressure is 210 AFAIK.

4- CNG pump opposite to the one mentioned above - Here also the line for private vehicles is small enough usually but even here the pump attendants are very interested in checking your car's fluid levels. Told him to back off sternly but still he kept on insisting. Then asked me rudely to show me the CNG plate as if I was doing some crime. Terrible.
I have filled up at both the above mentioned pumps.The Indian oil pump seems to have a better pressure as when they fill up the tank all four indicators light up every time while at the HP pump 3 out of 4 times only 3 indicators light up.The attendants at the HP pump don't bother to open or even close your bonnet and i have ended up doing the same.Go at the petrol pump line and you will find them kissing up to you by cleaning up the windshield etc.

The Indian oil pump attendants as mentioned above are very eager to check your coolant which i don't think is a bad idea as they were the ones to find out that my car was low on coolant when at first it came back from the installer.However i have noted both the pump attendants are at times not polite and in general find them treating their diesel/petrol filling customers better.
Old 30th July 2014, 00:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

There's a new MGL pump recently opened at ghodbunder road right next to Shelter Farms. I usually don't see a queue there. Has anyone filled up there yet? Pressure figures?
Old 25th September 2014, 14:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
There's a new MGL pump recently opened at ghodbunder road right next to Shelter Farms. I usually don't see a queue there. Has anyone filled up there yet? Pressure figures?
Hi Straight

I stay just a couple of meters from the location.

Its a 24/7 pump with low traffic.

Separate lines for the company fitted cars and autos.
Well managed and quick.

Pressure is normally around the 200 psi mark. They do not accept credit/debit cards as of now.
Old 26th September 2014, 00:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Hi Straight

I stay just a couple of meters from the location.

Its a 24/7 pump with low traffic.

Separate lines for the company fitted cars and autos.
Well managed and quick.

Pressure is normally around the 200 psi mark. They do not accept credit/debit cards as of now.
Thanks. Yes, I've used it a couple of times now since I work in Thane. They too don't give back change like 2-3 bucks since you have to give cash.
Old 26th September 2014, 12:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

This has happened to me as well with regards to the change.

But I insist on the change not because I want the money but because of ethical principles.
Old 10th February 2015, 18:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

One more pump i would like to add, though i have always failed to notice the name of the Pump. It's the BP petrol pump close to Shoppers Stop Andheri West SV road. It's before the fire brigade and before the lane which takes you to Azad Nagar. I have filled up gas on a couple of occasions and have found the mileage to be the same as my regular CNG pump. I get around 20 kms per Kg in my Civic. The good thing about this pump is when you are waiting in queue , you are inside the premises of the petrol pump as the area is quite large and you don't have to queue and wait on the side of the road as is the case of other petrol pumps. I think this pump is now going to be my regular pump even it's a bit far from my home.
Old 10th February 2015, 21:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
One more pump i would like to add, though i have always failed to notice the name of the Pump. It's the BP petrol pump close to Shoppers Stop Andheri West SV road.

Its called KK petrol Pump
rikhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 18:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Off late, I have observed that most of the MGL pumps in and around Mumbai/Thane have pressures in teh range of 180-190.

But, the amount I pay is more that the normal tankfulls!!
I assume some LPG mix(rich gas)as the mileage has also suffered a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks