| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th November 2017, 10:27||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanked: 2,520 Times
Fiat Workshop - Balaji Motors (Thane)
Please don't get confused with the earlier authorized Fiat dealer & workshop though the name is same. This is started by Wilson Mathew on his own who had earlier worked for Fiat authorized Balaji Autoworld Thane in the capacity of Workshop Manager.
Repair/Service of any kind for Fiat cars
What I like:
- Wilson is a honest and nicest chap (from my previous experience with him). He wins your trust with his knowledge and passion for Fiat cars.
- Very straight forward and brutally honest approach, he is an expert when it comes to technicals of the Fiat cars he lets you know whats best for your car and your pocket. He is beginning a new innings by owning a Fiat workshop hence might come as bit costly.
- Attention to detail, he finds mistakes and rattles even before you know they existed, he certainly knows his job.
- Has all the necessary equipment such as WA/WB, Paint booth, ramps (hydraulic) etc .
- He has been associated with Fiat cars for quite long, having owned one.
- His mechanics are well trained and he personally looks into every job too. These mechanics followed him when the original Balaji Autoworld was disbanded. He has a small crew of 1 electrician, 2 engine specialist and 2 bodywork in addition to store keeper, SA and rest of them helpers as of now. The electricians and Engine specialists are Fiat trained (at Fiat factory)
What I don't like:
- Limited space of workshop (although planning to extend) His garage looks over packed as of now.
- Warranty repairs are not being done, concentrating only on paid services.
He is not exactly cheap, but be rest assured he wont rip you off.
For me his USP is his technical knowledge and Honesty. Doesn't force things down your throat. That's the reason he still has retained his loyal customers from Balaji Autoworld days and even before that.
Contact Person : Wilson Mathew
Contact no: 9867570557
Address : Balaji Motors, Mohan Mills compound Next to Nexa Showroom, Ghodbunder Road Thane
Landmark : The lane between Fort point Thane pre owned showroom and Nexa showroom on the service road of Ghodbunder Road. While coming from Borivali, take the service road after the Manpada flyover. While coming from Mumbai, take the U turn at Tatvagyan Vidyapith to access the service road.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fiat Workshop - Balaji Autoworld, Mumbai||Zenster||Indian Car Dealerships||20||13th October 2015 14:09|
|Lunch Meet - Thane - Kashid - Thane||egangsta||The Team-BHP Meet Section||427||16th February 2011 15:24|
|Thane - Shirdi - Thane||vij4all||Travelogues||7||10th January 2011 22:32|
|Thane - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa - Thane||vij4all||Travelogues||17||30th August 2010 18:51|
|Thane - Goa - Thane - An Idyllic Run !||Guderian||Travelogues||9||15th April 2008 12:03|