Team-BHP - Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/150263-projectors-hid-ice-etc-sainath-auto-ultimate-khar-mumbai.html)

Products sold:
All types of car accessories. Specialize in HID and Projector install as well as ICE setup.

Services offered:
Projectors, HID Kits, ICE and other accessory installation.

What I like:
These guys know HID and Projectors installs very well. They have done umpteen installations already right from the basic Chinese kits to the Morimoto and FX-R kits. They choose the best components available and import them directly under brand name RSR and hence save the middle cost to some extent. These guys have done many installs for our other forum members as well (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ht-up-way.html)

What I don't like:
Parking is tight. The shop itself is good but like most setups like these, the parking space is at a premium. Since the shop is on SV Road only 3-4 cars can be parked at the most. The headlights were removed and taken to the workshop to disassemble and reassemble but most other installs would happen while the car is parked by the curb. But this drawback is overshadowed by the quality of work.

Speciality / USP: Projector, HID, DRL installs

What I have bought from him:
Morimoto Type AES Projectors with 35w 4300k H1 HID Bi-Xenon kit for low beam.
35w 4300k H1 HID Bi-Xenon kit for high beams (not used often so wont blind anyone :D )
35w 4300k H1 HID Bi-Xenon kit for fog lamps.
All this with install costed 30k.

Contact Information
- Name of the contact person: Vinit Mirpuri / Rishi Punjabi
- Phone numbers: +91 98203 06441 / 2646 0545 / 3244 6421
- Postal Address: 1A Neel Kiran, S.V. Road, Khar (w), Mumbai - 400 052.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Right next to Ramee Guestline Hotel Khar and Irish Pub
- Email / Website : rpunjabi29@hotmail.com / http://www.justdial.com/Mumbai/saina...ar/022PAE00429

Missed a couple of points: The Projectors are with dual rings (Red+White) fixed in the shroud. And the HID kit in the high beam is the fast-bright/quick-fire type.

Fantastic, now your jet will also light up the road ahead.
Would you care to share pics of the installation process, if you have.

But frankly don't you think 3 BiXenon is an overkill and will create a lot of problem for the oncoming traffic. In the opening post you mentioned that the high beam is "not used often so wont blind anyone", the question to you is then why did you fit such a costly set-up if you're not going to use it.

The Linea has a dual headlamp setting and now you have Bi-Xenons in both. Does it mean that you'll have two sets of lamps for low beam and high beam. In other words would both the lamps light up simultaneously when you switch on the low beam as well as the high beam.

The fogs should ideally have 3000K lamps instead of 4300K and also what is the use of a Bi-Xenon HID in the fogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3419642)
Fantastic, now your jet will also light up the road ahead.
Would you care to share pics of the installation process, if you have.

But frankly don't you think 3 BiXenon is an overkill and will create a lot of problem for the oncoming traffic. In the opening post you mentioned that the high beam is "not used often so wont blind anyone", the question to you is then why did you fit such a costly set-up if you're not going to use it.

The Linea has a dual headlamp setting and now you have Bi-Xenons in both. Does it mean that you'll have two sets of lamps for low beam and high beam. In other words would both the lamps light up simultaneously when you switch on the low beam as well as the high beam.

The fogs should ideally have 3000K lamps instead of 4300K and also what is the use of a Bi-Xenon HID in the fogs.

I guess my post was not clear, sorry about that. Allow me to clarify. In the current setup I have the Bi-Xenon Projectors in place of the low beams. As you know Bi-Xenons are capable of switching from low-beam to high-beam using a solenoid, so they service dual purpose. The high-beams are a mere swap from halogens to Fast-bright HIDs, no projectors in there and these will light-up only on high-beams. So in Low-beam I'll have the illumination through the projectors and in high-beam it will be the HID high-beam+Projector high-beam. I didn't want to have different temperatures running in the headlights and hence HID in high-beams, besides excellent illumination.

The fogs now have much-much spread than before and that's why HIDs in there.

3000k is far too "yellow" and 4300k is white not bluish, and I think 4300k is better compared to 3000k. Some examples below:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/.../hidcomp-1.jpg
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/521/4...455521_580.jpg

PS: I will try to click some snaps and post here soon.

Couple of Installation photos: The opening of the headlight, fitting projector, and resealing was done at a workshop. I had to finish some urgent work while this happened so no pics.
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-install1.jpg
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-install2.jpg

Low Beam:
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-low2.jpg

Low Beam + Fogs:
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-lowfog.jpg

High Beam:
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-high.jpg

Fogs Only:
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-fogs.jpg

Looks hot clap: :
Projectors, HID, ICE etc. - Sainath Auto Ultimate (Khar, Mumbai)-img_46822.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenster (Post 3419846)
I guess my post was not clear, sorry about that. Allow me to clarify. In the current setup I have the Bi-Xenon Projectors in place of the low beams. As you know Bi-Xenons are capable of switching from low-beam to high-beam using a solenoid, so they service dual purpose. The high-beams are a mere swap from halogens to Fast-bright HIDs, no projectors in there and these will light-up only on high-beams. So in Low-beam I'll have the illumination through the projectors and in high-beam it will be the HID high-beam+Projector high-beam. I didn't want to have different temperatures running in the headlights and hence HID in high-beams, besides excellent illumination.

The fogs now have much-much spread than before and that's why HIDs in there.

3000k is far too "yellow" and 4300k is white not bluish, and I think 4300k is better compared to 3000k.

PS: I will try to click some snaps and post here soon.

Thanks for the clarification.

If you don't mind I would still say that the HID in the high beam was not really required. You could have easily maintained the same colour temperature by putting a 4300K Philips XV or Osram NB+. Putting HID in the high beam and that too without a projector is not a very good idea.

The fogs are meant for a very different function and they are not meant to be a part of the headlight assembly. 4300K may look nice otherwise but in a real foggy situation it would be worthless.

Visited the guy a couple of months back. The guy sells cheap chinese stuff in the name of morimoto. When cross questioned he said its almost the same as morimoto but imported from china. Then the guy tries to convince me that his products are half the price and close to original morimoto. Personally saw the output and the projectors, they are no where close to morimoto. Its shocking to see how people fool consumers selling fakes in the name of originals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchy_99 (Post 3432043)
Visited the guy a couple of months back. The guy sells cheap chinese stuff in the name of morimoto. When cross questioned he said its almost the same as morimoto but imported from china. Then the guy tries to convince me that his products are half the price and close to original morimoto. Personally saw the output and the projectors, they are no where close to morimoto. Its shocking to see how people fool consumers selling fakes in the name of originals.

I, for one, was not sold these projectors as Original Morimoto branded and it was informed that they were AES Brand Morimoto type H1 projectors. These are good quality projectors and here is the actual manufacturers details http://guangzhouaes.en.ec21.com/ They are far from cheap Chinese ones, who's output I have seen on a friends Punto.
I don't know about others but I knew what I was buying and dont regret it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchy_99 (Post 3432043)

Yes, these are AES brand projectors. I have know him for a while now and I have personally recommended him to many BHPians and my friends. They all are happy with his work.

I am only saying that this was my experience with him. I am noob in this projector field and maybe because of this i had this experience that he tried to fool me. Dont know the reason but definitely not going to him again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchy_99 (Post 3464418)
I am only saying that this was my experience with him. I am noob in this projector field and maybe because of this i had this experience that he tried to fool me. Dont know the reason but definitely not going to him again.

So whom would you recommend in Mumbai? The only other retro fitter of repute I could shortlist was Concept but he seems to have closed shop.
Did you get work done elsewhere for your own ride? Would be great if you can share your experience. I'm very keen on retrofitting projectors on my Civic but there seems to be a dearth of good installers in Mumbai.

This is a long pending post, so here goes. After years and years of playing with idea of splurging on a full projector + HID setup (starting with my Swift and now totally fixated on getting it done on my Civic considering the pathetic stock lights), i finally took the plunge.

After pouring over the various threads and talking to a few folks I realised that:

1) If I wanted a good setup there was no cutting corners with HID kits and the like.
2) Even with a decent Mini D2S type projector, I'd still be dissatisfied.
3) There were very few folks in Mumbai who can be relied on to do a good job.

I'm pleased to say Vinit at Sainath came thru with flying colors. After my 3rd call with him where he patiently explained in detail the pros and cons of various options, I then set out to see his setup on his own car. And it was impressive.

The next day he had his chap come over and take apart my headlight units to get the inside and outside buffed (they are 7 years old). The following day I was at his friend's basement watching the FXR type projectors go in followed by the 35 W HIDs (yes, generic Chinese set for about Rs 1,800 vs branded ones around 6-7k).
The first time you sit in the 'cockpit' and hit the light switch, you are literally blown away with illumination! After about 5 hours in total I was setup and good to go. Total spend was a shade over 27k, but having run them for nearly 4 months now I have absolutely no regrets.
At one point my left HID refused to light up. Called Vinit and he asked me to come over. By the time I got to Sainath, lo and behold the left one had lit up. Seemed to be a loose connection to my battery or fuse box. But the problem hasn't cropped up again so no worries.
Am still not a 100% satisfied with the focusing so will go back for some tweaking, but if you are one of those folks that hates squinting at night while driving and simply refuses to drive with their brights on, I'd suggest giving Vinit a call.

Sharing some pics of my setup, though I've still not been able to get a good shot of the cut offs. Will try to update that later.