Team-BHP - Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83823-sunfilm-vkool-prabhadevi-mumbai-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 2211441)
Then why did he quote 6500 for me?

Thanks akshay, I shall negotiate with him.

OT: Price not withstanding, would you recommend the 3M RE35 or the V Kool T35? As you know, its for a white punto.

I dont know. Do double check, you can give my reference (cars, doubt he will remember my name) and get it down to the price I paid. Well honestly, I find RE35 and T35 quite similar, except RE I feel has a little more green. But when you go to the store, ask for K37 and T35 to be opened and then see for yourself and decide.

Frankly, I think if you get T35 for 4500 it makes more sense, since the installation will be in a better place, and slightly better heat rejection. But if you do go for 3M, make sure the guy comes home and does it. Milan subway is a dusty place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2211486)
Thanks! So 5K is the range that I should be looking at if its Vkool or 3M.

This goes into my tasks-do this month.

Yes exactly, give or take a few 100 bucks.

@ Akshay: since the discussion is going off topic here, I will continue it here...

A special thanks to GTO for this thread.

Visited this place today & got V Kool tints installed on my Punto. The film looks nice & the install was done indoors. A very professional job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 2233383)
A special thanks to GTO for this thread.

Visited this place today & got V Kool tints installed on my Punto. The film looks nice & the install was done indoors. A very professional job.

Which series of the Vkool film did you get and what did it cost you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2233798)
Which series of the Vkool film did you get and what did it cost you.

sorry for not mentioning that.

It's K37 & it costed Rs. 5000.

Got my i10 K37 on sides and rear for 4800. However, the front was recommended to be VK70 which costed me a whooping 10,700 !! Not really sure if i overpaid, since he showed me the price list and gave some discount on that !

The setup is really good and professional. Got the std 5 year warranty !

Would the VKool outlet at Santacruz be better than the Prabhadevi one?

Guys please help me out. The V-Kool dealer here in Kolkata has quoted Rs. 9000 and Rs. 13000 for J60 and VK 70 respectively. These are for the windscreen. I feel the prices are a little too much. But they said that they will give discounts. Can anyone tell me how much I should negotiate down to??

for windscreen film, please use either VK70 or VB60. Only these two films have visible light transmission of 72% as prescribed by Govt. Moreover, these films have good heat rejection and IR rejection. They cost INR 10000 and INR 5500 respectively. Front windscreen is very critical area for visibility and I personally think, one should invest on VK70.

If one wants absolutely cheper option, then you may go for A60 which should cost around INR 4500 for windscreen. But remember, VKool showroom may refuse to give warranty on this as it has only 60% VLT as against 72% prescribed by Govt. It is a known fact that RTA officials are less tolerant to irregularities when it comes to front windscreen.

Happy filming.

The number on the first page of this thread doesnt seem to work. Here's an alternate number I got from the Web - 022 66634615.

I am going to get tints for my City this saturday, lets see how it goes. Mr. Sahni has assured he'll be personally present.

Got K37 installed on my City today, costed 5250 inclusive of taxes. A neat job I must say. Mr. Sahni personally supervised the whole thing. He also offered to reverse the car to the main road, since the incline into the shop is a bit tricky! Those who have been to the place will know what I am talking about.

I am impressed!

I got the V Kool K37 film put on my Sierra last week.

The approach to the shop over the footpath can be tricky and the Vkool guys have to put 2 set of ramps for the vehicle. One set for the footpath and the other set to get int the shop.

Please be very carefull of the ramps. When the ramp was being put for me to take my Sierra out, one the the boys accidently dropped the ramp which fell on to Mr Sahni's (owner) foot. He got a very deep cut on the vein and lost a lot of blood. We immediately took him to a doctor nearby in my car. The metal ramp had cut through his leather shoes and cut into his foot. So when any of you go there, ensure that the boys at the shop are careful while putting the ramp and make sure that you stay some distance away.

The work was done in a professional manner. Though you do need to bargain hard for the prices. I am putting a pic to show you the shop as well as the ramp arrangement.

They could not paste the film on the rear windows of the Sierra as the glass is too curved. Some cuts were made at the side and the film was adjusted. Though you can't see the cuts on a casual glance, its not a perfect job.

I will paste some pics of the work soon

I had been to this place a couple of days back for film for my front windscreen. There was a female sitting there, she quoted a whooping 12000 bucks..!! I have no clue which model she was talking about.

After a bit of talks, she quoted me the price for model A60, 4600 bucks.
I din not install it that time, came back and checked here for the same. I found that few members say that A60 is not RTO approved as its a bit dark. And also that V-Kool may not give guarantee and stuff.

Now I am really confused what should I do. I have a strict budget of around 5k to 6k. Should I go for V-Kool or some other brand. Whichever it may be I want it to be effective and long lasting, atleast a couple of years.

BTW, I also asked for the quote if I had to get all the glassed done. She told me 16k for the whole car..! The film was same, A60..!!

Guys.. I seriously need help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_power (Post 2585691)
I had been to this place a couple of days back for film for my front windscreen. There was a female sitting there, she quoted a whooping 12000 bucks..!! I have no clue which model she was talking about.

After a bit of talks, she quoted me the price for model A60, 4600 bucks.
I din not install it that time, came back and checked here for the same. I found that few members say that A60 is not RTO approved as its a bit dark. And also that V-Kool may not give guarantee and stuff.

Now I am really confused what should I do. I have a strict budget of around 5k to 6k. Should I go for V-Kool or some other brand. Whichever it may be I want it to be effective and long lasting, atleast a couple of years.

BTW, I also asked for the quote if I had to get all the glassed done. She told me 16k for the whole car..! The film was same, A60..!!

Guys.. I seriously need help.

V Kool is a really good brand, heat rejection is awesome. In your budget, you will get some good choice. Talk to Mr. Sahni & not the lady at the desk.

Hi all. Got myself vkool front windscreen v70 today. Very professionally done job and good pricing. They came home and got it done too. Gave me 5 year warranty and bill.

Speak with Rahul from Vile Parle vkool and mention my reference (Karthik from ashok gardens sewri). His details are given below.

V-kool films india pvt ltd. (Head office)
406, S.v rd, nxt to pawan hans, vile-parle-(w), mumbai-56,
Contact person- Rahul,
Contact no- 9773473518

Best
Karthik