Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 05:52   #1
Team-BHP Support

Car Audio - Chandrika Electronics (Dadar [W], Mumbai)

Products sold:
  • Car Audio equipment - Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, the lot.
    They were a Blaupunkt dealer originally but have since opened up to other brands (eg. Alpine, Lightning Audio, to name a few), as well.
Services offered:
  • Installation & repair.
What I like:
  • Cool to deal with. They'll install whether you buy from them or get your own equipment. No hassles.
  • Good installation, not fantastic but not a quick-fix-electric-tape-Sion-Koliwada job either.
  • Won't take you for a ride.

What I don't like:
  • No enclosed space for install. Car has to be parked on the foot-path.
  • No customisation other than MDF rings and mountings for speakers and amplifiers.
  • If there's a car ahead of you, you might end up waiting a couple of hours or be asked to come another time - better to call ahead and setup an appointment before going in.

Pricing:
Reasonable.

Speciality / USP:
Good at repairing audio equipment but no outstanding qualities as such.

Services Used:
Car audio systems installed in a number of vehicles belonging to self and family. Repairs carried out for CD changer. Wire harnesses made.

Contact Information:

- Contact(s): N/A (Mr. Umakant was the head honcho there but has since left and his brother now runs the show - I forget his name)
- Phone numbers: +91-22-24361503‎
- Postal Address: 58, Subhadra Sadan, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar (West), Mumbai - 400028
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Sort-of between Shivaji Park & Portugese Church
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:

Car Audio - Chandrika Electronics (Dadar [W], Mumbai)-chandrikaelectronics_automobiles.jpg
aah78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 17:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't know about their car audio installs, but I've used the spare parts shop right next door (runs under the same name). Just like Shetty Motors, a very honest management that sells purely original stuff.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have dealt with these guys way back in 99 to 2003. Mr.Umanth Shetty use to carry out all the car audio installation. Highly technical person. Had a good knowledge. And was the person behind all the demo vehicles made by Blaupunkt, Alpine, Sony. His Technician during those time named Raja, did all the work single handedly. But since Mr.Shetty moved to Delhi and Raja doing freelancing I haven't seen the install taking place in the same manner.
Old 9th June 2010, 05:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Yes, I've used their spare parts section too. Never had a problem with them either.
Old 1st March 2011, 23:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio - Chandrika Electronics (Dadar [W], Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Yes, I've used their spare parts section too. Never had a problem with them either.
I know them since they opened up , it seems same family of Shetty Motors Opera house. they are honest and only ORIGINAL stuff of car parts,
There used to be one another guy into audoi system installer Mr. Kutty by name , in the next lane , long time now I have met him is he still there ???
Old 2nd March 2011, 01:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

Last week the HU of my Punto konked off. It was totally dead. So I took it to Chandrika since they are/were a Blaupunkt/Bosch service centre. When I got there they guy seemed least interested in taking it in, and refused to even look at it, just asking me to leave it with him and to call him the next day. I left it there for 2 days, and they didnt even realise what the problem was. Just took 200 bucks from me. Useless. The guy is totally arrogant and dosent seem to want any business.

Next day gave it to Ajays installer Shafiq, who gave it to some person who repairs stuff for them. The next day it was up and running. Apparently some water had gone in possibly by the interior detailing I had done.
Old 16th April 2011, 19:58   #7
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Last week the HU of my Punto konked off. It was totally dead. So I took it to Chandrika since they are/were a Blaupunkt/Bosch service centre. When I got there they guy seemed least interested in taking it in, and refused to even look at it, just asking me to leave it with him and to call him the next day. I left it there for 2 days, and they didnt even realise what the problem was. Just took 200 bucks from me. Useless. The guy is totally arrogant and dosent seem to want any business.

Next day gave it to Ajays installer Shafiq, who gave it to some person who repairs stuff for them. The next day it was up and running. Apparently some water had gone in possibly by the interior detailing I had done.
@Akshay, I'm having problems with my Blaupunkt Kingston unit. Where do you suggest I go to? Where's Shafiq located and does he repair Blaupunkt units? My unit is out of warranty and it's become dead.
Old 16th April 2011, 21:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
@Akshay, I'm having problems with my Blaupunkt Kingston unit. Where do you suggest I go to? Where's Shafiq located and does he repair Blaupunkt units? My unit is out of warranty and it's become dead.
Pls call MOHAMUD BHAI ON 9869151582 He is located in Andheri west He is master in all ICE .try him out you may oute my name to him.
Old 16th April 2011, 22:16   #9
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Pls call MOHAMUD BHAI ON 9869151582 He is located in Andheri west He is master in all ICE .try him out you may oute my name to him.
Thanks Iqbal! I'll call him and visit him. How are his charges? I'm looking for something low cost and honest.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:17   #10
BHPian

If u have a problem with audio go to their auto spare parts shop and meet Mr chandrakant . I have used his services for my m800 alto . But for tata indigo he is not of much help .He stocks original spares of all car makes at a very reasonable price . Very knowledgeable and helpful .
Old 25th October 2012, 00:01   #11
BHPian

I got new speakers installed in my car from them. The guy at the store was helpful. Listened to my queries and gave straightforward advice. Did not try to sell any fancy expensive stuff to me. There was no other customer so the work got done fast.
highway_star is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks