Team-BHP - Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107427-honda-brio-test-drive-review-94.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitewheel (Post 3633501)
My Brio is ready for delivery and I'm planning to upgrade the audio system. The option was only Caska earlier but the service centre guys told me they also do similar jobs using Blaupunkt systems. Any idea what is the latest model being used?

Los Angeles 500 (without navigation), San Diego 530 (with navigation).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3633677)
Los Angeles 500 (without navigation), San Diego 530 (with navigation).

I guess they are using Garmin maps, with or without free map upgrades?. Considering the problems with Caska with MMI multifunction panel that my son is facing in his Honda City AVN (navigation hangs up not so infrequently) this should be better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3633871)
I guess they are using Garmin maps, with or without free map upgrades?

The Blaupunkt systems are bundled with MapMyIndia's maps Sir. I have the Philadelphia 835 on my Polo and although I had to use the HU navigation only on a few occasions (I end up using the Lumia's Here maps 9 out of 10 times!), it worked well and never hanged. The UI is a bit sluggish compared to the apps on the modern smartphones.

Map updates are paid.

Hi all, long time no post here.

So I just (finally) on my way to buy the Brio. However one of my friend directed me to a local forum about an accident involving a Brio and a mini bus. The accident happened in Thailand, and the crash was so severe the Brio was split in two. I don't know if this has been posted before since it's very hard to find out what really happened since Thailand is not an English speaking country.

I know accident happens, and one of the key suspect of the accident was that the Brio driver tried to overtake on a single lane road and got struck by an oncoming mini bus. Still, it really bothers me how the Brio can be split in two like that.

What I'm searching for is a good photo coverage of the Brio cutaway model when it was launched in India. I found this one picture while browsing, but it's not detail enough.

I want to read the wording on that picture, or better yet, a full set of photos from the launch.

I'm not going to disprove the car because of that one accident (how horrific that was), but I'd have a proper peace of mind of where the strength of the Brio lies, literally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midi_Amp (Post 3653409)
Hi all, long time no post here.

So I just (finally) on my way to buy the Brio. However one of my friend directed me to a local forum about an accident involving a Brio and a mini bus. The accident happened in Thailand, and the crash was so severe the Brio was split in two. I don't know if this has been posted before since it's very hard to find out what really happened since Thailand is not an English speaking country.
I'm not going to disprove the car because of that one accident (how horrific that was), but I'd have a proper peace of mind of where the strength of the Brio lies, literally.

Hi,
running the page through google translate will give you a fair idea about the discussion and conclusion there. I had seen that post last year.
The car was doing north of 120kmph and had a head on collision with the tempo/lorry. One cant really blame a hatchback for what happens at a 120kmph+ crash.
If you could do a search here for the post, you might find it and the conclusion the members here came to.
It is a safe car and extremely fun to drive. Though its popularity is decreasing compared to the grand i10 and swift, I still believe it is the hatch back to buy if you love to drive.
But if you are looking for a good family car that will be driven around only in the city, go for the grand i10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmatic (Post 3106014)
I don't know if this has been answered, couldn't find anything in the search. Were you able to find out how to fit an AC filter in Brio ? I'm looking for the same in the Amaze.

No,brio and amaze dont have a cabin air filter for the A/C as informed by the service engineer at hallmark honda, nerul, navi mumbai

Quote:

Originally Posted by bread (Post 3660053)
No,brio and amaze dont have a cabin air filter for the A/C as informed by the service engineer at hallmark honda, nerul, navi mumbai

Not only that the compartment where the filter is there is moulded into one piece, so you cannot access it and install on your own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bread (Post 3660041)
Hi,
running the page through google translate will give you a fair idea about the discussion and conclusion there. I had seen that post last year.
The car was doing north of 120kmph and had a head on collision with the tempo/lorry. One cant really blame a hatchback for what happens at a 120kmph+ crash.

Thanks for the input. I'm looking for a second car so utility is not really needed, and like you said, the Brio is really fun to drive (thanks to its 4 cylinder engine?). I found the Brio to respond the best on any driving condition, and with the hatch now offered a proper wiper, I'm really itching to buy one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midi_Amp (Post 3660545)
Thanks for the input. I'm looking for a second car so utility is not really needed, and like you said, the Brio is really fun to drive (thanks to its 4 cylinder engine?). I found the Brio to respond the best on any driving condition, and with the hatch now offered a proper wiper, I'm really itching to buy one.

Let us know what you decide :)

Can anyone here help me out here regarding my 1 year 6 months service due this april.I have covered 14200kms till now.No mechanical troubles so far.
Slight squeaks on front door hinges and at times there is some faint rattling noise near the dash board area.
My last bill went more than Rs.6000 where the service guys charged Rs.700 for pest control :Frustrati

If you guys could let me know what needs to be done and what is not needed but the service guys may insist on it.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3678822)
  • Hello Pals, I currently own a diesel Rapid and I'm thoroughly relishing it albeit rolling it in cramped up city streets is a fuss.

• Hence decided to buy a compact yet peppy hatch for city commuting and filtered my options down to Brio/Grand i10/Beat.

• Among the three, I'm more inclined towards Brio owing to its snazzy looks and fun-to-drive trait.

• As this is primarily intended for city commuting I'm planning to go for EX or S variant.

• Any inputs on variant selection, current deals and discounts are welcome.

• I'm also planning to upgrade the rubber and get some alloys for it. Please give your suggestions on this front too.

Hi,
The brio is a good choice if you are looking for a peppy and fun ride. I must warn you about its interiors being a bit plain as compared to the i10 grand. Interiors are a personal choice and I would suggest you have a look at both the cars and decide.
If its honda quality and peppy drive you want, go for the brio.
If its fancy interiors and fully loaded features you want, go for the i10 grand.

Regarding the variants for the brio, if you are looking for airbags and abs, VX is your only option. I drive a VX MT and I love it! You get factory alloys and a basic 2 din music system with it.
There is a new variant which is placed above the VX that has all black interiors, touch screen music system with maps and some other features. You might want to look into that.
If airbags and ABS are something that you are ok to let go off, the S seems like a good option. You are anyway going to upgrade the music system and alloys.

Let us know what you decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bread (Post 3679503)
Hi,
The brio is a good choice if you are looking for a peppy and fun ride. I must warn you about its interiors being a bit plain as compared to the i10 grand. Interiors are a personal choice and I would suggest you have a look at both the cars and decide.
If its honda quality and peppy drive you want, go for the brio.
If its fancy interiors and fully loaded features you want, go for the i10 grand.

Regarding the variants for the brio, if you are looking for airbags and abs, VX is your only option. I drive a VX MT and I love it! You get factory alloys and a basic 2 din music system with it.
There is a new variant which is placed above the VX that has all black interiors, touch screen music system with maps and some other features. You might want to look into that.
If airbags and ABS are something that you are ok to let go off, the S seems like a good option. You are anyway going to upgrade the music system and alloys.

Let us know what you decide.

agree:

Fun to drive trait? Look no further, the Brio it is.

I ordered Modern Steel Brio AT E grade (similar to India S grade) and fairly satisfied with the interior quality, it's plain sure but for the price, can't argue much. Before I put a down payment for the Brio, I once again test drive it... And my selection is very much reassured. Steering might be too light coming from a Honda Freed, but it's precise and effortless. The engine note is nice and the grunt is sufficient for its intended use.

I tested the i10, driving characteristic is similar to Brio, but the engine spins a bit lazy. Also I don't know if this is just me, but the i10 feels heavier? It's just not as snappy as the Brio. Maybe I'm biased for Honda products (all of my family and extended family drives a Honda), but something about the Brio just clicks with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bread (Post 3679503)
I must warn you about its interiors being a bit plain as compared to the i10 grand.You are anyway going to upgrade the music system and alloys.

Took another TD of Brio today. I'm really impressed with it's peppy engine and handling. As you've already stated, the Brio's interiors are tad plain to my liking but that's acceptable as driving characteristics are of paramount importance for me. I'm planning to opt for S or EX variant, couldn't make up my mind between the two. However I must mention that I'm a bit disappointed with Honda's lavish pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midi_Amp (Post 3680835)
Fun to drive trait? Look no further, the Brio it is.I tested the i10, driving characteristic is similar to Brio, but the engine spins a bit lazy. Also I don't know if this is just me, but the i10 feels heavier? It's just not as snappy as the Brio. Maybe I'm biased for Honda products (all of my family and extended family drives a Honda), but something about the Brio just clicks with me.

Yes, I second you. Even I felt that Brio is more fun-to-drive compared to i10. That's attributable to the higher Power/Weight ratio and better handling in Brio.

Took two test drives of Brio, a week apart. I am looking for a fun hatch, primarily used for city driving and occasional weekend trips.

Comparing to a Swift, I had to rev the Honda a bit harder to get the pull in lower gears. I actually found Brio to be more spacious, may be it is the beige interiors playing tricks on me.

It may be a red herring, but I did notice in both my test drives that gear knob made a noise while shifting and shifting itself is not very smooth, unlike a Honda. The golf ball knob even on a brand new brio is a bit shaky, which makes the whole gear shifting routine a less pleasurable experience.

Anyone else noticed this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srichida (Post 3686821)
Took two test drives of Brio.

Anyone else noticed this?

Yup. Even I noticed this in my Friend's brio. We took it to the service center. They adjustment the gear cables a bit and the gear shift has been super smooth since then. However, what I still don't like is the gear stick golf ball knob. It just doesn't feel right in my opinion. Too small and it's like a toy car gear shift.