Team-BHP - Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107073-volkswagen-jetta-test-drive-review-120.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjubose (Post 3631025)
will wait for your inputs before I commit.

Go ahead, it really makes a difference to the side profile of the car.
I had earlier purchased a chrome grille kit for the Superb,its been 4 months and they are still holding good.

I have covered 3k with the Jetta and the only one thing that bugs me is the light spread from the headlamp.

Do not get me wrong it is pretty decent for a non projector halogen set up but after being used to the HID projectors of my other cars , this one falls short.

Following are the alternatives

1. I even thought of buying OEM headlamps of the Highline trim so I contacted Vagtune who quoted ~ 2lakhs for the same with the AFS which is pretty expensive and will definitely void the warranty since the connectors in the headlamps are different and would require soldering.
Since I have even purchased Extended Warranty this way does not make sense.

2. I also contacted Retro Rides Delhi, they quoted 25k and will change my existing headlamp to a projector based set up , or if I ask them to do the retrofit on a second pair of headlamps it will cost ~ 40k.Somehow even my SA is not too convinced about this alternative as well and hinted this also might void the warranty.

3. Third alternative buy those Made in Taiwan headlamps , with LED's and all.They cost ~20-30k.

4. Or I should just upgrade these halogen bulbs and call it a day!

Any fellow Jetta owners who have upgraded headlights or bulbs do chip in.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 (Post 3631279)

2. I also contacted Retro Rides Delhi, they quoted 25k and will change my existing headlamp to a projector based set up , or if I ask them to do the retrofit on a second pair of headlamps it will cost ~ 40k.Somehow even my SA is not too convinced about this alternative as well and hinted this also might void the warranty..

Dont know about Retro rides but if they're doing a morimoto setup with xb35 bulbs, you should be pretty happy with the lighting. I've got the indian-ish version of it on one of my cars, brand is genome. Flaky parts(led rings keep dying) but the bulbs and throw are awesome, especially when wired as a bixenon setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 (Post 3631279)
I have covered 3k with the Jetta and the only one thing that bugs me is the light spread from the headlamp.

Have you tried adjusting the beams first? Before you decide to upgrade to a better setup, try this first. The procedure is pretty easy and might save you some bucks. All you would need is a 6 mm allen key to adjust the beams. The car might have rolled out of the assy. line with a wonky aiming. Happens at times.

The next option is a bulb upgrade. Partsbase suggests that the Jetta uses 2 H7 bulbs. Try Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram's Night Breaker Unlimited.

The other alternative is to do a HID bi-xenon projector retrofit. This would set you back by 30-35k depending on what you choose. With the top-of-the-line FX-R projectors and a pair of Osram OEM-grade HID D2S bulbs, you can get a VFM setup for less than 35k shipped to India from TRS (theretrofitsource.com). Or buy all the parts from AVS Tuning, the Mumbai based local dealer and save a bit on customs duties and shipping time. This retrofit can be done by aftermarket FNGs who are into projector retrofits and they do a decent job without screwing up. They charge anywhere from 3.5 to 7k depending on the headlights and the projector setup. No stock cables need to be spliced, cut or taped! Your electrical warranty remains intact. I've done a retrofit on my Polo's headlights recently and I did not have to cut any stock harnesses. With a pair of extra halogen headlights, you can reverse the entire procedure to the stock setup.

To continue with my story, I have now got Bluetooth activated, though like everyone has said the 9W2 system is very basic. I wonder why such a big housing is required for such a small function. Guys who have seen the 9W2 module will understand.

Now, even though I have used all the right connectors and cables, there seems to be some issue where telephony (77) and music system (i think no. 54/55) does not show in Vagcom.

Robi took some time out to try and help me yesterday, but even he was a bit confused as to what was going on. Basically, the steering wheel controls work, bluetooth works, A2DP works, but no OPS and also as mentioned above no options available in VCDS. If anyone has faced a similar situation please do let me know how this can be solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 3631527)
but no OPS and also as mentioned above no options available in VCDS. If anyone has faced a similar situation please do let me know how this can be solved.

Does climatronic display work with the RCD 510?

Yes it works very well. That's one thing that I didn't have to tinker with. And that's why I am so confused. My main question is why certain modules just don't show up in VCDS

That's what happened with me too.

The climatronic shows temperature but OPS display was absent.

Also I was not able to decrease the audio volume once the reverse gear is engaged.
Seems like a low line BCM module or parkotonic module issue.

Well, I am unable to figure out how to find the module version. If I can find that maybe I can head and in the right direction. But my audio volume does decrease when reverse is engaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3630621)
Just wondering but isn't there a feedback process where they ask you to rate the service advisor?

Not comparing but for my Ecosport I have to fill the feedback form when taking delivery, then I get a call 2-3 days later from Ford (not dealer) then the dealer calls back asking how the car is behaving and any issues. If I gave a negative rating below 4/5 for during the feedback call from Ford, dealer calls back asking why and what they need to do to correct or fix the issue.

Does VW have this? Can you not give the SA a poor feedback for no follow up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3630630)
I have not received any feedback call/form from them yet. Need to recollect if I received any after my first service. No wonder VW/Skoda languish at the bottom of the sales chart inspite of having good cars. Ironically, both my cars right now are from their stable ( a Jetta & a Rapid).:Frustrati

Shivasuma, my experience was quite different from yours. I got a call soon after delivery with a verbal survey. There were a couple of things that I gave poor ratings for (particularly the poor communication re. availability and delivery), after which I got specific calls from VW re. this issue. They also took it up with the dealer, who also called for feedback. Service process has also been quite smooth so far. Obviously, there appears to be an inconsistency in their after sales approach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 3631670)
But my audio volume does decrease when reverse is engaged.

Did you do any VCDS coding for the same or did you change the HU menu settings?

I didn't do anything for this. It happened automatically.

I had discussed this very issue with AVS tuning Mumbai.
They hinted that VW might have shortchanged the customers on the sensors itself.
So there are audible beeps and no visual confirmation, but since your car already lowers audio volume while reversing I hope your OPS might work.

Got the original Volkswagen Jetta plastic floor mats which were a part of the deal.
What I didn't know was that Jetta comes only with front mats and no rear ones!
Another oversight by Volkswagen! And they are not exactly cheap for front mats they charge you Rs5500!.

When is the 2015 jetta expected? My earlier 2009 Jetta was laid with black interiors and it made the car feel so sporty and was easy to maintain as well. Hope they offer the same color tone at least on the lighter exterior shades.