Team-BHP - *Temporary* Chauffeurs - Party Hard Drivers (Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   *Temporary* Chauffeurs - Party Hard Drivers (Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/84200-temporary-chauffeurs-party-hard-drivers-mumbai-3.html)

Heard a lot about this service from friends in Bombay. Not too sure of such a servicve in Pune. Shame. Would be a great cause if they expand to Pune as well.

One such club in Pune has an initiative on the similar lines. If you (provided you are not under the influence) offer to drive people home, the next time you visit the club, the drinks are on the house (or something like that). Noble idea IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 2481197)
Heard a lot about this service from friends in Bombay. Not too sure of such a servicve in Pune. Shame. Would be a great cause if they expand to Pune as well.

One such club in Pune has an initiative on the similar lines. If you (provided you are not under the influence) offer to drive people home, the next time you visit the club, the drinks are on the house (or something like that). Noble idea IMO.

The name of that place is High Spirits. Its a great initiative started by these guys. Kind of like help other while you help yourself clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1953087)
Once got the driver at 2300 hours, till 0300, and paid 500 bucks (+ tip). I don't remember the pricing in detail as.

How do these guys get home after dropping clients at 2 or 3 am?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2486161)
How do these guys get home after dropping clients at 2 or 3 am?

Just used PHD this last Saturday from 0200 - 0300 hours! An expert driver dropped me & a couple of Mods home safely, and then (I presume) caught a cab. After all, there's no other way to travel at 3 a.m.!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2486292)
Just used PHD this last Saturday from 0200 - 0300 hours! An expert driver dropped me & a couple of Mods home safely, and then (I presume) caught a cab. After all, there's no other way to travel at 3 a.m.!

I guess being Mumbai you have options. In Bangalore suburbs, this business model will work only if two people show up in bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 2486375)
I guess being Mumbai you have options. In Bangalore suburbs, this business model will work only if two people show up in bike.

I agree. same is the case in Pune and more so for being saved from the swindling auto drivers that are lurking around in dark at night time finding their prey to rip off. Frankly in pune, i would gladly pay for this service than go finding for an auto in the night.

On other note, there is also one more company in pune called Indian Drivers which provides drivers on daily basis if required and also fro monthly basis. don't exactly know if they provide drivers only for night

Party Hard Drivers have raised their prices to 650 bucks. I'm afraid they are pricing themselves out of the ring; fetching a cab could work out cheaper & more convenient (no hassle of parking, worrying about valet drivers, audio theft from bylanes etc.)

Last week, for a trip to Bandra, we just took a cab to & fro. 70 bucks each way :). Even an air-conditioned Meru cab would cost 300 bucks for the round trip.

Well ,if you want to make an appearance in arriving in your swanky machine and then make a spectacle of yourself during the party, this is the only option!

Jokes aside, my guess is that finding quality staff is a challenge!

There is a similar service operated in London and PHD there come on those small motorbikes or bicycle (depending on the distance from the club / pub to your residence) which they load it up in your car boot and drive you home. And once they have dropped you home and parked your car safely you have to sign the document (sort of a safely delivered acknowledgement) and they unload their bike from your boot and leave.

Since most people are intoxicated when they use this service, NO cash transaction happens then. You get a bill next day at your residence :) OR you can give your credit card details at the time of booking pay it then.

We used one such service once. Very Handy. The cost of the drop was about 45 GBP. But considering the risk of driving after a few drinks & the distance from the party place to our house it was well worth it.

Admittedly, I've not been using Party Hard Drivers as often as before, primarily due to their increased pricing. For 650 bucks, I'd rather catch a Meru cab to & fro, and still pay lesser (net). There's no worry of your car and parking either.

Sometimes however, there can be last minute changes to your evening plans. To top it up, I had taken my Jeep out on Sat night! Needless to say, the expert PHD driver drove the Jeep home perfectly well. Not a single gear "crunch"

If you let a stranger drive a car on which you have personally supervised 2 engine swaps, you had better believe he's professional. This dude apparently learned how to drive on a Jeep from his village. Their service continues to remain exemplary.

Stick to the law and be safe, guys.

*Temporary* Chauffeurs - Party Hard Drivers (Mumbai)-20120218-23.47.02-custom.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2592906)
Party Hard Drivers have raised their prices to 650 bucks. I'm afraid they are pricing themselves out of the ring

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2686825)
Admittedly, I've not been using Party Hard Drivers as often as before, primarily due to their increased pricing.

Used Party Hard Drivers after a long time on Wednesday. From 9th June, their pricing has further increased to 850 bucks :Shockked:

Thanks but no thanks. I'm going to open up the Uber App next time (link). A Meru / Uber will work out far cheaper and I don't have to worry about the parking / security of my car either (late night parking, stranger driving the car etc.).

Of course, the driver quality was excellent, as has usually been the case. No mis-shifts, no clutch slipping, no close shaves. Unfortunately, their pricing is ridiculous now. There are way too many better / cheaper options for the nights out.

Party Hard Drivers will only have my business in case of a last minute requirement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3464789)
Used Party Hard Drivers after a long time on Wednesday. From 9th June, their pricing has further increased to 850 bucks :Shockked:

Thanks but no thanks. I'm going to open up the Uber App next time (link). A Meru / Uber will work out far cheaper and I don't have to worry about the parking / security of my car either (late night parking, stranger driving the car etc.).

Of course, the driver quality was excellent, as has usually been the case. No mis-shifts, no clutch slipping, no close shaves. Unfortunately, their pricing is ridiculous now. There are way too many better / cheaper options for the nights out.

Party Hard Drivers will only have my business in case of a last minute requirement.

I would wager that most of the drivers have honed their skills and gone into direct employment with higher segment car owners. This would result in counter offers being made to existing staff, and new staff being hired at similar higher rates, causing an overall increase in rates.

Hell, I get the same threat from my driver every six months anyway. Considering their income, even a increase of a thousand INR makes a big difference to them, so this is not going to change for some time.

Sorry to bump this old thread up, but I am in urgent need of an Outstation Driver. My Dad needs to visit Alibaug and then Karjat this coming week and due to work commitments, I personally cannot drive him down. I bumped into this website http://www.hiredrivermumbai.com/site/

Does anyone know them or any other good Outstation Driver Hire Company ? Will help massively.

Multiple and cheaper alternatives are now available:
The one I had experience with is Driver Suvidha: Rs. 500/- for 4 hours which is enough for a drop home.

There are some more, can't recall their names

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar (Post 2481197)

Bumping up this old thread, they are now in Pune! :)