Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-387.html)

Looks great.
What are the details?
Is a 1 ltr Petrol or 1.5ltr petrol or diesel model?
Cost?
Pete's website doesn't seems to have updated all this info at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3307252)
There are a few here who have taken deliveries to of 1.5P. I am also keen on the 1.5P ecosport but Mumbai dealers also not taking bookings; looks like Ford prefers to push Ecoboost or a1.5D engine models, higher margins??

exactly, we are being pushed for the 1l eco or the 1.5d there are saying petrol 1.5 booking is closed.
at the sane time they have no troubles delivering the 1.5 petrol fiesta both have the same engine.
come on ford why all this drama for ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 3307740)

exactly, we are being pushed for the 1l eco or the 1.5d there are saying petrol 1.5 booking is closed.
at the sane time they have no troubles delivering the 1.5 petrol fiesta both have the same engine.
come on ford why all this drama for ??

Ford does not make anything selling the 1.5P as they have to absorb thd higher excise duty.

Today visited a friend's garage and was surprised to see an driving school's Ecosport D. He said it belongs to a well-off guy and it was the ambient version and they had successfully paralleled the Clutch+brake to the front passenger side!

The vehicle has done just 2k km! Couldn't find a logic as to why an ES !?

Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres :)
Thanks a lot for all my Fellow BHPians for all your support.

Will post Photos soon.

Booking date : 1 sep
Delivery : 29 Nov
1.5D Trend Mars Red

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkk_84 (Post 3307901)
Glad to inform you guys that I got my Red guy delivered yesterday. Good thing is its Good Year Tyres :)
Thanks a lot for all my Fellow BHPians for all your support.

Will post Photos soon.

Booking date : 1 sep
Delivery : 29 Nov
1.5D Trend Mars Red

Congratulations dear. Cheers and enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkk_84 (Post 3307901)

Congratulations on your new ride and on the good years:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3307708)
So finally it's out. Am sure many guys are waiting for this. Pete's tuned Ecosport with 17" Borbet alloys and a remap.

Thanks naveen that is the only thing pending on my list.
I was contemplating between petes or dieseltronics.

Please share more details

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3307708)
So finally it's out. Am sure many guys are waiting for this. Pete's tuned Ecosport with 17" Borbet alloys and a remap.

Is that a re-map or tuning box ?
Looks awesome !

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3307719)
Looks great.
What are the details?
Is a 1 ltr Petrol or 1.5ltr petrol or diesel model?
Cost?
Pete's website doesn't seems to have updated all this info at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3308003)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3308098)
Is that a re-map or tuning box ?
Looks awesome !

Dont have much details. It's a remap that produces 110 bhp. 17" Borbet alloys and blistein suspension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3308105)
Dont have much details. It's a remap that produces 110 bhp. 17" Borbet alloys and blistein suspension.

Brilliant! What Ecosport Tdci lacks is long legs to gallop on the highways and this remap should fix it if its for the Tdci.

Nice to hear about re-map. Thanks to low sales of the Fiesta, this part remained untested pretty much. Would like the hear about the remap of 90 bhp TDCI. Please do get a dyno as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3308505)
Nice to hear about re-map. Thanks to low sales of the Fiesta, this part remained untested pretty much. Would like the hear about the remap of 90 bhp TDCI. Please do get a dyno as well.

From what i came to know , remap of the Bosch ecu for 1.5tdci is not as easy as the 1.4 tdci ( Siemens) as it requires bench flashing and can get easily detected by service center which may void the warranty ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3308003)

Got DRLs with projectors fitted.Looks fantabulous.Lot of head turners.Excellent work by Mr.Srinivas.
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights.
My friend gave me a collection of all those Pinkfloyd ,Scorpions ,Defleppard ,Bryan Adams and other such collections which I saved in a pen drive and lo and behold Sync plays it when you ask for it.
Only hoped the suspension would have been a little more comfy.
FE shows 11.Just crossed 1000kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks (Post 3308600)
Got DRLs with projectors fitted.Looks fantabulous.Lot of head turners.Excellent work by Mr.Srinivas.
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights..

Hey congratulations sanju speaks:thumbs up
Seeing DRLs for the first time on a mars red, good choice of devil eyes too
His work is indeed fabulous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjithrnair (Post 3308517)
From what i came to know , remap of the Bosch ecu for 1.5tdci is not as easy as the 1.4 tdci ( Siemens) as it requires bench flashing and can get easily detected by service center which may void the warranty ?

Heard the same Ranjit.warrenty is my major concern

I am confused too.
Tuning box/remap is the only major work left on my car

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjuspeaks (Post 3308600)
It is awesome to be in the car now ,with such a superb music system(Hertz tweeters attached) and grabbing all the attention in the road with the lights.
My friend gave me a collection of all those Pinkfloyd ,Scorpions ,Defleppard ,Bryan Adams and other such collections which I saved in a pen drive and lo and behold Sync plays it when you ask for it.
Only hoped the suspension would have been a little more comfy.
FE shows 11.Just crossed 1000kms.

Hey sanjuspeaks ! Your DRLs rock buddy. Gives the car altogether a new cult look. Congrats.