Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-646.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndinesh (Post 3877370)
Hi - Were you able to fix this issue? I own a Ecoboost and facing this issue. Some times when I do hard acceleration and when I release the accelerator, I hear this strange noise, kind of metal grinding sound. It certainly is not from engine bay. I hear it from under the body, some where near rear or middle portion. I plan to check it with service center. Anyone else facing this? Any clues?

I have a similar issue since the time I bought my ecoboost. When I press the accelerator there is a low noise that I can hear. This noise is like a fan belt or a bearing noise. As if the belt or the bearing is needing lubrication. The noise goes away when I release the accelerator and comes back again as soon as I press the accelerator again. The volume is so low that only I am able to hear and that too probably because I keep a sharp ear for any abnormal noise. But now that I have noticed the sound, I cannot "unhear" it and it keeps playing on my mind. I discussed this during the first service, but the technician was unable to hear anything in the noisy service area. Even in the test drive he was not able to hear anything. He suggested that it might be the fuel pressure gauge that I am hearing. He had checked the belts and they are fine. My second service will be due in a few weeks and I will take this up again. In the meanwhile, if anyone can give any suggestion, it will be helpful.

Took delivery of Ecosport AT on 3rd Dec. Was in the same dilemma of Petrol or Diesel. As my driving is in city in bumper to bumper traffic wanted an AT. Finally decided to go for Ecosport AT after over 25 years driving only Diesel cars.

Ecosport AT is a fantastic car in my opinion. Have done around 1200 kms and it's been a pleasure driving in the city. Initially it was hard on me, as I had to visit the gas station every week to fill in. Slowly the mileage is increasing and the visit to gas station is a bit less. This weekend would be the first service. Need to see how she would drive on long drives on the highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston (Post 3879644)

Initially it was hard on me, as I had to visit the gas station every week to fill in. Slowly the mileage is increasing and the visit to gas station is a bit less. This weekend would be the first service. Need to see how she would drive on long drives on the highways.

Hey Houston congrats on the new car. I did an oil change in the first service, mileage certainly went up. Drive with a light foot and your mileage will certainly improve.

I felt my MT 1.5 was quite stellar in my highway run, think the AT can only be better. Its an excellent car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanu2k15 (Post 3877151)
Hey ].

So now I have a question. I have got almost all the accessories I need for now for the car. Just wanted to know about the Rogerab..

Congrats on the eco. I have seen this accessory, I do not think it is required in an ecosport. I do not know how it differs from the one in aliexpress but how this works is by placing the device between the gaps in the existing shocks. For an ecosport you really don't need this device as the suspension is stiff already. So adding this device will only add to the stiffness. This is good for cars such as civic which coupled with low GC can easily scrape speed breakers if the car is heavily loaded.

Yay! clap: I got the delivery of my "Silver Surfer" (Ecosport AT) last evening. Coming from a Santro XO 2005, it feels like a nice upgrade! I wish the delivery had happened during afternoon, could have clicked some nice pics. I promise to do that as soon as I can.

I have a 2200 Kms trip to Gujarat (& back to Gurgaon) coming up on 31st Dec. It will be great to hear inputs from fellow BHPians on the following:-
  1. I could gather from a few posts on this forum that it is alright to be driving on the highway with a temporary registration. Is this correct?
  2. I could not find any mention of a run-in period in the owner's manual PDF in the Ford Owner android app. What is the recommended way of running-in in case of an Ecosport AT? I ask since the up/down shifts and the corresponding RPMs are not under our directly control, isn't it? Is driving on S mode to be avoided completely?
  3. Is the first service due on 2500Kms / 3 months (whichever is earlier) ?
  4. It's my first long(ish) road-trip as a solo driver; travelling with family (including my 7 year old kid). I intend to halt for a night near Udaipur enroute. I hope I am not being too ambitious with this road trip considering its a new car (and my first AT)! I look forward to all tips/suggestions/cautions.
  5. Should I get the 3M paint sealant treatment done before the journey? Its a hectic day ahead but don't wanna compromise if it makes a lot of difference.
  6. I could not find the time to research and buy a navigation device. I am a bit apprehensive of travelling without one.

Thanks in advance, friends!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaeroon (Post 3880121)
I got the delivery of my "Silver Surfer" (Ecosport AT) last evening.

Firstly, congrats on your latest acquisition.

Quote:

I could gather from a few posts on this forum that it is alright to be driving on the highway with a temporary registration.

AFAIK, it is fine to drive with TR but make sure that you carry all the original documents during the trip.

Quote:

I could not find any mention of a run-in period in the owner's manual PDF in the Ford Owner android app. What is the recommended way of running-in in case of an Ecosport AT?

Check this post. It has already been discussed in run-in thread.

Quote:

Is the first service due on 2500Kms / 3 months (whichever is earlier) ?

Yep, it's 2500 KMS/3 months, whichever is earlier. BTW, it's just an inspection.

Quote:

I look forward to all tips/suggestions/cautions.

Check this thread by Technocrat. It'll help you out with all your queires related to long journeys.

Quote:

Should I get the 3M paint sealant treatment done before the journey?

I would definitely recommend you to go for it before the brand new paint is exposed to any harsh conditions.

Quote:

I could not find the time to research and buy a navigation device. I am a bit apprehensive of travelling without one

You need not be perturbed so much about it. A smartphone with good GPS is quite enough for navigation, at least for this trip.

To the guys who has driven the diesel EcoSport for 1000km or more - Anyone using full synthetic engine oil ? If yes which one and how much do they cost ? Apparently the service center doesn't pour full synthetic, I was told by one of the sc guys that it was full synth and unfortunately I believed.

Its been a while the EcoSport is around. I tried but couldn't find any thread dedicated to EcoSport issues and their solution, so I am starting one. We can dedicate this thread to EcoSport maintenance, niggles, issues, mileage etc..

My car is only 4 months old, so other than small niggles I don't have any major problem. My read door lock has been replaced under warranty within 2 months. Cost me Rs. 160.

The only problem I have now is sounds from different part of the car. There is a tik-tok sound from rear door whenever I brake or accelerate. There are several squeezing sound from steering in low speed. Even the dashboard has started developing rattle. I wonder how a Ford can have so many rattling sounds so early. Anybody has any experience with rattling ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprasenjit (Post 3880194)
To the guys who has driven the diesel EcoSport for 1000km or more - Anyone using full synthetic engine oil ? If yes which one and how much do they cost ? Apparently the service center doesn't pour full synthetic, I was told by one of the sc guys that it was full synth and unfortunately I believed.

This was also discussed couple of weeks back, though Ford doesn't recommend full synthetic. And it is said after run in of 15k, change to full synthetic just make sure to use the same grade oil as mentioned in manual.

Good idea for starting the thread.

I have a 2013 Ecosport and no rattles till now (touchwood). I have a hunch your rear door rattle could be simply thanks to the opening and putting it back up by the dealeship. Say what they may, its impossible to match the Factory fit and finish.

I would suggest taking it up to them and telling them the problems. If not helpful, try another Garage (may be unofficial), since this does not include much technical knowhow.

P.S. On a TD while servicing my car, the mechanic was really attentive towards a rattle, which he finally managed to track to an oversized foot mat. Try talking up to a mechanic in the ford dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprasenjit (Post 3880194)

Ford uses Semi Synth as was told by my SA. They have an option for Mobil 1 Synth but the cost for a litre was quoted at 1300 :Shockked: which is higher than retail prices if one were to purchase from outside. The SA said Ford recommends Semi Synth.

Cheers,
Raj

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3880154)
Firstly, congrats on your latest acquisition.

Check this post. It has already been discussed in run-in thread.

Thanks!

I had checked that run-in thread sometime back. To me it appeared that it is straight-forward to control the up/down shifts in case of manual transmission. However, for Ford's DCT, we are relying on the gearbox and associated control logic to decide that. As a driver I can strive to be light on the pedal; but are there any known speed/RPM limits specifically for Ford's DCT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprasenjit (Post 3880213)
Its been a while the EcoSport is around. I tried but couldn't find any thread dedicated to EcoSport issues and their solution, so I am starting one. We can dedicate this thread to EcoSport maintenance, niggles, issues, mileage etc..

My car is only 4 months old, so other than small niggles I don't have any major problem. My read door lock has been replaced under warranty within 2 months. Cost me Rs. 160.

The only problem I have now is sounds from different part of the car. There is a tik-tok sound from rear door whenever I brake or accelerate. There are several squeezing sound from steering in low speed. Even the dashboard has started developing rattle. I wonder how a Ford can have so many rattling sounds so early. Anybody has any experience with rattling ?

Hi Uprasenjit,
Take out all your belongings from the car, including the floormats, pens, coins, user manual, water bottles etc. Empty the glove box too. Then take a trial under silence (late night or early morning). This will help you to locate the sources of rattle more precisely.

Also see if you can associate the rattle with bumping the potholes / speed-breakers.

Once you notice the rattle location, make someone (maybe your kid) listen there attentively. He / she will be able to further pinpoint the exact location of the sound.

With these details, if you to the ASS, they will be able to rectify it quickly. Otherwise, sometimes it is difficult to reproduce the rattle at the ASS, especially in the noisy office hours. Though you will spend some time in the trials, overall it will bring you peace of mind.

There have been no niggles thread because Ecosport has been a pretty reliable car so far, barring 1-2 members, rest of the members are sailing smoothly with their cars. There are occasional rattles from rear door or some thing but the car is doing fine mechanically and the positive sentiment on the official thread is a testament to that.

Our Ecosport has done 29k and it has been one solidly reliable machine, the only issue i faced was brake judder at 20k kms and Ford happily replaced both discs+pads under warranty. The high mounted stop lamp was not working and the Ford guys got it during second servicing, changed under warranty. Suspension etc are behaving extremely well at 29k despite the car being used on very bad roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaeroon (Post 3880509)
Thanks!

I had checked that run-in thread sometime back. To me it appeared that it is straight-forward to control the up/down shifts in case of manual transmission. However, for Ford's DCT, we are relying on the gearbox and associated control logic to decide that. As a driver I can strive to be light on the pedal; but are there any known speed/RPM limits specifically for Ford's DCT?

Congrats on the Ecosport AT. I have covered 350 kms in mine and for the running in all im doing is keeping it in D- that way the car upshifts at 2500 RPM, thereby putting no strain on the engine. Although modern petrol engines dont need running in per se, there's no harm in taking it easy for the first 1000 kms. If nothing else you get good FE stupid: Im getting 12.xx KPL on the MID.

the only precaution I'm taking is not drivng in S mode. also remember to put the car in N if stationary for more than 10 seconds.