Team-BHP - Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra Reva e2o : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/134857-mahindra-reva-e2o-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 3261912)
Any links to the charging stations for Bangalore? thinking of an airport drop/pickup on a carzonrent offer ;) ?

Apart from the list shared by Rehaan, Mahindra Reva has installed few charging ports with dedicated parking in Bangalore International Airport as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 3263121)
Any idea what would be the road tax to be paid if the vehicle is bought in Delhi and then sent to Bangalore. The price difference is almost Rs. 1 lakh between the two cities. Road Tax Rate is much lower for the vehicle, even in Bangalore, but the ex-showroom price is much higher, due to lack of subsidies.

According to Delhi Government, they will not allow Mahindra e2o to be bought in Delhi and registered in Bangalore, if that happens they will not be able to pass on Subsidy and tax benifit which can be availed otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3266174)
The old Reva did come with a Li-Ion battery pack later on in its life.

I'm not sure whether that version was sold in India or not.

The L-ion version was not sold in India, it was always meant for International Market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slamnos (Post 3268038)
Interesting Ad by Mahindra e2o today. They seem to pay for every KM you drive for the next 3 years.

It says they will reimburse electricity charges for charging the car for 3 years.

Yes, I just talked to a sales rep and they mentioned that the reimbursement will be monthly. I registered for a "fun drive" and they had called me to inform the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 3268250)
It says they will reimburse electricity charges for charging the car for 3 years.

http://www.mahindrae2o.com/youdrivewepay.htm

There is also another offer 'Five Year Warranty on Li-On Battery'. Does that mean that they would replace the battery if it goes bad / loses a lot of charge within five years. Else it does not make much sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 3268289)
There is also another offer 'Five Year Warranty on Li-On Battery'. Does that mean that they would replace the battery if it goes bad / loses a lot of charge within five years. Else it does not make much sense.

Yes the battery pack contains 16 cells, and will either be repaired/replaced if it is under performing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 3268289)

I like how that page has not one, but two "*"s next to the good news... but there's no legend with the fine print to be found on the page!

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajesh1868 (Post 3268250)

As per the TBHP Ownership cost calculator, this reimbursement translates to Rs.9000 per year or Rs.27000 for 3 years. Adding to this, the battery replacement cost is moved from 4th year to 6th Year (assuming 5 years free replacement warranty) and the 30K exchange bonus, this sounds like a good deal for someone looking for a convenient city car.

Noticed an e20 testing in Pune. Attached are pics of the same. Not sure of the interior but it was a RHD vehicle

Attached snapshots

Mahindra Reva says "no more new EVs for India" until the government announces direct subsidies. Link to News Section

Cheers,

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 3293834)
Mahindra Reva says "no more new EVs for India" until the government announces direct subsidies. Link to News Section

Cheers,

Jay

This makes business sense, as without subsidies, not many people (even those with deeper pockets) are willing to buy these, & thus sales figures in India are unmentionable on a public forum stupid:, especially when these are from the 3rd biggest auto seller.

In my opinion, Mahindra Reva failed to understand our Government's functioning. They might have expected that Government will implement the subsidy scheme as they promised. But nothing happened. They should have focused on overseas markets for bringing volumes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxTorque (Post 3294824)
In my opinion, Mahindra Reva failed to understand our Government's functioning. They might have expected that Government will implement the subsidy scheme as they promised. But nothing happened. They should have focused on overseas markets for bringing volumes.

Irrespective of Government's decision on subsidy Mahindra Reva was very determined to roll out the electric vehicle in India, they will be launching in Global markets next year.

The Government of India is looking to offer subsidies on electric cars from April 2014, under the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan. Will it help boost sales of electric vehicles?

Link to News Article

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 3306962)
The Government of India is looking to offer subsidies on electric cars from April 2014, under the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan. Will it help boost sales of electric vehicles?

Link to News Article

In the news article it reads
Quote:

If sales of electric cars do take off, fuel worth Rs. 40,000 will be saved.
Is that Rs. 40,000 per year per car? Or is it Rs. 40,000 crore annual nationwide savings?

Hope this time Government will implement the subsidies without delays. I am sure if they stick to their promise it will be a good boost for electric vehicle makers.