Team-BHP - Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107073-volkswagen-jetta-test-drive-review-121.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverse_gear (Post 3631681)
Shivasuma, my experience was quite different from yours. I got a call soon after delivery with a verbal survey. There were a couple of things that I gave poor ratings for (particularly the poor communication re. availability and delivery), after which I got specific calls from VW re. this issue. They also took it up with the dealer, who also called for feedback. Service process has also been quite smooth so far. Obviously, there appears to be an inconsistency in their after sales approach.

I got the call from SA and from VW Bangalore about how my car was doing post-service. The lady asked me to give a good feedback when a get a call from VW (which I expect soon).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 (Post 3633348)
Got the original Volkswagen Jetta plastic floor mats which were a part of the deal.
What I didn't know was that Jetta comes only with front mats and no rear ones!
Another oversight by Volkswagen! And they are not exactly cheap for front mats they charge you Rs5500!.

When I bought my highline diesel about 15 months back, I got both front and rear. You may want to check on this with VW in case the dealer is shortchanging you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverse_gear (Post 3633383)
When I bought my highline diesel about 15 months back, I got both front and rear. You may want to check on this with VW in case the dealer is shortchanging you.

Did you go for those black coloured ones?
The one with JETTA embossed on them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 (Post 3633452)
Did you go for those black coloured ones?
The one with JETTA embossed on them?

Yes, that's the one.

Volkswagen Ambala is a waste of space really!

Yesterday after reverse_gear posted that there are indeed original rear mats available for the Jetta I searched on the net and even contacted few nearby dealerships today.

All other dealers acknowledge that there are rear mats available for the Jetta.
The front and rear mats comprise of different part numbers and have to be ordered separately,each and every dealer I had called up told me that and here is Volkswagen Ambala saying that Volkswagen India does not provide Jetta with rear mats.

I dont know why Volkswagen Ambala stooping so low!

During purchase they promised me a deal and now after selling off the vehicle the sales and Customer relation department is least bothered!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 (Post 3633909)
During purchase they promised me a deal and now after selling off the vehicle the sales and Customer relation department is least bothered!

You can follow a few steps in such a situation:
1. Ask to speak to the sales head of the dealership and (if he is not cooperating), to the owner
2. Escalate to VW India. If they call for new car feedback, ensure that you mention this point. Call/ email their customer service.
3. Escalate with a formal complaint.

In all these cases, it is not the cost of the item itself that rankles, it is the small mindedness and cheating attitude that is most irritating.

Had a somewhat similar experience when I bought a Duster a few months back. This was when they were offering a gold coin with every purchase during festive season. I was being denied the coin because some cheapskate at the dealership thought he could get away with it. The poor sales guy tried hard but could not move the internal system. I finally called the sales head of the dealership and emailed him, after which it got delivered to me promptly. Are these guys not happy that we are willing to buy their cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vittalnrv (Post 3633358)
When is the 2015 jetta expected?

Launch is on February 17.

Anyone having e mail id's of Volkswagen key representatives apart from the usual customer care?

The dealer is not budging so I have to resort to e mail higher ups now.

This local dealer (Volkswagen Ambala) has the worst After Sales Service I have ever seen!

Go to their facebook and start posting details there. Also post a query on their website through their form. That should create some attention.

Can anyone with the Highline Diesel/Highline AT confirm if the car has the following :
1. Automatic retracting mirrors
2. Puddle lamps
3. Automatic central locking

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 3635401)
Can anyone with the Highline Diesel/Highline AT confirm if the car has the following :
1. Automatic retracting mirrors
2. Puddle lamps
3. Automatic central locking

Thanks

The mirrors don't automatically retract on locking, sadly. However, it does have puddle lamps and automatic central locking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketurtles (Post 3635407)
The mirrors don't automatically retract on locking, sadly. However, it does have puddle lamps and automatic central locking.

Thanks! Do the door have lamps below them too or just the mirrors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 3635425)

Both front and rear doors have reflectors in them.

Skoda offers lamps in the Octavia but Vw has done away with reflectors.

There are many threads online showing how to replace these reflectors with door lights in Mk6 Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 3635425)

Sorry for the late reply. The external mirrors have lamps in them, the doors don't as far as I can recall.

Volkswagen to launch the face-lifted Jetta on February 17, 2015.
Quote:

The facelifted Jetta will get a thorough update to give its competitors, the Skoda Octavia and Hyundai Elantra, stiffer competition.

The Jetta facelift will get a grille and headlamps that appear like a single continuous element, while the new and wider air dam will aim to improve aerodynamics. At the back, the LED tail-lamps are slimmer and now placed higher than before.

Inside, there's a new corporate steering wheel; bigger, cleaner dials in the instrument cluster, and a new high resolution trip computer.
Source; http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...17-393042.aspx