Team-BHP - Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107073-volkswagen-jetta-test-drive-review-49.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211 (Post 2995901)
Sorry. Above link is for projector headlamps for the jetta

These absolutely look delicious & are definitely on my list of upgrades for the Black Pearl. The price too looks OK for the pair (compared to OEM which IIRC was quoted at $ 1000 a piece).

However -
1. They don't ship to India :Frustrati
2. It says left hand drive configuration, was wondering if there need to be any changes made to make it compatible to our right hand drives?

I hear that the 2013 Jetta highline gained on Bluetooth and adjustable handrest, but lost two airbags (6 instead of previous 8 ). Can any new owners confirm this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2997342)
I hear that the 2013 Jetta highline gained on Bluetooth and adjustable handrest, but lost two airbags (6 instead of previous 8 ). Can any new owners confirm this?

I just talked to the VW downtown salesman who I dealt with during my Jetta purchase. He said there has been no updates on the Jetta as far as he knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 2997461)
I just talked to the VW downtown salesman who I dealt with during my Jetta purchase. He said there has been no updates on the Jetta as far as he knows.

We have a member who already got the Jetta Highline with the updates (Bluetooth and adjustable armrest).
Refer to the this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2991025

I was keen to know if there are more updates and checked with the dealer in my city. He confirmed these updates but also mentioned that the highline now comes with 6 airbags, similar to the the comfortline.

Edit: By the way, have you got extended warranty on your Jetta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2997467)

Edit: By the way, have you got extended warranty on your Jetta?

Nope, no extended warranty on the Jetta yet. I have been behind the sales guy for this, but he says there is no EW for the Jetta.

First problem (issue) with the car!

2 days back got a warning on MID "Check Coolant level - Low". Opened the bonnet and the coolant is way below min. mark. Called up VW Pune West and they fixed appointment for today. Was unable to go today and will visit on 1st now. Today even the temp LED was also blinking. Not sure if the coolant is low because of leakage or usage.

Any other Jetta owners experienced anything similar?

Car was bought in Mar'12 and has barely done 5500 kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek_924

2 days back got a warning on MID "Check Coolant level - Low". Opened the bonnet and the coolant is way below min. mark. Called up VW Pune West and they fixed appointment for today. Was unable to go today and will visit on 1st now. Today even the temp LED was also blinking. Not sure if the coolant is low because of leakage or usage.

Did you drive today ? Did you top up with coolant or water ? Don't drive without adding water or coolant.

@Shrek,

Just add water and keep the level high. Once in the workshop, get a bottle of coolant and keep it in your trunk like i do.

Top it up when required. Nothing to panic here.

I topped mine around 5K. And i may have not even checked the level when i took the vehicle for delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek_924 (Post 3002458)

My Engine temp light came up at around 10k kms. There was no check Coolant message though. VW guys ran the car through some diagnostics to make sure there was no major underlying problem.

Once satisfied, they topped up the coolant - water solution and the car was good to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211 (Post 3002478)
Did you drive today ? Did you top up with coolant or water ? Don't drive without adding water or coolant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010 (Post 3002630)
@Shrek, Just add water and keep the level high. .... I topped mine around 5K. And i may have not even checked the level when i took the vehicle for delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 3002752)
My Engine temp light came up at around 10k kms. ... to go.

Thanks guys (presuming here stupid:) for the responses! I have driven around 100 kms after the 1st warning prompt came up. Checked the level each time and the level seems to be constant to me with level being 1 inch below Min mark as seen online (Min & max marks for coolant in my vehicle are missing!). If there is a minor leak, it should have gone down slightly. Am also keeping a hawkish eye on engine temp gauge for abnormalities.

Scheduled to go to dealer workshop tomorrow morning as even the engine oil is at lower level, so New Years night will be a night out. Will ask them to check all fluids and do a scan like lamboguy mentioned as long drives are on anvil. And certainly not the best way for the car to start the new year! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek_924 (Post 3003660)
Thanks guys (presuming here stupid:) for the responses! I have driven around 100 kms after the 1st warning prompt came up. Checked the level each time and the level seems to be constant to me with level being 1 inch below Min mark as seen online (Min & max marks for coolant in my vehicle are missing!). If there is a minor leak, it should have gone down slightly. Am also keeping a hawkish eye on engine temp gauge for abnormalities.

Scheduled to go to dealer workshop tomorrow morning as even the engine oil is at lower level, so New Years night will be a night out. Will ask them to check all fluids and do a scan like lamboguy mentioned as long drives are on anvil. And certainly not the best way for the car to start the new year! :Frustrati

Hi Shrek_924 I think the coolant levels filled in at the time of dispatch from factory are kept only at min / slightly above min levels. And over regular usage it does fall below the min mark & hence the MID warning light. Mine had come on around the 8K mark & the coolant+water top up took care of it right away.

As VW2010 mentioned, nothing to worry, just ensure to chek coolant levels before long drives & it should be fine. If it was a leak then the levels would have depleted a lot more, lot quicker.

Happy Motoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkaul1 (Post 3005217)
Hi Shrek_924 I think the coolant levels filled in at the time of dispatch from factor........... If it was a leak then the levels would have depleted a lot more, lot quicker.

Happy Motoring.

Hi Vikas, thanks for the inputs. I topped up the coolant at our common dealer :).
They told me to keep an eye for next 2000 kms to check for any minor leak.

In my car the coolant container is placed in such a way that the Min marking is not visible (on backside beneath the pipes leading out from container). Therefore I did not know how much they had filled during dispatch and checked the relevance of its level only after the warning came.

Being a VW, any small issue also raises the reliability antenna at the back of the mind! But then its not a Skoda! :D

Quote:

Being a VW, any small issue also raises the reliability antenna at the back of the mind! But then its not a Skoda!
No big difference in either of the brands. Both the cars are equally reliable or the other way around :)

As i posted somewhere else, try to clock 45-60K within warranty for there is a history of air condition condenser failing around this mileage.

In fact he said the only thing that may fail is this condenser and if you drive it the "Sane" way you may not face much issues for 3- 4 years.

I complete 2 years now and i have 2 more years left under extended warranty to complete 45K. I am consciously taking the car more often now and using the bike very minimal. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW2010

No big difference in either of the brands. Both the cars are equally reliable or the other way around :)
)

Talking of problems I faced a peculiar one. My Jetta HL AT is a month old and done 3k km and is facing battery discharge issues. it happened twice when after a over night stop the battery just died and ignition wont start.

The first time it happened the error message shown was "error: stablization control" which left me flummoxed. I promptly called the Roadside assist and the mechanic said it seems like a battery discharge (contrary to the error message). I gave in to his hypothesis as i was on the highway and vroom the car came to life as soon as he used the jumper cables (no pushing-the-car-ignition starting an AT).

Next day the same problem...left wiffy in the car for 15 mins and she put the music on in the car (car was not switched on) and battery again discharged in 15 mins...error this time was "airbag error".

Car is at the workshop now but havent gotten any explaination from VW as yet (was in a rush). My submission to the group
(1) has anyone faced this problem with Jetta ?
(2) if you start getting random errors and the self doesn't start it is most likely a battery issue rather than that specific error (atleast from this experience)

Wow! I would have skipped a bit if that happened to my car.

My Aug 2012 Jetta AT has clocked 7000kms and is only driven by me. Post 1200kms the interiors starting rattling and till date they do, been to VW service once at 900 kms for a minor fault with the door rubber making noise, they sorted the issue but wasnt too happy with the way my car was handled. Very disappointed but cant seem to find the time to stop by the workshop to get the rattling fixed.