Team-BHP - Auto Glass - Windshield Experts (Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Auto Glass - Windshield Experts (Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/84705-auto-glass-windshield-experts-mumbai.html)

Products sold:Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: On an average, about 10 - 25% cheaper than authorised service centers

Related Thread: Linky

Speciality / USP: Anything to do with automotive glass

What I have bought from him: 2 windshield replacements

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Anyone from sales
- Phone numbers: 1800.11.3636
- Postal Address: Multiple locations in Bombay. Remember, they can also send a mobile service van to your place
- Website : Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India

Just wanted to share my experience with Windshield Experts which unfortunately has not been pleasant. Hope it is only an outlet specific issue.

The windshield of my Ritz got cracked when few pebbles fell on it from a nearby building. As I had read positive reviews about Windshield Experts in this forum and elsewhere, I decided to try it rather than going to a MASS. Windshield Experts at Jagatpuri, Delhi been the nearest outlet to my residence, I approached them for the replacement.

My car insurance is with The New India Assurance & I was told by Windshield Experts that they don't have tie up with Maruti-New India Assurance Co. thus I shall have to settle the bill with Windshield Experts directly. However, they promised that Windshield Experts shall file the claim with the insurance company & I shall get my insurance claim settled directly within a month or so.

The workmanship on my car has been okay as I have not noticed any issue so far; however, the facilities at the Windshield outlet left much to be desired. The outlet had neither proper sitting place for its customers nor any facility for drinking water etc. It didn't even had any power backup thus when the electricity went off (which is pretty frequent in that part of Delhi), I was appalled to see the technicians working with torch light from their mobile handsets! When the replacement was completed, invoices could also not be generated due to no electricity. Customers were asked to wait till the time electricity is restored!

When I did not get my claim after lapse of about three months, I called Windshield outlet and enquired about the status of my insurance claim. I was surprised to know that they neither had any contact details of the insurance company office where my claim was lodged nor they had any contact details of the surveyor & were thus of no help.

I somehow traced the surveyor & the Insurance Company on my own after making umpteen telephonic calls. I was told by the surveyor that he was 'out of town' thus he could not submit the claim for 3 months! He however promised that he shall do it at the earliest.

Few weeks back later when I called up Insurance branch office, they confirmed that they have received the insurance claim & its under process.

After a week or so when I called the insurance company branch office again to know the status, I was told that my claim is held up as my signatures were missing on the insurance claim form.

I consider this as poor and inadequate service by Windshield Experts as they were careless in preparing the insurance claim form. Due to their incompetence, I had to travel a distance to more than 50 kms & visit the insurance office to sign the necessary documents. This defeated the whole purpose due to which I had opted this particular outlet due to its proximity with my residence.

When I brought this to the notice of Windshield Experts outlet, Mr. Wasim from Windshield outlet at Jagatpuri was adamant & refused to acknowledge that they have been at fault in submitting incomplete claim form to the insurance company. He gave a hint that they don't care much about individual customers like me since it is patronized by the large fleet owners etc due to their 'high standards of workmanship'.

I find the whole experience a big disappointment from a company which claims to offer 'Fast and world class Car Glass replacement' and 'outstanding customer service'.

Regards

RX, That's a shocking experience with Windscreen Experts and you are justifiably unsatisfied. As if their working with mobile phone torchlights & the incomplete insurance application weren't enough, the manager had the gall to put down individual customers like you & me. Windshield experts has had a good run so far because of their customer service. I hope some outlets aren't getting too big for their boots.

All dealerships are basically franchisees. Register a complaint with the parent company.

I had a very pleasant experience with WE last weekend.
Late last Friday, due to a stone, my windshield developed a big crack. Called up their Customer Service at 9:30 AM on Saturday and the guy there was very helpful. He asked me for my location and told me that the Thane branch would be the closest. He said that they open at 10:00 AM and he would have them call me. At 10:00 AM, I got a call from the Thane branch and he explained the process and also confirmed that they have the windshield in stock for my car.
I was there at 11:00 AM and a claim was registered with my Insurance provider. Once approved, the windshield was changed in approx 3 hours and I was back home by 5:00 PM.
The manager at the store was very helpful and told me all about the parent company of WE and about the training that they all receive every three months. Even the folks who were changing the windshield looked like experts bcos they went around doing their job with such ease that the glass was replaced within an hour but I had to wait for a couple of additional hours for the glue to dry.
As mine was a cashless claim, I just had to fill in a couple of forms and pay the excess amount.

Overall, I give them a :thumbs up and would surely recommend them.

here's a step by step:
1. call up your local W.E. guys, and ask them about your insurer, and if they support cashless for them.
2. carry your inspection report if you have it available.If not, then it can be gotten from whichever company did your inspection.I had bought mine online, so a company called "can-secure" had done it. W.E. or you can call up these guys and ask for it.
3. carry a copy of your license and registration.
4. of course, carry the originals as well.

Do verify if your insurer is supported beforehand, though
W.E. guys will help you in filing your claim end to end.

If you have all your documents in hand, the whole process(in my case, the front windshield) takes about 3 hours,from when you drive in, to when you drive out
whats to like?
ford guys told me i would have to leave the car for 3 days!!
And would cost minimum 2000 bucks.

W.E. cost, 1500 bucks.
no hassle.

They are very good and conveniently located at multiple locations, the insurance through them is not as well handled as at the authorized centre, they tend to suggest one skip the insurance claim due to the loss of NCB, and they don't have glasses for classic cars and can't source them either. Have used them for Safari Front Windshield at Chembur Mumbai, and for an Indigo at Thane.

Recently used their service in chembur, I would give them a big thumbs up!
My swift had developed cracks on the windscreen, when i spoke to maruti (spectra motors), they asked me to leave the car for 4 days and said, that it would cost me around 8.5 K but since i was claiming insurance it would come upto about 2k.

However having heard about WE, i decided to get a second opinion and boy am i glad.

I drove down to WE, they gave me a claim form for filling. since it was almost day end, they asked me if I could bring the car in the morning which i was ok with.

Total upfront payment was Rs860/- and the car was ready in 3 hours.

Another startling discovery was, this is the second time i was getting the windshield replaced, had the earlier one done at ratan motors (maruti A.S.S) right in the first few months as something had fallen from the tree and made a hole in the windscreen. When WE was removing the glass, they pointed out that it was a duplicate / cheaper windscreen and not ASAHI which is OEM on maruti. This has left me shocked, as I have been driving with that for close to 3 yrs now and cant believe Maruti could be such cheats to unknowing customers.

Overall WE service and workmanship is something i am very happy with!

Used their services a couple of weeks back. Good Service provided. i had first inquired with them on the availability of the windscreen glass as mine was a 2001 Honda City Vtec. They said they would require a copy of the Insurance and they would get in touch with the Insurance Co and get the claim passed post which i can get the car. I fixed an appointment for 11am on a saturday. I went to the Goregaon (West) outlet on Link Road. They started the work by carefully removing the wipers etc and then the old glass. They covered the seats, cleaned and vacuumed the windscreen area and also the dashboard and the carpet (light vacuum not a total cleanup). After applying the sealant they fixed the new windscreen glass and assembled every thing back.

Original Cost - 7035
What i paid - 1035

Work was completed in less than 90 mins. They have space to work on 2 cars but i didnt see more than 2 workers. There is an office area where you can be seated and watch the entire process. They also provided a leakage warranty card (dont remember whether it was 6 months or one year)

Overall i am satisfied.

Slightly OT, do we get wind-shield replacement without messing our NCB? I know may insurers in the UK allow this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2713647)
Slightly OT, do we get wind-shield replacement without messing our NCB? I know may insurers in the UK allow this.

No Sir, you cannot.
I had the same dilemma last year when a stone cracked my front windscreen. I lost my NCB when I fixed the glass thru an insurance claim :Frustrati

Yep as mentioned by F1Fan the NCB is void on using insurance for the glass. Hence when I did have to replace the glass on the Safari a few years back at Windshield experts at Chembur I did not use the insurance as I had NCB for 5 years at that point of time. So the marginal benifit did not seem worth the wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk

There are insurers now that offer this facility. Sundaram is one. Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz as well. Its on their website also. I think it is an extra 500 odd rupees add-on.

visited their Thane branch after a crack in the windscreen of my OHC was growing, they suggested a replacement. Dropped the car with them at 11 AM this morning and got it back at 5 PM, insurance claimed, and the processing went smoothly. quality and workmanship of the work was top notch.
:thumbs up from my side.

Hi,

Had a pretty bad experience at Windshield Experts, Andheri east today.

A friends Accord (type2) required the windshield to be changed. The in-charge at the store informed us that the original Asahi one was for 17K and we would have to pay 2.5k over and above the insurance claim.

We handed over the insurance papers and the car @ 1.00 pm and were promised delivery by 5pm. The car was indeed ready by 5.00pm and the job looked well finished. However I just happened to inspect the glass and found that it was not Asahi! :Shockked: It was some FY brand which the guy said is Japanese and very good quality. I inquired with a few known dealers and found that the MRP of this glass with fitting is 7K. I immediately told the guy to arrange for Asahi and change the glass. He started reasoning that Asahi was not available and this is a very good quality glass and blah! blah!.

Since I did not budge even a bit he agreed to source Asahi in 2 days and have this replaced. I have instructed him not to process the claim unless the glass is replaced.

I somehow got a feeling that the franchisees and using this as a loop hole to mint money. A very smart thing to put a glass worth 7k, claim for 17K + get 2.5k from the customer!! The Insurance guys just inspect the old glass and process the claim.

I shall post further developments soon. Would advise everyone to verify the make and quality of the glass before and after replacement

Regards

Pashin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashin (Post 2828423)
Hi,

Had a pretty bad experience at Windshield Experts, Andheri east today.

Pashin

To avoid such hassles, it is always better to physically be there at the time of installation. With us being there, we can ensure no mischief takes place and in case something is going wrong, we can catch it then and there instead of wasting time and losing our peace of mind. Just my view. I generally prefer to wait and get the work done in my presence instead of leaving the car. It helps.