Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-354.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk13 (Post 3282413)

Further, how much of problem is it to Park with ONLY the Reverse Sensors and NOT Reverse Cam? I remember during the Test Drive, I had a tough time Reversing as the puny rear windshield didn't provide much of a view. Your inputs will be much appreciated as the question here is for a 25k Accessory, Reverse cam available outside for 3,500 or so (Don't plan to go for it from outside although).

Congrats on the decision & on almost getting it now finally :D

The reverse cam indeed is overpriced (just like all their accessories) but will give you peace of mind of correct installation (see a discussion on the camera location & fitting few pages back somewhere here) & will maintain your warranties if taken from them.
The camera in itself does not give a good indication of distance/depth.
Alongwith the parking sensors to gauge distance & the camera to see the obstructions, the combination should be good to overcome the rear visibility limitation sufficiently while parking.

Although I am doubtful the dealer will agree, try bargaining on reduction of those "Handling charges" too by the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3282396)
Does anybody else get the feeling that the headrest is not properly placed. I feel it is a bit towards the front.

The driver side mirror has a magnifier part towards the outer edge. This seems to cause some distortion because of light around.

I fell it is ok, what is the exact problem you are facing with the headrest?

Both rear view mirrors have integrated blind spot mirrors to eliminate blind spots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anks_at (Post 3282422)
Congrats on the decision & on almost getting it now finally :D

The reverse cam indeed is overpriced (just like all their accessories) but will give you peace of mind of correct installation (see a discussion on the camera location & fitting few pages back somewhere here) & will maintain your warranties if taken from them.
The camera in itself does not give a good indication of distance/depth.
Alongwith the parking sensors to gauge distance & the camera to see the obstructions, the combination should be good to overcome the rear visibility limitation sufficiently while parking.

Although I am doubtful the dealer will agree, try bargaining on reduction of those "Handling charges" too by the dealer.

Take the individual pack instead of buying only the rev cam.
Costs around 25k and includes rev cam , irvm, illuminated scuff plates and spoiler.

Reverse camera makes parking a breeze , you can also sync the lines of the camera to the reverse sensors beep intensity for an accurate estimate of distance. clap:

I wish all bhpians a very happy and safe diwali.

Head rest: I somehow feel it is a bit towards the front. Maybe the angling. When I sit comfortably, my head is being forced to be straight or a little bit angled forwards. On city roads this posture is fine, but on highways, it would be more comfortable if the head can be tilted back a bit. Infact if the head rest had been reversed it would have been more comfortable.
When the back rest is tilted, your top body also tilts but the head rest , because it is angled inwards tends to sort of push your head forward. Since the leg room is quite long, if the seat is pushed back, the pedals are too far in. If the seat is pushed forward, because of the dash thickness one can't slide into the seat. You either sit sideways and shift your legs inside or move the seat back, slide in and move the seat forward.

Or maybe I've got used to the walk-in of the Wagon R :)

The side mirror, because the magnified portion is right upto the edge of the mirror is causing disturbance. On highways, since there are only cars it is a great thing as you can see the overtaking car as soon as it come into the blind area. But in the city with bikes, autos almost on your side, it is causing distortions because they keep flashing by continuously in the mirror.

Or maybe new car fears and I'm watching the mirror too much :)

[quote=ecosport rules;3282564]I fell it is ok, what is the exact problem you are facing with the headrest?

Both rear view mirrors have integrated blind spot mirrors to eliminate blind spots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco-doc (Post 3281368)

Its quite a long story, but cutting it short. Ordered all the stuff from aliexpress thinking I would be installing them myself. But then due to time constraints and my dad's apprehensions about my DIY skills, got them installed at MXS Motosports Karol Bagh.
The projectors turned out to be too big for the car so exchanged them for the ones that fit.
Total landed cost: 11.6K + 1.8K(customs) with Fedex International Priority. Delivered in 5 days after order.
Exhange + Installation: 7k approx. I was charged a bomb for this. Though the work is pretty good but overpriced.
Asked for refund from aliexpress for the projectors beacuse they didn't fit and guess what, got a refund of 8.5k!clap:
So total setup costed to me around 11.5K! :uncontrol

Hi Ecodoc, can you share exactly which projector and wiring harness you ordered from Aliexpress apart from the bicolor led strip.
I am planning to go the DIY way as I don't have a professional installer at my place and also the cost factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3282286)
Congrats Anil. Sporty pedal isnt all that good I guess. Many owners feel it's not comfortable to use. I like the cross bars and the front bumper applique. I have plans of replacing my roof rails with "Thule" cross bars in the future. As for the under body coating, get it done from 3M. Try if you can use their monsoon offer (if it's still available - paint protection and under body 1000/- off) .

Thanks Naveen
Which Insurance did you Choose ?
I have been quoted 26k by bharti axa for 9L IDV
and 23k by HDFC ERGO for 8.7L IDV
i should check on the monsoon offer available in 3M but i highly doubt
any idea how good is cavity protection ?
They are charging 4.5k is it worth it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkumar (Post 3282624)
Thanks Naveen
Which Insurance did you Choose ?
I have been quoted 26k by bharti axa for 9L IDV
and 23k by HDFC ERGO for 8.7L IDV
i should check on the monsoon offer available in 3M but i highly doubt
any idea how good is cavity protection ?
They are charging 4.5k is it worth it ?

I took the insurance from the dealer itself. RS and came around 26k. What is this cavity protection? Did the dealer quote this?

Day 2: On the bombed out roads of Hyderabad, you cannot zip thru like a duster or even our Dzire. Even a three inch 'speed breaker' (the usual all-pervading patch work after digging for illegal pipelines)sends out a shake to the spine and neck. Not so in a Dzire or punto. Same feeling as the wagon R. But on a good road it moves without a noise. Absolutely steady steering. The steering is really light and very very comfortable in congested Hyderabad half of which is barricaded for metro and the other half has been dug out by the rains.

50 KM and couldn't get in 5th gear so far. 4th also for a brief time.:Frustrati

Will do the ORR today and see how it fares.

Received a warning on the sync screen today morning while going to work " Key battery low, replace immediately "

Though the car starter after this warning, i again switched off and started the car, received the same warning. Went back home, got the second key, didnt get the warning this time and went away.

Its a good thing that the car warns before the battery goes completely dead but am at loss of words on how the battery died within a month.

My car is a month old, done 2500 kms, 24th July manufactured so its not like it was an year old car and lying in stockyard.

Will get the other key battery replaced and report, just hope that with so many electricals, its not another Xuv in the making.

1.5P AT 1100km update:

Either the engine has opened up, or i have adjusted myself to the engine/car. Unless the AC is on, i find the power good enough for commuting. With AC, i have to push the pedal hard and wait.

Car is a joy to drive, except for the hard ride. In the civic i used to go slow on bad roads to avoid underbody scrapes. With the Ecosport, i still have to drive slow to save my spine.

I have adjusted well to the EPS. I love it, btw. Would be tough going back to an HPS now.

No rattles yet. Everything is holding on well, but my mind has made itself ready for some squeaks.

FE:
MID - 10.5kmpl
Tankful to tankful method: 10.4kmpl
Range: 410km

No surprises. MID is pretty accurate.

FE is nothing to write home about. But to be fair to the car, my daily commutes are just 3km. The engine does not even get time to reach its optimum operating temperature.

Guys I need some help!!!

My Ecosport 1.5D Tit does not have the "TDCi" badge. Is it an accessory or the dealer just removed it without telling me??? I got the deliver only 3 days back...

I am unable to get Sync to read out SMS messages. Phone is android (samsung galaxy ace)
Error is something like phone is not capable of sending messages thru Bluetooth.

Any help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3282755)
Day 2:
Will do the ORR today and see how it fares.

It was a delight to drive on the Ring Road.
It hits 90 before you realize it and no strain or sound at all.
100 gives the engine a little sound , but after that you feel uncomfortable .
The steering seems to become rigid after 60 and feels steady.
U turns are so effortless :)

All in all no complaints except the hard suspension on rough roads.
Is much better than the Vento.

One caution - the rear door pops out after it is opened beyond 50 odd degrees because of the hydraulic bracket. So you have to ensure there is nothing behind the door. If you have a wall or car behind and you decide to open it a little bit and take out your stuff, be careful- when you open it and reach in to pull out your luggage, a tap by your shoulder pushes it open fully with a jerk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand2712 (Post 3282903)
Guys I need some help!!!

My Ecosport 1.5D Tit does not have the "TDCi" badge. Is it an accessory or the dealer just removed it without telling me??? I got the deliver only 3 days back...

These badges are just stuck on to the body. Although not easy but they can come off due to hard washing/wiping accidentally (similar thing happened to me during delivery of my i10). Usually they do so with considerable age over the years.
One less likely chance is if the vehicle was damaged & repaired in that area & they just forgot to put it back on.

Whatever be the case, it would have been ideal if you had pointed it out during delivery of the vehicle.
Now you can just go to the dealer again explain the situation to them politely (because fighting now wont help) & ask them to fix one back on. Mostly they agree if the vehicle is so new for keeping the customer satisfied & since they anyways dont cost a lot.
Otherwise, its just a badge, dont worry too much about it (you can also pay for it if the dealer disagrees). Just check for any repaired damage to the car around the badge area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3282907)
I am unable to get Sync to read out SMS messages. Phone is android (samsung galaxy ace)
Error is something like phone is not capable of sending messages thru Bluetooth.

Any help.

I think "reading out messages" works only with windows phones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3283103)
I think "reading out messages" works only with windows phones.

Found this on another forum. Will try and see if it works.

" I had the same issue described here. Using Sync 3.5.1 (4.29.12285) with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.1.1), I received the error message "the currently selected phone does not support text messaging via bluetooth".

Here are the steps that I used to get it working...
1. Turn off Bluetooth on the S3
2. If the vehicle is on, wait for the phone to be disconnected from the vehicle
3. If not already on, turn on the vehicle ignition
4. Turn on Bluetooth on the S3
5. As soon as Sync is paired, the phone will have a security request that I only found by accessing the pull down menu
6. Pull down the menu on the S3 and it will indicate there is a Map Request, do you want to allow Sync access
7. Select the Enable checkbox to not be reminded again and press OK
8. To test it, dial *DATA# on your phone and wait for a text to arrive
9. When the text arrives, the vehicle will play an alert and indicate a message is available
10. Press OK to Listen
11. Voila!!!

The main issue is that the Map Request occurs when the phone is paired and you need to allow Sync permission to access the phone text messaging before the request disappears."