Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-647.html)

I have a 3 month old Ecoboost run about 1500kms and last week i could hear some creaks / rattles. Need to empty out everything and check. The sound comes only on bad roads. On smooth roads, its bliss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 3880577)
I have a 3 month old Ecoboost run about 1500kms and last week i could hear some creaks / rattles. Need to empty out everything and check. The sound comes only on bad roads. On smooth roads, its bliss.

Rather than emptying everything, why not observe closely to trace the location / source of the rattle so that you can sort it completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3880725)
Rather than emptying everything, why not observe closely to trace the location / source of the rattle so that you can sort it completely.

Its from the left side for sure, just need to see from where exactly its coming. Front, middle or rear. Removing the stuff helps in getting to know the real culprit easily :).

Quote:

The authorized service centre guys know the source and cure for all the sounds. Not the service advisorsbut the trained mechanics. They can solve this quite fast.

I had one in the rear and one in the front solved by these guys. Plus solved one related to roof rack outside.

Took my Ecoboost to the Elite Ford svc centre to address a hard gearshift issue that I had highlighted during my paid service one month back. There was some roughness while shifting between 1-2-3 gears.

Found that there was a minor leak of gear oil which the svc centre dismissed as under torque of the fasteners. Took this as a pinch of salt and told that I will observe this leak for a couple of days and bring it back to them if any leaks found. The oil level was normal but still was a bit concerning regarding the under torquing of the bolts.

Another thing observed was some rust on the steering link rod ends. Mine is a 2 year old car and is a bit concerning on the long run. Also checked a couple of other Ecosports that were up on the ramp but they were relatively new models hence no signs of rust. Any comments on these? The vehicle is under extended warranty so planning to raise this to Ford directly after consulting my first point of contact, Team-BHP.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151231_113057.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151231_113221.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151231_113115.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151231_113103.jpg

Quote:

Are you facing any creaks/rattles near the speedo? I get some while I am on bad roads.

@Mods: Sorry for back to back posts.

Got my SYNC updated in the last service. Posting it here for others benefit as well.

One thing I have observed is that the new SYNC on the new Ecosport models display the track details when played via Bluetooth whereas the old ones show "Playing music via Bluetooth" :Frustrati

I don't remember the previous version of SYNC hence cannot show before and after comparo.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-2.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-3.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-4.jpg

I get a sound from the front right brakes if i make a left turn and brake at the same time: sort of metal rubbing / liquid flowing through tube sound. Apart from that, there is a brake squeal sound in the early morning from the same side.

Can i keep driving till i reach ford service? Brakes work fine otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinath34 (Post 3881807)
Took my Ecoboost to the Elite Ford svc centre to address a hard gearshift issue that I had highlighted during my paid service one month back. There was some roughness while shifting between 1-2-3 gears.

Found that there was a minor leak of gear oil which the svc centre dismissed as under torque of the fasteners. Took this as a pinch of salt and told that I will observe this leak for a couple of days and bring it back to them if any leaks found. The oil level was normal but still was a bit concerning regarding the under torquing of the bolts.

My tdci had a minor transmission oil leak. They dissembled and reassembled the entire transmission assembly to put a new sealant. All under warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilg33 (Post 3881833)
My tdci had a minor transmission oil leak. They dissembled and reassembled the entire transmission assembly to put a new sealant. All under warranty.

Did you face any hard gearshifts due to the leak? If yes, did it become better after the new seal and re-assembly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinath34 (Post 3882212)
Did you face any hard gearshifts due to the leak? If yes, did it become better after the new seal and re-assembly?

No there was no marked difference in great shifts before or after the reassembly. But the service advisor at metro Ford told that it was the first case of oil leak they had in an ecosport. I was sceptical about the reassembling work, but no issues so far. It happened when the car was at 40k now it's at 54k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3881814)
I get a sound from the front right brakes if i make a left turn and brake at the same time: sort of metal rubbing / liquid flowing through tube sound. Apart from that, there is a brake squeal sound in the early morning from the same side.
Can i keep driving till i reach ford service? Brakes work fine otherwise.

I faced this sound in my m800 when a stone got stuck in the wheels. Call roadside assistance

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinath34 (Post 3881811)
One thing I have observed is that the new SYNC on the new Ecosport models display the track details when played via Bluetooth whereas the old ones show "Playing music via Bluetooth" :Frustrati

Yes that was one thing i miss in Sync, it cant beam ID3 tags to the MID. Good to see the new version of Sync with Applink supports it. Btw did you notice any changes after the update ? The common bugs in Sync with bother me are:
I pair it with my Galaxy S3 btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 3882789)
Yes that was one thing i miss in Sync, it cant beam ID3 tags to the MID. Good to see the new version of Sync with Applink supports it. Btw did you notice any changes after the update ? The common bugs in Sync with bother me are:

[.

I had a doubt here, I own a pre face lift ecosport but bought just 2 months ago. My sync shows the mp3 tag while playing via Bluetooth, does it mean I have an updated sync. I dont remember any sync updation being done during first service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanu2k15 (Post 3877151)
Hey Guys,
So I am enjoying my new Ecosport. Do check out the pics I posted here on another thread.

So now I have a question. I have got almost all the accessories I need for now for the car. Just wanted to know about the Rogerab. I have seen posts in this thread about the same. Should I get one? are they worth the money?
Link: Rogerab

and how is it different from the ones available on Aliexpress?

Any inputs on this would be helpful.

So completed a trip to Amritsar from Delhi and back. In total traveled around 900 kms. Now the ODO stands at 2040 kms.
Driving was fun with good low end torque, being the car was fully loaded with 5 adults and luggage full to the brim. Mileage was around 17.5kmpl using auto cut method (MID showing 18.5) with the max speed was 120 kmph and mostly hovering between 100-110 kmph. The only issue faced was that suddenly in the middle of the travel the warning light came up with MID showing warning "Engine service now". Stopped and shut down the engine and started it after 5 minutes and the issue was gone. Got it checked from a authorized service center in Jalandhar and was told that there is no issue. Overall a very satisfied drive and happy with the mileage for the load and speed the car was doing. Though my city drives gives me a mileage of around 19kmpl lol: (a very sane driver) with a normal speed of 60kmph max.

The car is not for 5 adults, that's for sure. The middle person in the back complained about the comfort and had a little backache.

So any inputs on the Rogerab or anything equivalent? Should I get one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanu2k15 (Post 3882962)
So any inputs on the Rogerab or anything equivalent? Should I get one?

Yes get it done. I have it installed and it has improved the ride over rough roads significantly. One does not feel the sharp thud going at speed over potholes or road step ups as much as with the default suspension.