Team-BHP - Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/114769-nissan-sunny-diesel-test-drive-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg (Post 4204322)
In Logan, it is between the front bumper and tyre on driver side ie just below headlamp. It should be same for Sunny

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupdeb (Post 4204442)
Hi Abhi, the diesel fuel filter for Micra is situated beneath a compartment (that houses switches and fuses, I guess); it can be accessed after removing the battery and its tray and unmounting the compartment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg (Post 4204486)
The fuel filter is easily available in shops. I brought it for 1000 in Gurgaon.

Thanks, it was under the battery as rupdeb pointed out. Stupid place to fit a part which has to be replaced ever 6 months.

Couldnt find a OEM filter but got a SOFIMA (UFI) filter and got it changed. I hope the quality isnt too bad. Filter cost was less than Rs. 1000. Got it fitted at neighborhood garage for Rs. 200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupdeb (Post 4204442)
The fuel filter needs to be replaced every 10k kms, exactly as Mr Boss mentioned and is one of the major contributor to service costs as the tax included price is nearly 1900 rupees now-a-days.

I have owned the Sunny for over 5 years and am ashamed to admit that this is the first time I opened the scheduled maintenance chart.

Currently my car runs about 800-1000 kms monthly. I used to send the car for service every 6-7 months, as per their "service schedule". My car was serviced in April 2016, then in November 2016, with another service being "due" now.

Now here is the kicker, If I understood this correctly, according to their own scheduled maintenance chart, the Engine Oil, Air Filter and Oil Filter needs to be changed every 10000 km or 1 year. So if your car runs about 800 kms, this change is required every year or so.The fuel filter, however is scheduled for replacement every 6 months.

In my case, in the November 2016 service, the service center in their infinite wisdom did not change the fuel filter (the only mandatory change item) but changed the engine oil etc etc.

So until today morning, my car was running a 13 month old fuel filter. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 4204672)
Now here is the kicker, If I understood this correctly, according to their own scheduled maintenance chart, the Engine Oil, Air Filter and Oil Filter needs to be changed every 10000 km or 1 year. So if your car runs about 800 kms, this change is required every year or so.The fuel filter, however is scheduled for replacement every 6 months.
So until today morning, my car was running a 13 month old fuel filter. :Frustrati

Hi Abhi,

Could you please re-check the maintenance schedules in the manual? As far as I know, the four filters (AC, oil, air and fuel) and engine oil needs to be changed every 10k kms / 6 months for Micra.

By the way did you change only the fuel filter or went for a routine service by the FNG? I'm trying to find Delphi diesel filter in Kolkata, will update once i get any information. First Bosch brake pads and now Sofima diesel filter - please update how they are performing after munching some miles.

Regards,
Debrup.

Quote:

according to their own scheduled maintenance chart, the Engine Oil, Air Filter and Oil Filter needs to be changed every 10000 km or 1 year. So if your car runs about 800 kms, this change is required every year or so.The fuel filter, however is scheduled for replacement every 6 months.

It's 10k km or 6 months, which ever is earlier (for normal driving condition)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupdeb (Post 4208211)
Hi Abhi,

Could you please re-check the maintenance schedules in the manual? As far as I know, the four filters (AC, oil, air and fuel) and engine oil needs to be changed every 10k kms / 6 months for Micra.

By the way did you change only the fuel filter or went for a routine service by the FNG? I'm trying to find Delphi diesel filter in Kolkata, will update once i get any information. First Bosch brake pads and now Sofima diesel filter - please update how they are performing after munching some miles.

Regards,
Debrup.

See the pictures of the maintenance manual.

I just got the fuel filter changed at the FNG.

Will update on the filter / brakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4208214)
It's 10k km or 6 months, which ever is earlier (for normal driving condition)

Thats what I thought too, but not according to my Maintenance booklet. For normal driving conditions. Attaching pictures.
[ATTACH]Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20170531_124831.jpg[/ATTACH]
Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-20170531_125134.jpg

That said, are Indian Driving conditions normal or severe? That's another debate.

More frequent changing of Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter might / might not be beneficial for the engine, but ignoring mandatory fuel filter changes definitely will be bad for it.

Hi,
Can anyone share a pdf copy of the user manual of Nissan Sunny XV. I shall appreciate it.
Thanks

Quote:

Couldnt find a OEM filter but got a SOFIMA (UFI) filter and got it changed. I hope the quality isnt too bad. Filter cost was less than Rs. 1000. Got it fitted at neighborhood garage for Rs. 200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupdeb (Post 4208211)

By the way did you change only the fuel filter or went for a routine service by the FNG? I'm trying to find Delphi diesel filter in Kolkata, will update once i get any information.
Regards,
Debrup.

Hi Abhi,

I know I'm a bit too late with the reply but nonetheless will post this information for you and anyone who needs it or may need it in future.

The diesel filter required for Nissan Micra & Sunny is from Delphi with part number R6353490.

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0005.jpg
Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0006.jpg

In the aftermarket, this filter is available under TVS-Delphi brand name and part number on the package is 9188-011A. The M.R.P. of the filter unit without the water sensor is Rs 1065 and the sensor unit separately costs roughly Rs 450.

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0008.jpg

As you can see below, the part number on the filter is same as the one in the Renault / Nissan genuine one.

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0009.jpg

The side-by-side comparison of the filters.

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0010.jpg

P.S - Can anybody tell me what does this (SER) printed next to the part number mean?

Regards,
Debrup.